Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 887

Re: Mahomie

Post by Deleted User 887 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:53 pm Can/will someone please explain to me how/why Jackson Mahomes is a TikTok personality that ANYone would give a shit about in a positive way/manner?
Is it just me who feels he's a bitch who deserves to get his ass handed to him?
We are too old to think that Tic Tok is anything but dumb so making sense of why others find others there interesting may be futile.

Kids are mostly dorks with goofy interests that seem stupid. Some watch other people play video games, which is dumb to me. Others watch unboxings, which is ridiculous. Others watch famous people put onakeup or brush their hair. Many kids just have dumb interests, accept it.
I don't think TikTok is "dumb" per se. I assume there are some interesting things posted on it too.
That being said, I don't understand the obsession of people choosing to "follow" the particular people they choose to follow. I guess to each their own.
Deleted User 887

TDub wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 pm those same kids wonder why they have no jobs because they have no employable skills because they spent time watchingthis stupid ass shit instead of learning anything useful.....and think they should be paid the same as CEOs.....

and get off my lawn.
There is/are probably some valuable things posted on TikTok. Yes? No?
A woman I am friends with posted a video on Instagram last night of her baking something. I assume it was "educational" and "useful" being that it was pretty much step by step.

Of course I'm an old man who doesn't "get" a lot of things. Thus, the reason why I asked about Jackson Mahomes.
Deleted User 887

Right on cue.... Jackson Mahomes apologized.

"I want to sincerely apologize for accidentally being on the Sean Taylor #21 at FedEx Field. We were directed to stand in that area and I meant absolutely no disrespect to him or his family".
Last edited by Deleted User 887 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 am Right on cue.... Jackson Mahomes apologized.
At what point does a person wake up and realize the more you apologize it means you keep fucking up and less people are going to respect and believe you?

"I want to sincerely apologize for accidentally being on the Sean Taylor #21 at FedEx Field. We were directed to stand in that area and I meant absolutely no disrespect to him or his family".

I can believe he meant no disrespect to Taylor and his family but......
"Accidentally?" I'm sure he was "directed to stand in that AREA" but if the logo was "roped" (looked like chained) off, why would a person with a brain think that was?
He isn't sorry for what he did because he did exactly what he was told to do, which is no problem. He is just sorry that a bunch of WFT fans assumed incorrectly that the chains around the area meant that the area was not to be used and got all butthurt about Mahomes' family being there enjoying themselves. That's a "this is dumb, can we move on?" apology. He did nothing wrong at all.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:51 am
TDub wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 pm those same kids wonder why they have no jobs because they have no employable skills because they spent time watchingthis stupid ass shit instead of learning anything useful.....and think they should be paid the same as CEOs.....

and get off my lawn.
There is/are probably some valuable things posted on TikTok. Yes? No?
A woman I am friends with posted a video on Instagram last night of her baking something. I assume it was "educational" and "useful" being that it was pretty much step by step.

Of course I'm an old man who doesn't "get" a lot of things. Thus, the reason why I asked about Jackson Mahomes.
I am sure there is some quality content somewhere on the app just as there is on every app. But I would bet that you and I would find 90+% of the content on there to be childish nonsense of no value whatsoever other than the temporary entertainment of some kids.
Deleted User 887

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 am
NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 am Right on cue.... Jackson Mahomes apologized.
At what point does a person wake up and realize the more you apologize it means you keep fucking up and less people are going to respect and believe you?

"Accidentally?" I'm sure he was "directed to stand in that AREA" but if the logo was "roped" (looked like chained) off, why would a person with a brain think that was?
He isn't sorry for what he did because he did exactly what he was told to do, which is no problem. He is just sorry that a bunch of WFT fans assumed incorrectly that the chains around the area meant that the area was not to be used and got all butthurt about Mahomes' family being there enjoying themselves. That's a "this is dumb, can we move on?" apology. He did nothing wrong at all.
I edited my post (that you quoted) because you seem to be 100% correct and I stand corrected.
Seems this should be on the WFT and FedEx Field Security and perhaps they should come out with a statement saying they fucked up.

https://twitter.com/tonydemarco_vet/sta ... 0457105408
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:37 am
Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:53 pm Can/will someone please explain to me how/why Jackson Mahomes is a TikTok personality that ANYone would give a shit about in a positive way/manner?
Is it just me who feels he's a bitch who deserves to get his ass handed to him?
You seem to be equal parts jealous AND way too much time to think aboit it.
You "seem" to be a/an___________. Amiright?

Since it seems you might actually care (being that you felt the need to make an assumption about me and share it on here) I'm going to clarify things for you.
1. I don't have a TikTok account nor do I use/view TikTok videos unless they are sent to me and/or I see them shared on a different source of "social media. TikTok or not, the only thing I am jealous of Jackson Mahomes about is that he gets free NFL tickets and access to things I might enjoy.
2. "Way too much time to think about it"? I thought about it for maybe 10 seconds after I viewed what he did in Landover yesterday and came to the conclusion that I feel the guy is/was a douche bag for his actions and wondered why/how anyone would like the guy and/or enjoy what he posts on TikTok.
Maybe don't spend your life hovering over social media and police scanners?

Get out, see some things.

Overall, you seem to be the saddest, most self loathing person on this board.

