THE Golf Thread

Other Sports.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:39 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:04 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 am Here today. Should be a good time
Going tomorrow. Obviously the big question is if Tiger will also be going.
Enjoy it? It was a blast for me. Got a good video of Tiger and his group up close on hole 6 and then saw JT and DJ up close hitting driver on hole 2. Lots of fun. Was warm for us on Friday when the wind died down.
Yes, had a good time. Glad I went. Seeing Tiger in a major is obviously bucket list. Feel so badly for Mito--I came away rooting for him.

Weather was terrible on Saturday. Other than the Masters, if I ever go to another golf tournament, I will make sure and get suite tickets.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Anyone else checking this out this morning?

https://youtu.be/-exyLWw5pq8
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:20 am Anyone else checking this out this morning?

I will. But not much interest. Not enough good players. Couldn't care less about them forming "teams" with goofy names.
UnholyLivingDead

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:27 am
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:20 am Anyone else checking this out this morning?

I will. But not much interest. Not enough good players. Couldn't care less about them forming "teams" with goofy names.
The team names and logos are flat-out bad, no doubt about it. I'm curious to see it as it gets started and they add more of the big names that are rumored to be making the switch.
Deleted User 863

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:29 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:27 am

The team names and logos are flat-out bad, no doubt about it. I'm curious to see it as it gets started and they add more of the big names that are rumored to be making the switch.
Things I like:

shotgun start so that I can watch the entire round for everyone without sitting in front of a TV for 10hours like PGA events.

Players can wear shorts like normal people.

Edit: apparently they can't wear shorts.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnholyLivingDead

Right on time, the PGA Tour hands down suspensions for all members playing this week and to anyone who plays in future events.

https://twitter.com/eamonlynch/status/1 ... 8407950336
Deleted User 863

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:04 am Right on time, the PGA Tour hands down suspensions for all members playing this week and to anyone who plays in future events.

https://twitter.com/eamonlynch/status/1 ... 8407950336
Exactly why DJ and some of the others resigned. They knew what was coming.

So dumb. PGA Tour doing their best NCAA impression. Thinking they own the players.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

The thing I'm curious about watching is how the "team" aspect effects guys who are 7, 8, 9 shots back during the final round.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Golf is just the feel good sport we all need right now.

Blech.
UnholyLivingDead

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:31 am The thing I'm curious about watching is how the "team" aspect effects guys who are 7, 8, 9 shots back during the final round.
If I understand it right, the team scoring goes like this:

Rounds 1 & 2 - lowest 2 scores count
Round 3 - lowest 3 scores count

So there's at least some incentive to try and go low every day, unless you're the 4th guy on the team that knows he's not going to count I guess, ha.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I love Golf, but I’m usually only interested in the Majors and the Players Championship so this LIV series doesn’t interest me even if it had all the best players. I’m fine with the PGA Tour banning players. It’s their league, they can do what they want. Any other professional league would do the same thing is the Saudi’s tried to steal their players and market share.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:31 am The thing I'm curious about watching is how the "team" aspect effects guys who are 7, 8, 9 shots back during the final round.
If I understand it right, the team scoring goes like this:

Rounds 1 & 2 - lowest 2 scores count
Round 3 - lowest 3 scores count

So there's at least some incentive to try and go low every day, unless you're the 4th guy on the team that knows he's not going to count I guess, ha.
That's my understanding too. That, and as it gets going, and they anticipate more players joining, there becomes some incentive to play well or you might not make the next field. There's no cut, but my understanding is that each event the teams are "redrafted". With guys like Bryson and Fatty Reed joining later, along with Rickie it sounds like, that's at least 3 guys who are in this week's field that won't be once those guys join.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

US Open...

Really cool course. I think it's actually a mixture of their courses or they at least route the players differently than how the members play it.

All the talk is about the LIV Tour guys.

I think this tournament comes down to Rory and JT. They are on a mission to give a big fuck you to the LIV Tour.

Other notables I like on this course (not necessarily to win):

Sam Burns-playing well
Tony Finau-playing well
Corey Conners-insanely good ball striking

Cantlay could be dangerous here. Mixed bag performance wise this season. But played well in 2 of his last 3 or 4 events.

Xander doesn't seem to be able to actually win these types of events, but he does contend regularly in the majors.

Speith. Who knows. Should be a good set up for him. But he's still a little bit of a headcase.

Patrick Reed has been sucking, but he's a big enough douchebag that maybe he'll win it and then wave a big fuck you the PGA Tour/Jay Monaghan on the way to the LIV Tour.

I expect some rude crowd interaction with the LIV players.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Go Nick Hardy!
FYI, he has Jayhawk blood in him.
His mother is/was a Jayhawk in the mid 80s.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Rory or Dahmen for me
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:59 pm Rory or Dahmen for me
Rory is in a good spot.

So are Morikawa, Rahm, and Scheffler. Xander even.

I really am shocked by Morikawa and Rahm because the last few months they have been off. Scheffler hit a little lul after the Masters too. Xander hasn't won a full field event in years.

Let's go Rory!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Today has the potential to be one of the greatest Sunday’s in US Open history. So many good storylines.

Hoping Rory and Rahm shoot 2 or 3 under on the front 9
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:25 am Today has the potential to be one of the greatest Sunday’s in US Open history. So many good storylines.
I thought so too.

Unfortunately it's been kind of "blah".

Scheffler and Fitzpatrick both steady. Everyone else a little erratic.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

It's Zalatoris' to lose at this point. Lots of shitting of the pants to start the back 9.