Mahomie

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Mahomie

Post by pdub »

He's a top 5 receiver.
He should make huge plays.
The ball hit him in the hand - he had a chance to catch it - it was not uncatchable.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Exactly. Not a bad throw by Mahomes either. If Mahomes throws it normal, Hill is getting destroyed by the crashing safety and the ball comes out regardless. Mahomes gave Hill a chance to catch it AND not get blown up a split second after.

Was always told that if you get your hand, wrist or arm on the ball, it's yours to catch.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe I'm just seeing the wrong minutes of games, but my limited watching, I felt like the Chiefs WR's dropped a lot of balls.

Meaning, it's possible that Mahomes has been even better than his unprecedented numbers.

Of course, if his teammates don't make mistakes, then he can't do his 3rd and long magic.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That Hill throw was 100% on Mahomes and he would tell you that publicly or privately. Way behind him and when you are throwing slants going into the second level if you are going to miss it better be low for the exact reason why that turnover took place.
When I have seen coaching staffs grade film they look at reads and ball placement so based on that I would have graded that play a negative for Mahomes.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

An elite receiver makes plays.
That was a play he could have made.
It was a poor throw but Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson often live with bad throws -- and Tyreek is very good, he had a hand on it, and it was a tough catch, but not uncatchable.

If i'm going to blame someone for the interception, it's definitely Mahomes, but you could see how a great play by Tyreek would have prevented the pick.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Ehhh...not that hot of take to me. Everyone was saying that coming out because he did do that at times at Tech. One, because he had to and two, he wasn't getting the same quality of coaching he was going to get when the Chiefs drafted him.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Click through and read the rest of the thread.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Ahhh good ol hot takes from da Twitter world. A bunch of trolls and wanna be Stephen A and Skip Bayless.

I also lived in Denver at the time when Lynch was drafted and the way the local sports radio pundits reacted you would have thought they drafted Brady and Montana in their respective primes.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Let's hope the Denver fans got hyped up from the progress of Lock for nothing and he blows it next season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:05 pm Let's hope the Denver fans got hyped up from the progress of Lock for nothing and he blows it next season.
I see it a little differently - I hope he develops into the dreaded middle. Good enough that he's not worth replacing, not good enough to ever be a serious threat.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Lock has potential to be good. But I don't think he's much better than say Derek Carr. Will be good, not great, but sufficient enough to challenge KC consistently.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:10 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:05 pm Let's hope the Denver fans got hyped up from the progress of Lock for nothing and he blows it next season.
I see it a little differently - I hope he develops into the dreaded middle. Good enough that he's not worth replacing, not good enough to ever be a serious threat.
Andy Daltonesque.
I like it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yes, or Carr-esque.

Look at all of the quarterbacks that have manned the other AFC East teams during Brady's run. The best of them are...Chad Pennington, Josh Allen and Jay Fiedler?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. He had some shit competition. Pennington, Allen and Fitzpatrick.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like how Chad Pennington just helped Tom Brady out on different teams for a long stretch of time.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:45 am Click through and read the rest of the thread.
This is exactly what I was asking for when I asked my question. Thx.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Reading this again, thinking about my own allegiances, and putting the Titans needs/situation in context, I really hope we re-up Henry and Tannehill, and just bitch the wagons to their success or not.

Mahomes has demonstrated thats how it’s to be done. You may be right or you may be wrong, just trust what you are doing, and what the players may do.

For most of you here, look 600 miles West to see the exact opposite of that in the donkeys, and know they shouldn’t be troubling you for a bit in the division. Be as thankful that they now have Elway in the FO as you probably damned him as a player.