Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Soklous

Re: Mahomie

Post by Soklous »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 am http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2581 ... ship-games

#2 on the list:

Chris Jones is called for a phantom roughing the passer penalty
Situation: Second-and-7 on the New England 28-yard line, 7:10 to go in the fourth quarter

Score: Chiefs lead 21-17

Well, this is awkward. Earlier this week, I wrote about how there isn't much evidence of Tom Brady getting a disproportionate number of roughing the passer calls. So, several days later, Brady ... gets a shaky roughing the passer call when the Chiefs defensive lineman appeared to hit Brady in the shoulder, only to be called for a blow to the head. Thanks, refs.

# 3 on the list:

The Patriots win the overtime coin toss
Situation: Beginning of overtime

Score: Tied at 31-31

After Patrick Mahomes drove the Chiefs 48 yards on two plays to get into field goal range at the end of regulation, Andy Reid called for Mahomes to throw one pass downfield before Harrison Butker tied the game up with a 39-yard field goal. Mahomes never saw the field again, as the Patriots won the coin toss and then drove 75 yards for the game-winning touchdown. It was a cruel end to the season for the presumptive league MVP.

https://twitter.com/demetricdwarren/sta ... 91793?s=21
I am, I said.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's no different than the KU Big 12 streak. Skill gets you so far and then luck helps you from time to time. Ford lines up onsides and we are talking about the torch being passed from Brady to Mahomes after what would have been a 1 TD, 3 pick game. Instead we get this 2 week slobber fest.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I blame Clete Blakeman.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The more Brady trains the luckier he gets.
Funny how that works.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Rob Parker has always referred to Brady as the LOAT, heh.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tuck ruler. Not a single holding call on the Pats. Not one. Brady not allowed to be touched. Need him out of the league. He was an average QB yesterday with help. KC’s defensive scheme not great.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I fully understand venting. What I don't understand is not taking accountability. Unfortunately the Chiefs didn't play their best game on Sunday. Instead of finding fault in the winner/s - why not find fault and complain about why your team lost?
No holding calls on the Pats? Well, technically you're wrong because there was a holding penalty (defensive) against the Pats but I do realize you were referring to the O-Line. I'm a bit surprised too but maybe, just maybe, the refs decided to let both team's O-Lines "hold" at times. I say that because
how many holding penalties were the Chiefs called for?
Did the Chiefs not hold (offensively or defensively) on any plays?
The Pats O-Line may or may not have held but either way, I am going to give them credit for a heck of a game. They dominated.
Bottom line - Brady's O-Line > KC D-Line? I feel it was that way going in to the game, during the game, and after the game.
Brady needs to be "out of the league".... Why? Because he has a great O-Line and at 41 is still more than capable of leading his team to the SB? Or because it's boring and the love fest for him is nauseating? Meanwhile, I figure fans of ANY other NFL team would love to have had him be their QB and have his success since 2001. It is what it is. He's a great QB and more importantly - a winner.
He was an "average" QB on Sunday? Fine but I think most Patriots fans are ok that he was average - and lead his team to 3 TD in the last 10 minutes of football that were played. Or do you think they would have preferred that he was great and not lead his team to 3 TD in the last 10 minutes of football played?
Sure looked better than average to me - at least when it really mattered.
You did hit the nail on the head with your "KC’s defensive scheme not great" comment.
Sucks the Chiefs lost. I'm sure it will sting for a while. Maybe forever. Thing as a sports fan (including being a KU Basketball fan) is there are some major disappointments but reflect on a great season and be hopeful for next season. I'm thinking positive. The Chiefs will be back and I think they will be even better next season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Gutter is still high from his victory.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:35 am Gutter is still high from his victory.
It appears he said something, but that's too many words from Gutter to read just to hear for the millionth time how grounded as a fan of every team besides the one we're talking about, he is. Let me guess, "Brady sucked, well he sure didn't suck as he held the championship trophy." "Mahomes is amazing, well he sure wasn't amazing when he overthrew the guy in the 1st half." "Dee Ford is amazing and him lining up offsides had absolutely nothing to do with determining the outcome, the vastly superior team would have won anyways. The Chiefs would have fumbled the ball when taking a knee at the end." Something sucks but I'll then talk about how great it is. Something is great, but then I'll cover all my bases and say it sucks. That's what I took from the wall of text I didn't read.
Deleted User 183

Yep, high as balls! Sure beats still being low after a defeat.

Seems according to the sentiment on here I would be a better person if I was crying about Brady (and the Patriots) - for reasons that are ____________________ .
Duly noted.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's an odd one, that gutter.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

LVCHawk wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:08 am
It appears he said something, but that's too many words from Gutter to read just to hear for the millionth time how grounded as a fan of every team besides the one we're talking about, he is. Let me guess, "Brady sucked, well he sure didn't suck as he held the championship trophy." "Mahomes is amazing, well he sure wasn't amazing when he overthrew the guy in the 1st half." "Dee Ford is amazing and him lining up offsides had absolutely nothing to do with determining the outcome, the vastly superior team would have won anyways. The Chiefs would have fumbled the ball when taking a knee at the end." Something sucks but I'll then talk about how great it is. Something is great, but then I'll cover all my bases and say it sucks. That's what I took from the wall of text I didn't read.
Spot on
Deleted User 183

Sorry, I guess I would be a better person and fan if I was you. Got it. Have a nice day.
Deleted User 183

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 am
Spot on
Spot on is I suck because I don't blow people who don't deserve to be blown (when others feel they are worthy and do it) and I suck because I do blow people who others feel don't deserve to be blown (simply because they are bitter - usually on the losing end).
You know what? I'm just fine being that guy. Sorry you're not ok with it. Have a nice day!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dee Ford:

“That was an opportunity for the whole city of Kansas City to make history,” Ford said. “It is what it is at the end of the day. I’ll take it on the chest, and I’m going to use it as motivation. Sloppy football on my end at the end of the day, whether it’s six inches, however many inches I was offside.”
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KMBC reporting that brady was hit with a laser pointer on one of the interception plays.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fan should have been hitting Bob Sutton with a laser pointer instead.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hey Gutter,

Your Kicker hit the upright and fucked da bears.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 183

Exactly Geezer! I was bummed and still am to a very small degree. Shit happens.
Meanwhile, I sure as heck didn't bitch about anything relative to the Eagles. Or the refs. Or anything other than the Bears losing the game.
Seems some/many Chiefs fans on here take out their frustration and find fault/s with the team/player/s they lost to.
That's not what I like to do. To each their own.