THE Golf Thread

Other Sports.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Phil the thrill went up a hill.... and bet a bill/ion.

https://www.yardbarker.com/golf/article ... loc=left_h
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Lucas Glover. WTF? Can't he change his pants?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm not a golfer. Wish I was. If I was, I would consider buying these that release at 9:00am Central time.

https://www.nike.com/w?q=eastside%20golf&vst=East
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'm not that avid a golf fan in terms of watching it weekly on TV, or following it closely, but I nearly always check to see if former JayHawk and 2019 US Open winner Gary Woodland has made the cut, and is high on the leaderboard.

After not seeing Woodland's name among the contestants for months, I learned Tuesday night during the UK game that he had a "brain lesion" removed from his brain surgically in mid-September. Then today, I saw this:

Gary Woodland is back on the range after having brain surgery in September. You LOVE to see it!

I looked but couldn't find exactly what was removed from his brain, but I have to think, and certainly hope, it was a meningioma:

meningioma: A usually noncancerous tumor that arises from the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord.

In addition to usually being benign and not cancerous, meningiomas are generally located on the surface of the brain, which means they are much easier to remove, (I use the word "easier" rather loosely), than the vast majority of other brain tumors, and are sometimes not removed until they grow large enough to become a "space-occupying lesion" large enough, to cause symptoms based on the pressure they generate due to their increasing volume.

I'm eager to see Gary's name on the qualifier's list very, very soon. In fact, while looking for details about his tumor, I read that he already has a very busy schedule lined up for 2024.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Chuck Woods....
I like and admire his confidence. I don't like his arrogance and cockiness.
I like that he has some of his father's traits. I don't like that he has some of his father's traits.
I like that he and Tiger come off as being really close. I don't like that it comes off as them thriving on being younger (Tiger) and older (Charlie) than they are. Sort of like two college buddies and their need to display their man cards. I wouldn't tell anyone how to raise their child other than to tell them to try their best to raise a good person. My hope is Charlie is a good person but let's be honest, his father at times is/was not a good person. I hope it's a learn from my mistakes and weaknesses and learn from my successes and strengths relationship. Hey, none of us are without faults but our faults aren't magnified to the degree of Tiger's (and now Charlie's). Heck, look what I am doing here. Overanalyzing Charlie and Tiger Woods. That's on me, not them.
All that being said, if I live long enough, I will be interested to see what becomes of Chuckie Woods.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Nobody cares about golf, but an amateur just won the PGA Tour American Express. Hasn't happened (an amateur winning a PGA event) in like 30 or 40 years.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:48 pm Nobody cares about golf, but an amateur just won the PGA Tour American Express. Hasn't happened (an amateur winning a PGA event) in like 30 or 40 years.
Imagine how that would feel.
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:04 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:48 pm Nobody cares about golf, but an amateur just won the PGA Tour American Express. Hasn't happened (an amateur winning a PGA event) in like 30 or 40 years.
Imagine how that would feel.
Unreal.

So draining he withdrew from this weeks Farmers Insurance PGA event to go home and celebrate with his family and teammates in Alabama.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Hey Illy, have you been watching this?

Jordan Spieth says PIF alliance not needed after SSG-PGA Tour deal

I don't know any other details, but it would be great if the PGA doesn't have to make a deal with the devil, i.e., LIV, The Saudi Public Investment Fund.
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:33 am Hey Illy, have you been watching this?

Jordan Spieth says PIF alliance not needed after SSG-PGA Tour deal

I don't know any other details, but it would be great if the PGA doesn't have to make a deal with the devil, i.e., LIV, The Saudi Public Investment Fund.
It's all very interesting. Not sure what to think of it. So many PGA Tour guys stuck their foot in their mouth bashing the PIF....now they're all having to walk back their comments.

Either way, I think the writing is on the wall that all the tough talk from the PGA Tour about "leave and you're banned" is coming to an end and they'll all unite for at least the big events each year. Having the top players split between to totally separate tours is bad for business for all involved.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

You probably noticed they showed Woodland in the stands at the KU game today. Hope he's doing well.

After the KU game I switched to the Pebble Beach Pro-AM.

The last couple of groups are finishing in a light rain, and with another atmospheric river bearing down on the coast, they don'' think it's likely the final round will be played tomorrow.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

According to the CBS guy on the scene:

An inch of rain expected overnight, and 2-3" more during the day.

They're going to try to tee off at 7:45.

Winds tomorrow 25-35mph, with gusts 45-60.
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:57 pm According to the CBS guy on the scene:

An inch of rain expected overnight, and 2-3" more during the day.

They're going to try to tee off at 7:45.

Winds tomorrow 25-35mph, with gusts 45-60.
Totally crazy. Monday only looks slightly better and if the course takes on that much water it'll still be borderline unplayable.

Yes, cool to see Gary and Butch Harmon in the stands. What a great atmosphere for Butch to see KU in person at AFH for the first time.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

It could go in the football thread, but goddammit it's golf talk....(mahomes/kelce)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3L0i6OP1xH ... o3OThjNw==
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Only got 4-1 odds on McCarthy down 4 shots.
This is insane!
6 consecutive Birdies. 7 out of the last 8 holes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Gary Woodland was the opening clip of GMA.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor