pdub
Site Admin

Ochai Agbaji

Post by pdub »

ousdahl

Re: Ochai Agbaji

Post by ousdahl »

that was so rad.

good for Och for executing! And good for Bill for that sly mf'ing lob right out the gate.

(how often does Self run a play for a freshman like that? If Och had bobbled it, does coach sit the kid the next 3 games like he's done to so many other freshmen?)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Not after pulling his redshirt. Bill wasn't gonna listen to a bunch of questions about why he pulled it just for 5 minutes of game time. It's a big decision that was made in response to what he saw in practice from Agbaji and others.

Moore is gonna be taking summer classes trying to be eligible for a grad transfer season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Grimes getting into foul trouble had something to do with it but Ochai got 25 minutes in his first game.

Under/over on Ochai's season average is set at 22.5.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

speculation?

(re: Moore)
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Like someone said yesterday when I brought up possible force outs (mutually agreed upon of course)....unless we get some recruits, we aren't going to have the luxury of forcing out a guy like Moore. We may have to heavily depend upon him next year.....and it could be disastrous if Dotson gets it in his mind he's ready to stop playing for free. We REALLY need Dotson next year.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Graduating as a redshirt sophomore from Chicago thru Cal would be the most impressive play this team could produce.
I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:06 am I think Grimes getting into foul trouble had something to do with it but Ochai got 25 minutes in his first game.

Under/over on Ochai's season average is set at 22.5.

Self planned on the minutes. Said it for the last two days. I think Grimes foul trouble opened the opportunity and justification. But clearly Ochais work at practice and play of the court are the real answer we are attempting to make excuses for.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Soklous wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 am Graduating as a redshirt sophomore from Chicago thru Cal would be the most impressive play this team could produce.
LOL no doubt
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 am
Soklous wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 am Graduating as a redshirt sophomore from Chicago thru Cal would be the most impressive play this team could produce.
LOL no doubt
It's entirely possible for a student athlete to graduate in 3 years b/c they're always taking summer classes and have tutors that [do all the work for] help them.

That said, I just cant see Moore being forced out of here. We're too new next year.
Deleted User 75

Here's who I'd be playing if I were Self moving forward

Dotson as much as possible. When he's out MG takes over PG.

Dedric as much as possible. When he's out DMac comes in.

Vick/Grimes/Ochai at least 2 of these 3 on the court at all times.

Mitch and KJ as needed, but never have Mitch is as the lone big unless match up really dictates it (similar to last night, I realize why we went with Mitch over DMac).

So basically no Moore anyMoore. Sorry. He's just not very good at anything compared to the other pieces....

and I actually thought KJ did a decent job guarding guards on switches last night. He also looks better when he's in there with his brother...so maybe let those 2 be together at times when possible/needed.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 am
LOL no doubt
It's entirely possible for a student athlete to graduate in 3 years b/c they're always taking summer classes and have tutors that [do all the work for] help them.
Possible, maybe....but not if you're only taking 2 or 3 classes a semester, plus a summer course or 2 to stay at the bare minimum of hours required.

I have no idea what kind of student Moore is. Maybe he's a Tyrel Reed/Perry Ellis type....but maybe not.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Back to Ochai: I said when this kid committed that he would end up being most fans' favorite player. He's having the time of his life. Most players don't come in here starry-eyed and loving Kansas basketball. Ochai does.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 am

LOL no doubt
Possible, maybe....but not if you're only taking 2 or 3 classes a semester, plus a summer course or 2 to stay at the bare minimum of hours required.

I have no idea what kind of student Moore is. Maybe he's a Tyrel Reed/Perry Ellis type....but maybe not.
They're all taking at least 12 hours. That's mandated by their scholarships early on. A lot of student athletes graduate in 3 b/c of the advantages I mentioned.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:20 am Like someone said yesterday when I brought up possible force outs (mutually agreed upon of course)....unless we get some recruits, we aren't going to have the luxury of forcing out a guy like Moore. We may have to heavily depend upon him next year.....and it could be disastrous if Dotson gets it in his mind he's ready to stop playing for free. We REALLY need Dotson next year.
This. The only commits right now are 2 unrated guys. And there aren't any high level PG's currently "interested" in KU, according to Rivals and ESPN.

Right now, I would say there's a good chance either one, my guess would be both, of Dotson or Grimes will be back to run the point next year.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

LOL no doubt

That said, I just cant see Moore being forced out of here. We're too new next year.
I’m aware of tutors and treatment of athletes. He doesn’t line up with that focused path.

Plus, ignoring the fact Moore is still an undecided major.
I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 am Back to Ochai: I said when this kid committed that he would end up being most fans' favorite player. He's having the time of his life. Most players don't come in here starry-eyed and loving Kansas basketball. Ochai does.
LIGHTFOOT!!!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ochai is impressive in his debut. Moore.....is....dissapointing
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 am Back to Ochai: I said when this kid committed that he would end up being most fans' favorite player. He's having the time of his life. Most players don't come in here starry-eyed and loving Kansas basketball. Ochai does.
He's got a little Ben to him, mien-wise.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He'll be like if Ben stayed more than one year!