Half Donuts

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Half Donuts

Post by pdub »

I pay the upgrade for Dave's Killer bread/baked goods.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dave’s bread is really good. Haven’t had his English muffins - is it worth the premium over the store brand?

But for bread, I normally get this fresh sourdough or this fresh big giant Italian loaf from the store bakery.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:41 pm I pay the upgrade for Dave's Killer bread/baked goods.
^^^^

dave’s is awesome
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 pm Haven’t had his English muffins - is it worth the premium over the store brand?
I would say yes.
But I don't eat English muffins daily - more of a weekend treat deal.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 pm Dave’s bread is really good. Haven’t had his English muffins - is it worth the premium over the store brand?

But for bread, I normally get this fresh sourdough or this fresh big giant Italian loaf from the store bakery.
If you are toasting, get whatever is cheapest. If you are eating untoasted, get whatever is best quality.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait, untoasted English muffins is a thing?!

what in the actual fuck
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I usually only eat english muffins when I get breakfast at McDs.

But I realized, like an idiot, the last time I got grocery store bagels, that the ones in the bakery are about 10X better than any of the ones in the bread aisle name brand or store brand.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 865

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:36 pm wait, untoasted English muffins is a thing?!

what in the actual fuck
If you are eating them straight with some butter or jam, a fresh baked English muffin is amazing, and better untoasted. If you are rocking some Thomas for a BEC sandwich, then toasting makes it easier, and will be better to just get anything.

Like the assholes that always want to toast their bagels. They obviously never had a real bagel, and just want a bread to cram cream cheese and stuff it down their gullet. It's sick and sad.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, bagels gotta be fresh.

I’ve been on an English muffin/homemade McMuffin kick.

2x muffins, extra toasty, little butter on one side, sharp cheddar on the other. Maybe Swiss or provolone or poach some of beav’s shredded pepper Jack, but in the end we all know cheddar is best.

fried eggs ideally with just a touch of yolk left but not too much to make it runny, maybe some ham or turkey or bacon for extra protein.

If I get that much, I can normally power through without getting hangry before lunch.

Then lunch is a homemade deli sammich on an Italian loaf the size of a toddler.
Deleted User 865

Not bad. My goto is egg with paprika, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper in a ramakin, microwave that for about 90 seconds, throw on a slice of Boar's Head American, then either a sausage patty or couple of slices of bacon on a toasted English Muffin, with garlic hot sauce. Probably about 5 minutes to make, and will fill you up for a while.
Deleted User 865

And my wife has gotten into the stereotypical white girl COVID mode and started making sourdough loafs. She's gotten really good, and enjoys them. Been rocking those bad boys all pandemic. Her other loafs are coming along, but not as good as her sourdough.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Those sound like good seasonings.

I normally just hit the eggs with a little Lowry’s, but will also put Cavender’s Greek, Tony’s creole, Joe’s French fry seasoning, or maybe just douse the eggs in some kinda hot sauce.
Deleted User 865

It just brings out the flavors a little more of the egg. Fresh ground black pepper goes a long way, and is 10x better than anything preground. You also need to set your grinder to your tastes. I had my grinder to fine, and moved it up to a little courser, and holy shit, everything started popping better. I usually don't go for mixed seasonings. You can usually make it better just mixing your own. Also, you can get a pound of seasoning for $7-10 when 2 ozs costs $3-4.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fresh ground pepper with a good grinder is key for so many dishes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Crazy how quickly you can spice things up with a fresh Grindr session.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

vega wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:49 pm And my wife has gotten into the stereotypical white girl COVID mode and started making sourdough loafs. She's gotten really good, and enjoys them. Been rocking those bad boys all pandemic. Her other loafs are coming along, but not as good as her sourdough.
there’s a yeast joke in there somewhere, but i’m not touching it
Deleted User 865

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:25 pm
vega wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:49 pm And my wife has gotten into the stereotypical white girl COVID mode and started making sourdough loafs. She's gotten really good, and enjoys them. Been rocking those bad boys all pandemic. Her other loafs are coming along, but not as good as her sourdough.
there’s a yeast joke in there somewhere, but i’m not touching it
My wife will be disappointed
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang.

Don’t hesitate about making yeast jokes. You should rise to the occasion.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhD sorry if this is you in real life

https://twitter.com/sammorril/status/13 ... 07969?s=21