Deleted User 104

Re: Mahomie

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Bengals getting their ass pounded.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You might want to pull Mahomes for the 4th quarter.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Yeah, no need to risk injury when you're going to win. The Bengals do not have the talent to come back down 28 in 15 minutes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK Patrick, take a bow, and a seat.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Mahomes gonna give us a lot of boring games to watch in the future. Should be nice.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Why are the starters in?
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Reid has a fantasy team
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Reid risking injury and pissing off Bengals.
Just dumb.
thebones

Post by thebones »

Mixon must have something on his gloves. Is there a pine tar rule in the NFL?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I can't believe I'm saying this but the defense looked really, really good.

I really like the young guys coming on as of late. I hate to say it but if you add a healthy Houston, Dirty Dan and dare I say it....EB....(can I dream, please).
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

If the Chiefs defense gives that type of effort every week, the Chiefs will be tough to stop.

Chiefs only gave up 239 total yards on offense. Defense was fast, physical and made plays on the ball when the ball was in the air. AJ Green got his, but he'll always get his. Chiefs shut everyone else down.

Everyone in the media is all about the 3 weapons Mahomes has with Hunt, Hill and Kelce. Keep in mind that Sammy Watkins had a 4 catch 74 yard performance, and had two drops that would have given him over 100 yards easily. This offense has so many weapons. On a particular TD play in the 2nd quarter, Kelce, Hill and Watkins all bunched up on left side of formation. Mahomes instead goes right to the backup TE, 6ft 7in Demetrius Harris, who was wide open because of focus of defense to the left side of the offensive formation.

I mean, it's just insane. Mahomes had one bad throw, the underthrown ball to Hill, who if hit in stride would have scored a TD. The Chiefs have had homegrown QBs just destroy them forever with Brady, Manning, Rivers, Elway and others. Now the roles are reversed. Mahomes will be guiding the Chiefs to a lot of big wins and comebacks that are tough for the other team to handle.

Next 4 games. Broncos at home. At Browns. Cardinals at home. Rams in Mexico City. Will likely head into bye week after the Rams game at 9-2 at worst. That Rams/Chiefs game will be incredible.

Don't think there is much doubt that the 3 best teams in the NFL are Rams, Chiefs and Pats. Saints are a close 4th.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I like the development of the younger guys too. DoD played well last night. I think of a sack in the third quarter - I want to say it was Jones who got the sack but Dalton was trying to hit Mixon on a choice route and he was being covered by DoD. He has the speed and quickness to match up with a James White. Speaks has been playing better. Bob got creative with his schemes last night and it worked. Scandrick has also been a pleasant surprise. The defensive goal for the rest of the year should be to win in two out of the following three categories: third down, red zone and turnovers. They do that you better start booking a hotel room in Atlanta.

Looking ahead at those three games, IMO are the most dangerous because even though those should be wins in the NFL anything can happen on a given day. It would be easy to get complacent and over look those opponents. These next three games are going to be interesting to watch to see if the Chiefs can remain focused on the task at hand and take care of business.

Chiefs fans are witnessing an emerging ELITE QB which has never happened in the history of this franchise. I, for one, am going to enjoy the ride because opportunities like this don't happen very often.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's very tough to see us loosing to Arizona - that team is in shambles - David Johnson should be able to run on us but that's about all they have.

Cleveland has lost/tied some games in OT - they play their best on their home turf and I could see a close game there.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The Cleveland game is intriguing. They are a top 5 team in terms of entertainment. They have a capable offense, their defense is actually really good.

Still hard to believe that Mayfield hosted Mahomes on his visit to Texas Tech.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Denver = W - some how Broncos fans think they turned the season around because they beat an AWFUL Arizona team. Denver nearly beat the Chiefs because they threw some different looks at Mahomes and the Denver crowd, when engaged makes a huge difference. They won't get that same benefit at Arrowhead.

@ Browns could be interesting. Browns are still a decent team on both sides of the ball but they still haven't figured out how to win yet. I want to say the Browns under Hue are like 1-10 in games decided by 3 points or less. Chiefs win in a close one.

Arizona - that game should be over by halftime.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yep agreed.
KC wins by 17 against Denver. Denver defense did well in first game. Mahomes is even better now than he was then. Don't think Von Miller will come out this week and say "We're gonna beat their ass"
Wins by 10 at Cleveland. Late FG seals it. Tough game and Cleveland crowd will be loud. Homecoming for Kelce, so I think he'll have a big game. Like the direction Cleveland is going.
Beats Arizona by Eleventy Billion. Really like David Johnson, so he may keep it close for a bit by himself, but a rookie QB against a likely healthy pass rush of Houston, Ford, Speaks and Jones. Good luck!

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Saw a funny tweet this morning.

"KC is about 2 punt-free games away from Dustin Colquitt being a healthy scratch."

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

The craziest part of the game for me was the announcers, about 10-11 minutes left the 4th quarter, comparing the Chiefs to the Globetrotters, for all the options Reid and Mahomes have leaving opposing defenses dumbfounded.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I see people on social media and boards talking about presnap movement and complexity in route concepts. That is true but it gives you a greater appreciation for what Mahomes is doing right now. It is one thing to do that on a white board or in practice it is another to not only get the right read presnap but to go through your pregressions and make the right decisions in a live, it really counts game against the best players in the world.
It helps to have Kelce, Hunt, Hill, etc and a genius in Reid but Mahomes can simply make plays that other QBs can’t. It was fascinating to see all the different angles he throws from.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and to be able to do all that at 23...