Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Cascadia

Re: Mahomie

Post by Cascadia »

Agree with Jfish EB timeline. Too many unknown risks in the Rams game. @Oakland seems like the most likely return.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 am On Berry...@Raiders after the bye seems about right. I don't think they would make a weird game in Mexico City his return week. Between the altitude and unknown field conditions, that just doesn't seem like an ideal situation. And I don't see it happening before then.
My guess is 12/9 at home v the Ravens or not at all.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think he'll definitely be back, barring some setback. They wouldn't preserve the hyper-valuable return-from-IR spot for him if not.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meanwhile the injuries pile up on the Chiefs.
Tyreek and Hitchens both came out of the game with injuries.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:53 am Meanwhile the injuries pile up on the Chiefs.
If Hitchens is out for any length of time, you'd have to figure Derrick Johnson would get a call.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oof.
You could be right.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He’s not a bad fit in packages designed to stop the run. He’s really only a viable option if Hitchens is really out, though, because he won’t help on special teams.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 am On Berry...@Raiders after the bye seems about right. I don't think they would make a weird game in Mexico City his return week. Between the altitude and unknown field conditions, that just doesn't seem like an ideal situation. And I don't see it happening before then.
If unknown field conditions are a concern, don't think @Oakland is the best game to bring him back either. I actually think the Azteca's field will be in decent shape. I think the last game that was played there was Oakland and New England, and I think it was a pretty good field.

I didn't realize that Azteca is 2,100 feet above Mile High's stadium.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As a feel good story, I'd like him back, but I think he's just lost all of his speed.
I guess he'd be alright since he's comfortable in the defense but there's a reason he was cut and hasn't found a team yet.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:53 am Meanwhile the injuries pile up on the Chiefs.
I wouldn't worry to much about Reek. He will be fine.

Hitch, on the other end, "severely" bruised his ribs. He is listed as week to week. That type of injury is a pain tolerance thing. I would expect Niemann to get extra reps this week.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Looking ahead level of difficulty:

v/@ Rams - toss up in Mexico City - will be tough

@ Seattle - I wouldn't count out Russell Wilson at home
v Chargers - We own Rivers but they are a talented football team
v Baltimore - strong defense, have a deep threat and possession receiver

@ Cleveland - team is down a head coach and o coordinator
@ Raiders - Gruden has lost the squad - fire sale on their players
v Zona - good running back but just a sad team
v Raiders - see @ Raiders but apply to Arrowhead

I think we honestly need to go 6-2, maybe even 7-1 to have a shot at the number 1 overall.
Pats have @ Miami, @ Steelers, v Packers, v Vikings and they hold the tiebreaker.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:40 pm
If unknown field conditions are a concern, don't think @Oakland is the best game to bring him back either. I actually think the Azteca's field will be in decent shape. I think the last game that was played there was Oakland and New England, and I think it was a pretty good field.

I didn't realize that Azteca is 2,100 feet above Mile High's stadium.
I think Oakland's field is fine after baseball is done? Bad in September/October, fine after?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:34 pm Looking ahead level of difficulty:

v/@ Rams - toss up in Mexico City - will be tough

@ Seattle - I wouldn't count out Russell Wilson at home
v Chargers - We own Rivers but they are a talented football team
v Baltimore - strong defense, have a deep threat and possession receiver

@ Cleveland - team is down a head coach and o coordinator
@ Raiders - Gruden has lost the squad - fire sale on their players
v Zona - good running back but just a sad team
v Raiders - see @ Raiders but apply to Arrowhead

I think we honestly need to go 6-2, maybe even 7-1 to have a shot at the number 1 overall.
Pats have @ Miami, @ Steelers, v Packers, v Vikings and they hold the tiebreaker.
That battle with the Pats is the only thing that will make any of the post-San Diego games interesting for the Chiefs. Chiefs want NO part of Foxboro/January refs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pats don't break the rules Fish!
No penalties!
Perfect team, top to bottom!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Of note, those games I listed are not in order of when we play them, but in order of perceived difficulty.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:50 pm Pats don't break the rules Fish!
No penalties!
Perfect team, top to bottom!
Well here's the thing - I think that (honestly not unlike Duke, or West Virginia in a way) it's not so much that the Patriots break the rules on a game to game basis, it's that they're exceedingly great at knowing exactly how to play to the refs at home.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That.
Why I think the Chiefs cannot drop more than one more game and that's a very tough ask.
But honestly, given our future, just winning a home playoff game this year would be enough for me.

Give me a Bengals or Texans win at Arrowhead.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I think the AFC Championship game should be the goal this season. Anything beyond that is gravy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm I think the AFC Championship game should be the goal this season. Anything beyond that is gravy
Big scheme of things, yes. But then you get there, and you see a very flawed team across from you (whoever it ends up being), and maybe you've already beat the Rams, or they've already lost, and you start dreaming on it.

In that sense, it's not unlike the Thomas Robinson/Jeff Withey/Tyshawn team...why not us?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Because our defense is one of the worst in the NFL and the Pats always get dramatically better as the season goes on.