F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: F the NCAA

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:06 am re: Coach 'Prime'.

I have had a mostly ewww thought process regarding what he did at CU. After watching his bit on 60 minutes, that perception has changed, for now. I still think the process is ewww, but taking at face value that he is being 'brutally honest' with the kids that were there and those coming, I have respect, in principle, the philosophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8PSWeRLGXs
Same.

I saw but haven't watched the 60 Minutes interview yet. But I watched and posted this on the NCAA Football 2023 thread:

ESPN’s Louis Riddick tells Rich Eisen why Deion Sanders unconventional approach to coaching bothers a lot of his colleagues and media pundits alike. | The Rich Eisen Show

and came away with a very different perspective.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Would you look at this.....
100 years later.......

https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1 ... 5728203822
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pat Forde is trash.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

At a maximum, I'm betting KU has to vacate a few wins and Townsend gets a lengthy suspension.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

After 6 years, we should tell them we will serve the penalty six years from now - or whenever we get around to it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:34 pmPat Forde is trash.
Forde is stretching off-camera as we speak, readying his best performative outrage.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we get those wins vacated, and our Final Four stripped, i'd understand it, almost support it, in a vacuum, but due to the NCAA not having any consistent rulings, and basically proving year in year out they are a clown show, i'll be pretty pissed.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:27 pm If we get those wins vacated, and our Final Four stripped, i'd understand it, almost support it, in a vacuum, but due to the NCAA not having any consistent rulings, and basically proving year in year out they are a clown show, i'll be pretty pissed.
That would put KU back behind UK for all-time wins, right?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes, depending if they clear out every single win we got with DeSousa playing minutes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:27 pm If we get those wins vacated, and our Final Four stripped, i'd understand it, almost support it, in a vacuum, but due to the NCAA not having any consistent rulings, and basically proving year in year out they are a clown show, i'll be pretty pissed.
It’s been so long that the details have mostly been forgotten. I think it’s HIGHLY relevant that we’re largely in trouble (1) over a guy we voluntarily held out of competition, and (2) on the basis of evidence that wouldn’t pass the laugh test in an actual legal proceeding.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

nobody cares anymore. the school doesn't care. the coaches don't care. the players certainly don't care. students don't care. alumni don't care. fans don't care.

nobody cares about this crap anymore.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Or to add, with reference to Silvio, a guy the NCAA cleared.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I suppose. And generally agree.

But in this case, it's if the police didn't have enough evidence at the time to charge you, even though they suspected something, they let you go ( you can play DeSousa ), and then new evidence surfaced ( after DeSousa was off the team ).

But also the police are all wearing make up and colorful wigs and huge red rubber shoes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:35 pm nobody cares anymore. the school doesn't care. the coaches don't care. the players certainly don't care. students don't care. alumni don't care. fans don't care.

nobody cares about this crap anymore.
Barring something shocking, it’s clear that our long game - stay in the fight long enough to the point that the alleged conduct is now, in substance, effectively ALLOWED - has paid off.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
DeSousa sign this autograph, come to my son's birthday party, and pose for a photo i'll put on Instagram, here's 60k.
You can give some to your mom if you want.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:39 pm I suppose. And generally agree.

But in this case, it's if the police didn't have enough evidence at the time to charge you, even though they suspected something, they let you go ( you can play DeSousa ), and then new evidence surfaced ( after DeSousa was off the team ).

But also the police are all wearing make up and colorful wigs and huge red rubber shoes.
That’s all fine, but at some point if the NCAA is going to be in the eligibility game, then a clearance should be a golden ticket absent, basically, fraud. The burden should be on the investigators.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eh.
I don't agree.
But it doesn't matter anymore.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:41 pm Right.
DeSousa sign this autograph, come to my son's birthday party, and pose for a photo i'll put on Instagram, here's 60k.
You can give some to your mom if you want.
Correct. And I know you and I don’t see eye to eye on whether that SHOULD be legal. But the fact is that it is.

Should that be dispositive? No. But I think it’s a piece of the puzzle here - we shouldn’t get hammered for something the industry has since decided is legal.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

and we shouldn’t get hammered because they failed to do their job thoroughly
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?