pdub
Site Admin

Re: Mahomie

Post by pdub »

Rain supposed to be gone by kickoff.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Chiefs released a video that had a lot of EB in it so it’s looking like he’s for sure gonna play tomorrow.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

1. Does he start? (Doubtful)
2. How many snaps does he play?
3. When he does come in the game can the stadium folks play Stone Cold’s glass breaking entrance music.
Holidaysmore - 2005
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:44 pm 1. Does he start? (Doubtful)
2. How many snaps does he play?
3. When he does come in the game can the stadium folks play Stone Cold’s glass breaking entrance music.

1) I don't think he starts.
2) I'm kind of thinking somewhere between 30-40% maybe less.
3) It would be a tragedy for them NOT to do this lol
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 pm Well shit, I could have sworn I did not see Indy on there but I overlooked.

Dallas doesn't count. Hole in the roof.
Weird argument? Conditions outside make passing more difficult. I noted that this was a dome free year for KC. Don’t remember a team avoiding even Dallas all year. Brees and Manning definitely benefited on career stats. Does make Brady GOAT in my opinion too.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oh please. Over a career it doesn’t matter. Even over a season, you have Brees and Manning, but both were HOFers indoors and out.

What Mahomes is doing is out of this world, there’s no reason to say it’s being hindered by anything. It’s just as bad of an argument saying that Mahomes’s numbers are inflated bc of bad defensive rules.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs going Red on Red tomorrow night.

Tomorrow is as close as the Chiefs will get to a playoff game until a month later on January 12th or 13th. Either Chiefs will have nothing to play for, or they'll have to win just one more game to get the 1 seed. This is exciting!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs will have to do it with their third string running back.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 pm Well shit, I could have sworn I did not see Indy on there but I overlooked.

Weird argument? Conditions outside make passing more difficult. I noted that this was a dome free year for KC. Don’t remember a team avoiding even Dallas all year. Brees and Manning definitely benefited on career stats. Does make Brady GOAT in my opinion too.
Manning's dome vs. outdoors splits are nearly identical. Brees a bit better in domes but not heavily skewed. You know there are sites out there that provide these stats so you dont have to just assume, right? And I'd bet the dome percentage increases match the overall increase you'd expect to see for any QB in their home/road split.

Mahomes isnt going to be hurt by playing outdoors.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Wow, this whole indoor/outdoor thing really has people worked up
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:33 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Manning's dome vs. outdoors splits are nearly identical. Brees a bit better in domes but not heavily skewed. You know there are sites out there that provide these stats so you dont have to just assume, right? And I'd bet the dome percentage increases match the overall increase you'd expect to see for any QB in their home/road split.

Mahomes isnt going to be hurt by playing outdoors.
CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm Chiefs will have to do it with their third string running back.
As will the Chargers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Melvin Gordon may play.
Ware very likely won't.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:45 pm Wow, this whole indoor/outdoor thing really has people worked up
I've been stooped up inside too long. Need some fresh air.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:45 pm Wow, this whole indoor/outdoor thing really has people worked up
Here, here. And some sun would be nice too.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

You going to the game tomorrow?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:11 pm
You going to the game tomorrow?
Chiefs? No, not a Chiefs fan, although I've been out there for a couple of games.

A family member actually plays for Arizona State, so heading out to Vegas tomorrow for their bowl game this weekend. Might put 20 G's on duke for the title b/c I've been told it's a lock.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Heard a discussion on radio 810 in KC today about the Chiefs video of Eric Berry running out of the locker room toward the field. Those talking about it were convinced that that meant he’d play Thursday night, otherwise no point in the timing of the video. We’ll see.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Someone who knows the ins and outs of the Chiefs mentioned that Marketing doesn’t put anything out like that without word from the football side about what will happen. Football side likely gave word to marketing that said Berry will play and Marketing ran with that. They wouldn’t Go to that level of promotion and then Berry not play. Just doesn’t make sense.

shindig

Post by shindig »

Domes are so 1980's...all NFL teams should be required to play on natural grass in the elements...period.