RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

If this guy.....

married this guy......

and they had a kid.....

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

The Saudi golf league got their 1st 4 "big"(ish) names to commit...

Lee Westwood
Ian Poulter
Bubba Watson
Kevin Na

Once some of these other pros see the money these guys are winning I expect more defections. Not the top guys who compete regularly for majors, but the 30-100ish ranked guys in the world will have trouble passing up the giant purses these tournaments will have.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Washed
Washed
Interesting
Average
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:44 am Washed
Washed
Interesting
Average
I am surprised Bubba went for the money. Guess being excluded from Ryder Cup stuff was enough for him to forgo any chance at inclusion as an assistant captain in the future (which was probably a long shot anyway). And The Masters won't hold any vendetta against him for the move so he will still get to do that each year.

The Mickelson camp has been awfully quiet. Have to imagine there is some stuff going on behind the scenes. He's going to play somewhere and there are rumors he's suspended from the PGA Tour until he tucks tail and apologizes to them, which I don't think he will do (at least not to their liking).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Heading down to the PGA this week. Couldn't be more pumped to watch it. Never have seen Tiger or any other top golfers in person so it should be a great time.

30% of rain in the afternoon in the day that I am down there, but still should be some great weather. Thursday a bit toasty in low 90 and Friday in the mid 80s but the weekend is going to be in the 70s. Just wonderful weather.

Going to follow Tiger for a few holes at minimum. Want to watch Morikawa, Spieth, DJ and of course Gary.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:20 am Heading down to the PGA this week. Couldn't be more pumped to watch it. Never have seen Tiger or any other top golfers in person so it should be a great time.

30% of rain in the afternoon in the day that I am down there, but still should be some great weather. Thursday a bit toasty in low 90 and Friday in the mid 80s but the weekend is going to be in the 70s. Just wonderful weather.

Going to follow Tiger for a few holes at minimum. Want to watch Morikawa, Spieth, DJ and of course Gary.
I am sure you know this, but if you want to see/follow Tiger it's best to start a few holes ahead of him. Get there before he's close, find a spot, watch the other guys go thru, then watch him. Then skip ahead a few holes and repeat. If you try to just straight up follow him it'll be nearly impossible to see anything since they'll be stacked 30 people deep all day.

Tbh, a little bad weather the day you're there would be the worst thing. It'll thin the crowd and you'll get better views. Course is hilly so should be some good spots to get good views rather than flat courses where unless you're first few rows you can't see shit.
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:20 am

Woods is paired with Rory and Speith. They start on #10 at 9:11 ET Thursday. #1 2:36 Friday.

Crowds following that group will be absolutely insane! You're going to have a blast. Atmosphere will be bonkers.

Beers cost $15+ i saw. Highway robbery.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I get free food and non alcoholic drinks with the ticket. I’ll probably pass on the alcohol. And just enjoy it all without spending that much.

Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:13 pm I get free food and non alcoholic drinks with the ticket. I’ll probably pass on the alcohol. And just enjoy it all without spending that much.
Never been my thing either. Slamming beers and walking hilly golf courses in summer isn't all that appealing. I usually don't eat much tbh. A few bottles of water and hike around. Especially when Tiger is there, you have to speed walk/jog, if not full on run, to get to where you need to be to actually see the action.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:20 am Heading down to the PGA this week. Couldn't be more pumped to watch it. Never have seen Tiger or any other top golfers in person so it should be a great time.

What day/s are you going? Decent chance you may not see him if Saturday/Sunday.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Here today. Should be a good time

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:29 am Here today. Should be a good time
Going tomorrow. Obviously the big question is if Tiger will also be going.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Enjoy!

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:04 am

Deleted User 863

He battled today. Hopefully he can get some momentum tomorrow. Glad he made the cut. Late in round 1 it looked like he had no chance.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Enjoy it? It was a blast for me. Got a good video of Tiger and his group up close on hole 6 and then saw JT and DJ up close hitting driver on hole 2. Lots of fun. Was warm for us on Friday when the wind died down.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Nice gag on 18 by Pereira.

Hopefully a Thomas W pays for my pizza dinner.

Justin Thomas
USPGA Championship 2022 - Winner
May 18, 2022, 6:23:25PM
DK637885130048658889
Wager:
$3.00
To Pay: $57.00
Justin Thomas
USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2022 - WINNER
PGA Championship 2022 (5/19 6:58 a.m.)
+1800
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Winna winna pizza dinna.