Site Admin

Re: Top 25 polls

Post by pdub »

We were what, AP preseason 7 or 8?
Not far off.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and likely a BT injury away from being right there
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We don't blow that Texas game and the OU three pointer from the 23% shooter misses, we're 6.
Or better.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Our offense would still suck.

Gutter-meter me fuckers.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm still miffed about the AP streak ending.

Someone on Instagram pointed out that we were ranked #3, and then went 5-6 over 11 games and they dropped us out of the rankings. Meanwhile, tOSU loses 4 straight games and only drops from #4 to #9.

It's the "Bluebloods are down this year" storyline. We have to be a victim of it because we are blueblood, the writers decided.

2 years in a row. Last year we were not labeled a great team because the writers were convinced in December that there were no great teams.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The energy-free games really sucked the heart out of the season. Asterisk.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:40 pm I'm still miffed about the AP streak ending.

Someone on Instagram pointed out that we were ranked #3, and then went 5-6 over 11 games and they dropped us out of the rankings. Meanwhile, tOSU loses 4 straight games and only drops from #4 to #9.

It's the "Bluebloods are down this year" storyline. We have to be a victim of it because we are blueblood, the writers decided.

2 years in a row. Last year we were not labeled a great team because the writers were convinced in December that there were no great teams.
Yeah, I knew that storyline was gonna bite us this year.

And last year, not only were we a great team, but we were designed to be a great tournament team. I mentioned it elsewhere, but Dotson's speed, Dok's size, and Garrett's D don't get thrown off by playing in a dome, or because the other team has a 90 year old nun praying for them.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bilas has us 13 with WVU 9.

"13. Kansas Jayhawks
I admire the way Kansas has gone about this season. Early, when David McCormack was developing but not yet producing, coach Bill Self was told going small was the key to the season. He was resolute. No, the Jayhawks can go small for a different look or for stretches, but Kansas needs to play with a presence in the middle. Well, the Jayhawks have one, as McCormack has been fantastic of late. He was the best player on the floor against Baylor, and he has been one of the best interior scorers in the country since February. But offensive prowess is not part of the Kansas portfolio. In fact, Kansas can labor to score at times. The Jayhawks win with defense. They are guarding pick-and-roll more effectively and efficiently. They have become more prideful and gritty on the defensive end. Self has done one of his best coaching jobs with this group."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... basketball