Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: Mahomie

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:30 pm Has Mahomies mom always gotten in on the twitter fun or is this new?

https://twitter.com/tootgail/status/144 ... 70660?s=20

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/10/ ... G_nDS1sZZ8
Always is a strong word.
I don't follow her but in looking at her tweets it appears she's another hypocritical religious _________ (zealot?).
I don't know what they are but there are reasons why she is divorced.
That being said, it's hard to fault a mother who is passionate about her son and his job.
Until she embarrasses herself, her son, and his team, if/when she does as such.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This is arguably the only controllable crack the armor he'll need to get from where he is to co-GOAT status. His people absolutely need to get ahead of all of this.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:27 am This is arguably the only controllable crack the armor he'll need to get from where he is to co-GOAT status. His people absolutely need to get ahead of all of this.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/v ... e/dir/desc

( unless you mean, by controllable, you are speaking specifically about what Mahomes can do )
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:27 am This is arguably the only controllable crack the armor he'll need to get from where he is to co-GOAT status. His people absolutely need to get ahead of all of this.
Brady left his pregnant girlfriend for a Brazilian supermodel and that supermodel became his wife who flamed his teammates for dropping passes and Brady is still the GOAT so Mahomes' family isn't going to stand in the way of anything. If Mahomes passes Brady in SB wins and continues his statistical assault on the record books then he will be the GOAT. If he doesn't, then he won't. Period. Brady fans as well as fans of another rival QB/team will always drag out the family stuff as their reason he isn't but who cares.

Most Mahomes/KC fans just want it to stop so they don't have to hear about it or defend it on social media.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Serious question. How much can/does Mahomes control his MVP status?
Right or wrong, until he wins more than 1 MVP award, he's probably not going to go down in history as the GOAT or even GOAT consideration.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 am
https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/v ... e/dir/desc

( unless you mean, by controllable, you are speaking specifically about what Mahomes can do )
Correct - I meant things entirely under his control. Like talent (already fully-baked), work ethic (seems great?), physical shape (seems great?), mental care (black box, but no known issues), character generally (you never know, but no known red flags).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:34 am
Brady left his pregnant girlfriend for a Brazilian supermodel and that supermodel became his wife who flamed his teammates for dropping passes and Brady is still the GOAT so Mahomes' family isn't going to stand in the way of anything. If Mahomes passes Brady in SB wins and continues his statistical assault on the record books then he will be the GOAT. If he doesn't, then he won't. Period. Brady fans as well as fans of another rival QB/team will always drag out the family stuff as their reason he isn't but who cares.

Most Mahomes/KC fans just want it to stop so they don't have to hear about it or defend it on social media.
I think the point is that Mahomes Inc. is a very well oil machined except for one thing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:48 am

I think the point is that Mahomes Inc. is a very well oil machined except for one thing.
And my point is that that "one thing" will not factor into his GOAT status at all in my opinion. His accomplishments on the field will define it entirely.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 am Serious question. How much can/does Mahomes control his MVP status?
Right or wrong, until he wins more than 1 MVP award, he's probably not going to go down in history as the GOAT or even GOAT consideration.
You are correct that if Mahomes fails to win any more than 1 Super Bowl or 1 MVP that he will not pass 7 time Super Bowl winner and 3 time MVP winner Tom Brady as the GOAT.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 am

And my point is that that "one thing" will not factor into his GOAT status at all in my opinion. His accomplishments on the field will define it entirely.
Sure, and no one is predicting it, but it seems the only thing that could derail the train of on-field excellence is personal life stuff, because all else is in great shape.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:18 am

Sure, and no one is predicting it, but it seems the only thing that could derail the train of on-field excellence is personal life stuff, because all else is in great shape.
That's what I mean. It's not that personal things will taint his perception as co-GOAT. It's that they will derail him on the path there.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:24 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:18 am
That's what I mean. It's not that personal things will taint his perception as co-GOAT. It's that they will derail him on the path there.
He's had these same people in his life for a very long time and is still doing pretty good so I feel confident that he'll be able to deal with them fine. If he can stay healthy and the organization can continue to keep him protected and with elite playmakers to get the ball to then he should continue his path. The Super Bowl stuff is totally dependent on a huge amount of other stuff so who knows.

My biggest concern is that Andy Reid is A) 63 and B) not the healthiest body walking the earth. I worry what happens to Mahomes when Reid is no longer his HC. The hire after Reid will impact his legacy way more than his wife, Mom and brother's off the field antics. Belichik was only in his late 40s when Tom Brady became his QB so Brady was able to spend 20 years of his career with an all time great HC.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish used the word "controllable." Mahomes can't handpick the new coach himself.

You raise a good point though about wife, bro, mom being in his life for a long time, though. However, this life is very new to them, and apparently it hasn't been handled gracefully.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

get rid of social media and does anyone know or care who they are or what they say? God I hate social media and the world of false importance it creates
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 am jfish used the word "controllable." Mahomes can't handpick the new coach himself.

You raise a good point though about wife, bro, mom being in his life for a long time, though. However, this life is very new to them, and apparently it hasn't been handled gracefully.
Meh, we tend to think social media faux outrage is important to athletes when it seems to not really be the case except for an overly sensitive few (Durant etc...).

And I doubt he has any more "control" over his religious Mom, his tacky wife or his flaky brother than he has over who will be his next coach.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:01 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 am jfish used the word "controllable." Mahomes can't handpick the new coach himself.

Meh, we tend to think social media faux outrage is important to athletes when it seems to not really be the case except for an overly sensitive few (Durant etc...).

And I doubt he has any more "control" over his religious Mom, his tacky wife or his flaky brother than he has over who will be his next coach.
I think you're making much more out of these comments than what they are. Mahomes is a billion dollar entity. This part of that entity isn't great. It's the only part that is not. Seems weird to suggest otherwise. But, no one is predicting that part is definitely going to or even likely to kill that entity.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Fair enough. I am mostly just bored at work waiting for other people to fix their stuff so I can do my stuff.

I just hope he stays healthy and that the Chiefs keep fielding a highly competitive team around him. This era of Chiefs football is way more enjoyable than the steaming pile of shit we had there for a while.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Right; I don't think you have nearly the same 'circle' concerns when you're a 3* QB out of high school, or frankly even a first round pick in the NFL.

Things are just different when you're ascending to the Tiger/LeBron stature (and wealth).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Tangent, but compare this baggage for Mahomes to Deshaun Watson's. :shock: