Mahomie

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Mahomie

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:15 pm Because our defense is one of the worst in the NFL and the Pats always get dramatically better as the season goes on.
Well, there is a lot of room in "worst in the NFL." If the Chiefs have the, I don't know, 20th-worst defense by playoff time I'll feel ok! Certainly the last few weeks have been encouraging. They'll boatrace the Browns this weekend and the Cardinals after that. Go play the Rams credibly, and I'll believe.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

And this is becoming a dead horse around KC but that defense will improve by getting Houston back and if you believe insiders and the Chiefs themselves will improve dramatically when EB returns.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Ford has made it so that, when Houston returns, he won't be the center of attention.

And Mahomes has made it so that Houston, Berry and Sorensen can return on their own timetables.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

He has and the emergence of KPass and Speaks as well. Still an 80% Houston is better than both of those guys (not including Ford).
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Absolutely. And those guys being able to play bigger roles should help keep Houston as close to 100% as possible once he's back. I'd rather have 95% of Houston, like, 50% of the time, than 50% of Houston 95% of the time.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Was that an omage to the percentage wheel that Newell (?) use to run on .com?

But your point is spot on. Depth is one thing the Chiefs have on defense right now. No need to rush Houston or EB back. Even though EB being listed as day to day reminds me of Self explaining when BP would be eligible last year. I don't know the first thing about rehabbing a deformity on your heel but I wonder what his rehab looks like? Is he doing things at game speed? Cutting, coming out of breaks, etc in the inside facility?

That depth is probably the reason why I don't see Veach making any further moves before tomorrows deadline.
Holidaysmore - 2005
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sounds like some traction coming out for Jackrabbit to the Chiefs. Steelers are in play as well.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:38 am Sounds like some traction coming out for Jackrabbit to the Chiefs. Steelers are in play as well.
I honestly don't think he improves this current team. This team needs a single high safety.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If you believe the Chiefs brass that single high safety could return any day now...

I don't know Jackrabbit's contract situation (edit it looks like it would be a one year if you wanted to dump him to avoid the cap hit) but I believe it wouldn't be a "rent" a player like Earl would have been. Lets say you give up a second rounder (knowing that maybe a third) for him. I would take that. You are set at the corner position because you can move Scandrick back inside with Fuller and have Nelson and Jackrabbit outside.

If there is a move to be made it would be at the ILB or, like you said the safety position. The problem is there isn't any safeties on the market that really fit Sutton's scheme.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 am If you believe the Chiefs brass that single high safety could return any day now...
I don't know if EB is a high safety type. He's a guy that likes to play in the box and be matched up against TE and whatnot. Maybe Parker will be better with Berry back, but Parker was truly awful against Denver. Allowed multiple guys to get behind him with ease.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No trades for Chiefs.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:25 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 am If you believe the Chiefs brass that single high safety could return any day now...
I don't know if EB is a high safety type. He's a guy that likes to play in the box and be matched up against TE and whatnot. Maybe Parker will be better with Berry back, but Parker was truly awful against Denver. Allowed multiple guys to get behind him with ease.
Much of what I am saying is based on the last time EB played but when he was healthy, what made him elite at the safety level was he had sideline to sideline range but could also drop down, play the run or cover a back or TE. He was so versatile. Can that EB return to form? I don't know. You are right Parker is awful and has been. That pick 6 against Cincy really masked his inefficiencies at the safety position.

I didn't see the Chiefs making a move. They strongly believe they will get better, without sacrificing draft picks by getting Houston and EB back. If EB doesn't come back and the Chiefs are left with a mixture of Parker, Murray, Dirty Dan and Lucas that could be a problem. Looking around, other than the Rams getting Fowler Jr. and the Texans getting DT (ehh move) teams that I believe the Chiefs will have to compete with or go through didn't make any moves either.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

By not making a move today, that just seems to me they believe EB will come back and be the type of player they need.

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:46 pm By not making a move today, that just seems to me they believe EB will come back and be the type of player they need.
It gives you a look at the size of the contracts that Berry and Houston have.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good article about the college duel between Mahomes and Mayfield:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... 6-showdown
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

This offense is so good they are almost boring.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yeah; they keep playing no matter the odd officiating today. Very impressive
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Chiefs offense = really good.

Chiefs defense = really, really bad.

Chiefs has better pray that EB and Houston not only come back but are in full strength. If not this defense can’t stop NE or Steelers.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am satisfied with the dee today. 4th down extended drives on some suspect penalties/spots have led to I think almost every point Cleveland scored.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:31 pm Chiefs offense = really good.

Chiefs defense = really, really bad.

Chiefs has better pray that EB and Houston not only come back but are in full strength. If not this defense can’t stop NE or Steelers.
Don't have to stop them if you can score more points than them.