Life is short brother, shorter for some than others.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:13 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 am

I edited my post (that you quoted) because you seem to be 100% correct and I stand corrected.
Seems this should be on the WFT and FedEx Field Security and perhaps they should come out with a statement saying they fucked up.

https://twitter.com/tonydemarco_vet/sta ... 0457105408
No one fucked up except for the idiot fans who were looking to be outraged over something they didn't understand. Incorrect assumptions were made and social media provided them a platform to share their uneducated outrage so everyone could see how dumb they are. And as is usual with idiots like this, when presented with information that shows that they were wrong, they chose to double down and confirm their stupidity by trying to make it into some sort of "disrespect" by Jackson Mahomes for posting a Tic Tok video from there.

God forbid someone just say "I assumed that those chains were there to keep people off of Taylor's number but it turns out I was wrong." The horror of admitting to a mistake.
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:14 am
NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:37 am
Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 pm

You seem to be equal parts jealous AND way too much time to think aboit it.
You "seem" to be a/an___________. Amiright?

Since it seems you might actually care (being that you felt the need to make an assumption about me and share it on here) I'm going to clarify things for you.
1. I don't have a TikTok account nor do I use/view TikTok videos unless they are sent to me and/or I see them shared on a different source of "social media. TikTok or not, the only thing I am jealous of Jackson Mahomes about is that he gets free NFL tickets and access to things I might enjoy.
2. "Way too much time to think about it"? I thought about it for maybe 10 seconds after I viewed what he did in Landover yesterday and came to the conclusion that I feel the guy is/was a douche bag for his actions and wondered why/how anyone would like the guy and/or enjoy what he posts on TikTok.
Maybe don't spend your life hovering over social media and police scanners?

Get out, see some things.

Overall, you seem to be the saddest, most self loathing person on this board.

Life is short brother, shorter for some than others.
99% of the time I believe you are a sincere person with no malice. I appreciate that about you.

Yes, I spend a very small portion of my life on social media and police scanners.
A lot less than many (if not most) people but probably too much for my own good.

I get out and see things. Yesterday I chose to watch the Bears game and Sky game at home. Before the games I was "out" and after the games I was "out" but no doubt it wouldn't hurt me to get "out" more.

Saddest on the board? Maybe. Yes, at times I am sad. Sometimes a healthy sad and other times not.
Plenty to be sad about in my life just as there is plenty to be happy about too. I try and balance the two.
Self loathing? Absolutely. One of my many mental weaknesses. Not everyone is strong and self confident. Thankfully I am not currently in the ugly deep dark hole I have been in the past. It's nice when people can and do recognize the strides I have made but I call a spade a spade. I am short fat bald and ugly. Those are facts. ;) I can also say positive things about myself too. At times I do that. Probably not enough.

Anyways, moving on........
A few days ago I was in the Nike store and overheard someone say they would buy a Fields jersey but they don't like the #1 on a jersey and think it looks bad.
That being said, I have wondered why Mahomes chose #15. I knew he wore #5 in college so I wondered if it was because of Starr and/or Tebow.
When I wonder, I try and learn.
“I got drafted 10th and I (wore) No. 5,” Mahomes told the Kansas City Star. “And there’s not really any other quarterbacks that have 15.” Not now, anyway. There are a few other players who wore No. 15 to some success.

Does anyone think that people wouldn't buy a Mahomes jersey ONLY because #15 isn't a popular number? I wouldn't be shocked if so.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Now that you make me think about it, jerseys with a #1 on them just feel temporary, like they are the ones given out at the draft before the player chooses their actual number. I think it's the only jersey number that has a weird feel to me but I am not a jersey guy in general.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tik Tok is largely trash entertainment and for sure, mining all that sweet sweet data, but there are some funny independent comedians doing their thing, sports commentators and highlights, appealing ladies, and interesting commentary on the social state of our country.

i.e. that's what Tik Tok has mined for me.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Jackson on social media in general, and Patrick's wife on twitter wherever his teams lose, are both super annoying. Oh well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVE7VNnoq_F ... =copy_link
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

As was Gisele in the Super Bowl like 10 or so years ago "He can't fucking throw the ball catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times" It just is what it is. It's the bad that comes with the good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I come on here to lash out at the officiating or players fucking up - but if I was a football star - or married to one ( swoon ), i'd be very careful about all things social media, internet, video etc.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Greggggggggg's wife says hi.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:46 pm Greggggggggg's wife says hi.
Oh boy does she ever.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

where’s mich with his tired posts about social media, and internet deviants and malcontents?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Brittany has long annoyed me and has felt like a ticking time bomb for some bad pub. But, like Roger Clinton, Billy Carter, Eric Trump, etc., Pat probably just has to live with his wife, bro, and mom being a handful and hope it remains mostly harmless. He and his team seem smart enough to know when to step in.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

She's a mildly trashy Texan who seems to be a bit loud and annoying, especially after a few drinks. Her husband's status or money isn't going to change that. It's fine, she seems harmless. I wouldn't want to sit and have a few too many drinks with her (or even around her) or my ears would probably bleed. I have a difficult time with loud, high pitched noises and loud, screetchy female voices make me wince in discomfort. I recognize it as an issue and avoid that when I can.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

She is also 26 yrs old. Jackson is 21. They act age accordingly to me. The outlier here is that their soon to be husband / baby daddy and older brother is arguably the face of the NFL and one of the most recognizable athletes in general.
You can have your opinions and do whatever kind of social media engagement you want to do but when it starts to hurt the brand that is when you have to draw the line.
Holidaysmore - 2005