THE Golf Thread

Other Sports.
TDub
Contributor

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by TDub »

It was rainy, we were racing i couldn't make the turn past thw other guy in the wet grass, wheels were turned cart went straight. The bridge abutment ended up inches between me and the other guy in the cart. Coulda been ugly
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cost me $150 bucks. But fir my honesty (was pretty obvious but whatever) i got a $100 gift card to the course
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Anyone watching this glimpse of live sports in the rain?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Guess not.
Peyton and Tiger win.
Shoulda made the QBs take the short putts.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

It was great watching an actual sporting contest.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

That was so much more entertaining than the Rory DJ Rickie Wolff match.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Geezer wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 pm It was great watching an actual sporting contest.
PBR is back on
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I get why Tiger and Phil could defer on the short putts to finish the hole but the QBs shoulda had to make em just to make things more interesting.

Brady was getting pretty angry at points—woulda been great to see him flip from missing a two foot putt.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am I get why Tiger and Phil could defer on the short putts to finish the hole but the QBs shoulda had to make em just to make things more interesting.

Brady was getting pretty angry at points—woulda been great to see him flip from missing a two foot putt.
Ya. That was the biggest cirle of friendship I've ever seen....i think part of it was wanting to protect the QBs from embarrassment, part was wanting the matches to go as many holes as possible, and part was also probably wanting to get the thing over with because it was raining hard and windy as shit.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

No reason to be an asshole at a charity event.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:23 am That was so much more entertaining than the Rory DJ Rickie Wolff match.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't watch that for long, at all.

They need to add Charles Barkley to their weekly golf broadcasts.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 310

Feral wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:08 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:23 am That was so much more entertaining than the Rory DJ Rickie Wolff match.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't watch that for long, at all.

They need to add Charles Barkley to their weekly golf broadcasts.
Ya. Charles is hilarious.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:21 pm
pdub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 am I get why Tiger and Phil could defer on the short putts to finish the hole but the QBs shoulda had to make em just to make things more interesting.

Ya. That was the biggest cirle of friendship I've ever seen....i think part of it was wanting to protect the QBs from embarrassment, part was wanting the matches to go as many holes as possible, and part was also probably wanting to get the thing over with because it was raining hard and windy as shit.

It was also dark outside.
Deleted User 310

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:48 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:21 pm

It was also dark outside.
Ya that too. It's crazy how much brighter it seems on TV.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Ya I don't envision the scooters catching on in large scale. Some courses have a few. Cool, I'd definitely ride 1 if it didn't cost more. But courses that have lots of hills or steep winding cart paths cant use these because people would get hurt.

Now, if you tell me that traditional 4 wheel golf carts will be made smaller and only have 1 rider then I could envision it.

Personally, so far I love single rider rules. It increases the pace of play tremendously. A week or so ago, a few days before 4somes were allowed in IL, me and another buddy (both low single digit handicaps) teed off at 7:15am and played 27 holes in 3ish hours. I was in the car heading to the office by 10:30.

Hell, after going to the office for a few hours, I met back up with him and some other buddies at a different local course that was breaking the rules and letting 4somes out a few days before it was officially allowed and played another 36 holes and was home before 6:30. 63 holes in 1 day would be hard to accomplish sharing carts, but i did it with time to spare to run into the office and be home in time to cook steaks for dinner. LOL.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If you have kids your wife is a saint.

Where does my beer go in a scooter? Im not golfing without beer, not now, not now that i suck at golf and never get enough time to do it. If i go,im drinkin at least a couple dammit
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:54 am If you have kids your wife is a saint.

Where does my beer go in a scooter? Im not golfing without beer, not now, not now that i suck at golf and never get enough time to do it. If i go,im drinkin at least a couple dammit
The picture on the article shows coolers directly behind the seats. I imagine it'll be the typical golf course cooler. Fit maybe 6 or so in there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:54 am If you have kids your wife is a saint.

The picture on the article shows coolers directly behind the seats. I imagine it'll be the typical golf course cooler. Fit maybe 6 or so in there.
Yea saw that. But if i need two hands to drive the scooter that makes drinking and driving hard
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah to be fair, golf courses might want people to not drink and drive on the course. Be engaged when driving. No phones or hammering beers. Can drink on the tee or whatever, but when actually driving on the course, you are engaged as you can possibly be.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG