Mahomie

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Mahomie

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 am That will be a hell of a game on Thursday night. That place will be rocking.

I was at the game yesterday and Camarohead was in full tilt. Took a party bus and sat up in the cheap seats. First thing walking in someone had puked everywhere and then a guy in front of us (camo bibs and all) was peeing in a bottle waiting in line to get through security. I missed almost the whole first quarter waiting to get through security and then get up to the nosebleeds someone had puked in the seats behind us. Four seats down an older gentleman in a Santa hat was yelling at four girls to sit down in front of him because he couldn't see the game. Great times up in the nosebleeds.

Status of Hill, Ware and Erving on a quick turnaround. Plus what can the Chiefs get from EB (snap count), Benjamin and West? My guess is the Chiefs win a close one and if he didn't already Mahomes wraps up the MVP on Thursday night.
From multiple people that I know who attended the game. That was old Arrowhead. When the Chiefs needed a lift, the crowd gave it to them. Said it was the loudest game they've been to.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 am That will be a hell of a game on Thursday night. That place will be rocking.

I was at the game yesterday and Camarohead was in full tilt. Took a party bus and sat up in the cheap seats. First thing walking in someone had puked everywhere and then a guy in front of us (camo bibs and all) was peeing in a bottle waiting in line to get through security. I missed almost the whole first quarter waiting to get through security and then get up to the nosebleeds someone had puked in the seats behind us. Four seats down an older gentleman in a Santa hat was yelling at four girls to sit down in front of him because he couldn't see the game. Great times up in the nosebleeds.

Status of Hill, Ware and Erving on a quick turnaround. Plus what can the Chiefs get from EB (snap count), Benjamin and West? My guess is the Chiefs win a close one and if he didn't already Mahomes wraps up the MVP on Thursday night.
No fights? Must be getting civilized.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not THAT much better.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Worth a shot.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Bigger problem may be the weather.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:11 am The Chiefs will have the AFC West and #1 seed wrapped up if they beat Chargers Thursday, which I think they will.
They won't wrap up the #1 with a win over the Chargers since they lost to NE. Beat the Chargers and either the Raiders/Seahawks and they will. Or win 2 of the last 3. Or just go ahead and win them all.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LVCHawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:16 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:11 am The Chiefs will have the AFC West and #1 seed wrapped up if they beat Chargers Thursday, which I think they will.
They won't wrap up the #1 with a win over the Chargers since they lost to NE. Beat the Chargers and either the Raiders/Seahawks and they will. Or win 2 of the last 3. Or just go ahead and win them all.
Yeah good point. Just read an article that made me wrong. Basically have to win 2 out of 3. Or win this Thursday and have the Steelers beat the Pats on Sunday and it's wrapped up with 2 weeks to go.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We aren’t loosing to the Raiders at home so yes, beat the Chargers and it’s all wrapped up.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Would love nothing more to wrap up the whole thing by beating the Chargers, Raiders and then sitting the starters against the Seahawks. Gives guys that need rest that week and the first round bye time to prepare for the stretch run that hopefully runs through Arrowhead.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think the Seahawks game is before the Raiders.

I don’t think you can rest anyone unless we beat both the Chargers and Seahawks.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:39 pm Bigger problem may be the weather.
This is a great thing to remember as Mahomes breaks records—he is not a dome qb and incredibly has no inside stats this year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:53 pm
This is a great thing to remember as Mahomes breaks records—he is not a dome qb and incredibly has no inside stats this year.
The only 2 QB's in NFL history to throw for 50 TD's are:

Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

THU
DEC 13
Rain
38°29°
80%
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Not sure that either of them went dome free for a whole season. And Denver does have its own advantages for home teams. Weird schedule for KC this year.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:51 pm I think the Seahawks game is before the Raiders.

I don’t think you can rest anyone unless we beat both the Chargers and Seahawks.
You are right. Chargers, Seahawks, and Raiders. Either way try and make that last game meaningless to rest starters.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:17 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Not sure that either of them went dome free for a whole season. And Denver does have its own advantages for home teams. Weird schedule for KC this year.
Brady played no dome games in '07 and Manning played just 1 in '11.

Your weird argument is toast.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Both did.

Brady at Indy and at Dallas in 2007.

Manning at Dallas and at Indy and at Houston in 2013.

Still a weird argument, but one that is true.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well shit, I could have sworn I did not see Indy on there but I overlooked.

Dallas doesn't count. Hole in the roof.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 pm
Dallas doesn't count. Hole in the roof.
Terry Bradshaw was a motivational speaker at a conference I attended years ago.
He said that the hole in the roof was so that God could watch his team play.

Hearing it from him was hilarious.