Deleted User 863

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Spoiler Alert: KU grad Gary Woodland doning good today, within 4, oops, now 5, of the lead.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

this thread has inspired me to pick my clubs back up.....

clean under them, and move them farther back in the shop, and set them back down.

maybe ill get a round in this year. its only been....6? years since my last trek around the greens. But then ill also have to dust off my finest pair of camo cargo shorts.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

It's been such a mild winter here that we have golfed 3-5 times per week for every week other than 1 so far this year. We hold a 6 or 7 day cold spell and some snow that wouldn't melt that week. Other than that the weather has been awesome all winter.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Tiger in the news. For the wrong reason/s. Again.
Best thing the guy could do for himself would be to turn/go gay. Cleary he has a problem with women.
Anyone/everyone could see this coming.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/35 ... da-dispute
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

?????
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Meh. Angry gf got dumped and now wants money. Shocker.

Not really sure how this is bad on Tiger for making girlfriends sign NDAs? She didn't have to sign it. And no clue how any of the things he has ever done would make him gay?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"Bad on Tiger" for making a poor girlfriend choice.
She did have to sign it - if she wanted to reap the rewards of dating Tiger Woods.
Nothing he has done would "make him" gay. All the woman headaches he's had to deal with (some/many HIS fault, some/many NOT his fault) was what made me say something intended to be facetious.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Deleted User 863

My dad's best friend has played The Grove 23 on a day when MJ was there. They were in a 4some, and MJs 6some of guys all in their own cart was playing so fast that they caught up to them. So they stopped on the next tee and let them play through.

He said MJ was nice, said whats up, but was definitely focused on the golf, so there wasn't much chit chat. Then after the round, MJs group played another 9, his group came in after finishing up, MJ walks in smoking a cigar and sits down at the bar near them. Said he was super nice. But obviously you can't fanboy it up at an exclusive club like that, so no pictures or anything. Just small talk.

They bring food and drinks to the groups via drones (not all the time).

Also, the course isn't that nice by exclusive course standards my Dad's friend said. For reference this friend owns an apartment that overlooks St. Andrews, and has played some of the most exclusive courses in the world. He is a member at several clubs overseas simply to try to meet the right people so that he can be invited to join Augusta before he dies. He lived in Atlanta for much of his life, so that's his bucket list course to join (like the rest of us). Not sure if it'll happen. You can't buy your way into Augusta. You've got to become friends with the right members.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:21 am My dad's best friend has played The Grove 23 on a day when MJ was there. They were in a 4some, and MJs 6some of guys all in their own cart was playing so fast that they caught up to them. So they stopped on the next tee and let them play through.

He said MJ was nice, said whats up, but was definitely focused on the golf, so there wasn't much chit chat. Then after the round, MJs group played another 9, his group came in after finishing up, MJ walks in smoking a cigar and sits down at the bar near them. Said he was super nice. But obviously you can't fanboy it up at an exclusive club like that, so no pictures or anything. Just small talk.

They bring food and drinks to the groups via drones (not all the time).

Also, the course isn't that nice by exclusive course standards my Dad's friend said. For reference this friend owns an apartment that overlooks St. Andrews, and has played some of the most exclusive courses in the world. He is a member at several clubs overseas simply to try to meet the right people so that he can be invited to join Augusta before he dies. He lived in Atlanta for much of his life, so that's his bucket list course to join (like the rest of us). Not sure if it'll happen. You can't buy your way into Augusta. You've got to become friends with the right members.
I played behind MJ and Charles Oakley at TPC Summerlin in Vegas maybe 10-12 years ago. They were playing $20,000 skins. Right out of the "how pro athletes go broke" playbook (Oak, obviously, not MJ).
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

*commercial break*

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoIwB2DD ... JmNzVkMjY=

*Commercial break*
Deleted User 863

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:49 am *commercial break*

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoIwB2DD ... JmNzVkMjY=

*Commercial break*
🤣🤣🤣
Deleted User 863

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Gary Woodland could finish top 5.

Something about a big Easter meal, spring weather and the Masters ( the only golf event I annually watch ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

LOL. Pdub beat me to it. I started to post.......
I guess no one else cares about the Masters. Or at least doesn't feel a need to post anything.

I'm not at all happy about this......
Finau shot a 69 in the first round and I thought I had a chance.

Active
3 Leg Parlay
+10820
Scottie Scheffler Top 5, Tony Finau Top 5, Brooks Koepka Top 5
Scottie Scheffler
+160
TOP 5
Top 5
APR 6, 7:00AM CT
Tony Finau
+460
TOP 5
Top 5
Brooks Koepka
+650
TOP 5
Top 5
$2.50
TOTAL WAGER
$273.00
TOTAL PAYOUT
Cash out unavailable
BET ID: O/0257080/0000370
PLACED: 4/4/2023 9:11AM CT

3 Leg Parlay
+2145
Scottie Scheffler Top 10, Tony Finau Top 10, Brooks Koepka Top 10
Scottie Scheffler
TOP 10
Top 10
Tony Finau
+200
TOP 10
Top 10
Brooks Koepka
+330
TOP 10
Top 10
$2.50
TOTAL WAGER
$56.14
TOTAL PAYOUT
Cash out unavailable
BET ID: O/0257080/0000371
PLACED: 4/4/2023 9:14AM CT

Anyways........

https://twitter.com/wmwhitecaps/status/ ... 2781459457
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Are we rooting for Rahm to loose a couple strokes and tie Phil?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:00 pm Are we rooting for Rahm to loose a couple strokes and tie Phil?
Absolutely. If nothing else, for the comedy of Phil having to come out after three hours and potentially a few cocktails.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ball game