F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: F the NCAA

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hartjack8 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:53 am Pretty sure we Fucked the Silvio situation. When he got banned for two years we told the NCAA that the Adidas guy was a booster. Can't remember why it was something the NCAA told us they wanted so they did it. The NCAA is such a joke. But if you admit something you toast.
KU was also told by the NCAA that that would not affect the investigation into KU at all. Essentially, KU was allowed to stipulate to one thing for clearinghouse purposes but not for infractions purposes. Kind of like a separate jurisdiction thing.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

With as much as KU's name has been linked to this investigation I can't imagine a way they get off with nothing. That being said I also can't see, at least with the publicly available information that KU gets a 'Level 1' punishment.
I do hope this serves as a wake up call to the staff and if you want to kick dirt you better be much, much smarter about it.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm getting pushed via email ( from Bill Self personally! ) to buy season tickets.
And there's a lot of this language: Don't hesitate on this opportunity.
Sure hope it's just standard, 'we gotta sell more season tickets' rather than, 'let's sell them while we can before the hammer'.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:21 am I'm getting pushed via email ( from Bill Self personally! ) to buy season tickets.
And there's a lot of this language: Don't hesitate on this opportunity.
Sure hope it's just standard, 'we gotta sell more season tickets' rather than, 'let's sell them while we can before the hammer'.
There seems to have been that push over the last few months. It feels like KU is worried they will have a severe punishment and fans won't be there.

I can't recall there ever being an issue with season tickets and this big of a push for basketball.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Arizona going to get hammered. Lsu, Louisville as well one would think. Nc state makes 4....who are the other two? Okie state? USC?

Kansas has been mentioned a lot because it's a big name that draws clicks. But what tangible evidence is there besides a text message about a guy we didnt get? Seems there is very little on us that is usable evidence, unless theres something we havent seen yet.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if anything, maybe KT gets some punishment
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:25 am Arizona going to get hammered. Lsu, Louisville as well one would think. Nc state makes 4....who are the other two? Okie state? USC?
The FBI announced in September 2017 it had indicted 10 persons -- including four assistant coaches -- on charges of bribery and fraud. The cases wrapped up this year with assistant coaches at Auburn, Arizona, USC and Oklahoma State pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit bribery.

add lsu, and there's your 5
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And the sixth is.. ..... nc state. Hopefully.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Or Louisville probably has as big a case as nc state.
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Wasn't Creigton on record for having done the same?

There's plenty of schools with actual proof of payment. A lot of KUs is trying to connect the dots. Obviously not saying KU hasn't paid, because EVERYONE has, they just had no concrete proof during this stuff.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TCU too
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

there are easily a half dozen programs that should be more worried than Kansas, based on the facts that have been established
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

After the egregious offenses of 3-4 programs there is a whole slew of possibilities.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The ncaa has had egg on their face for the last two years while all the trials have played out. The trials are over and the ncaa is frothing at the mouth. They are going to get their pound of flesh.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:40 am Wasn't Creigton on record for having done the same?

There's plenty of schools with actual proof of payment. A lot of KUs is trying to connect the dots. Obviously not saying KU hasn't paid, because EVERYONE has, they just had no concrete proof during this stuff.
This. On my 45 minute commute to LFK I thought about that this morning. The worst that the NCAA has is text messages implying but never stating that paying players was an option. It makes sense to all of us but all of us are also looking at this through slight tinted KU glasses. And we are talking about the NCAA were common sense is thrown right out the window.
Now that being said if the NCAA doesn't drop a hammer on a big name program: KU, Duke, UNC aka a 'headliner' what will their investigation really accomplished. It will be laughable in the national media and things will resume as normal. That is why I can see the NCAA using KU as an example to set precedent.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Arizona, Okie State, NC State, Auburn, LSU and USC are the 6 that come to mind.

The NCAA realized it had nothing on us so they tried to punish us with the DeSousa ruling and that was thrown back in their face on appeal. Maybe we lose a scholly for the "we good?" but I dont see anything existing evidence that rises to a Level 1 violation level.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Throw out KT's wiretap. Great.

Self's texts. I mean we all pretty much know what he is talking about but at the same time Billy was smart enough to make them so vague how could you tell.

Preston. Never played him. Wash.

That big issue I see will be the year that SdS played. I could see the NCAA coming after the banner because they will question whether or not SdS handler accepted money thus not making SdS ineligible. Of course in true NCAA fashion they are the ones that cleared him in the first place.

If from all of this the worst that happens is you have to take down a F4 and regular season banner I will be okay with that. The NCAA can eradicate that from the record books but you can't erase the memories that came with that run.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd want the NCAA to be transparent and show their work if they went after the FF banner and the season that took over the conference streak.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I dont give a crap about a banner removal. Thats a meaningless penalty.

So long as we dont get a postseason ban, I am fine. And I dont see anything that warrants it. Then again, I didnt see anything that warranted a 2 year ban of DeSousa so the NCAA is gonna NCAA, I guess.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

This has been lingering for nearly two years now. Whatever they are gonna do, just go ahead and do it. Get it over with. So we can turn this page.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"