Re: Puck

Post by ousdahl »

oh god damnit!

I clicked that thinking it was gonna be two girls one puck
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I get that we are saturated with fakeness when it comes to posting online/social media but as far as I know, this person didn't deserve to die, so making jokes and then doubling down on it to be cool on a kansas message bored is so very meh.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I could keep beating the same drum all day if you'd like. I have thought of many more.

I'm sure the person didn't 'deserve' to die. I don't know that i'd like to think of a situation where someone would deservedly kill someone with the blade of a skate.

No coolness attempted, btw. That's not my schtick. But you often seem to have me figured out all on your own, so keep on keeping.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Keep beating it then.
Show us all how much you don't care.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Oh, I don't care at all, really. I'm totally jaded. Of course it sucks, but poking fun shouldn't be an issue. Most care will be gone within 24 hours (or less) of hearing about it. For the record, my first response was, 'that sucks'. If you need me to show 'humanity'.

For what it's worth, I was hopeful you were no where close to where the shit in Maine went down last week. Then, when they couldn't find him, my warped little mind thought, 'I hope it's not pdub', when they ultimately find the guy and kill him or already dead.

How many mass shootings have there been this year in this country? Too many to know about all of them, for most.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think the trauma from this is not that simply that a hockey player died from some freak blade of a skate to the neck, but also that an arena full of fans saw him bleed out on the ice.

Well, that, and I never imagined I’d see two girls pass a puck between their…nm
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:06 am I get that we are saturated with fakeness when it comes to posting online/social media but as far as I know, this person didn't deserve to die, so making jokes and then doubling down on it to be cool on a kansas message bored is so very meh.
understated
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

it wasn't a joke about a hockey player's tragic death, it was a joke about two girls!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

J.R. (a guy I consider to be an old friend) on point with this analysis.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzJrSiYR ... BiNWFlZA==

Bonus.....
Only time I ever shed a tear after the Blackhawks won. Loved J.R. and I was at the game he was referring to in 1992. I felt this was for all of us Blackhawks fans. I indeed had a big smile on my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vfo5xSAnfo
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

arrested for manslaughter
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

SLC looking like it’s gonna get an NHL team, passing bills to build a stadium downtown
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:00 am SLC looking like it’s gonna get an NHL team, passing bills to build a stadium downtown
Drunk Utahns at a ______________ (fill in the blank with a crazy team name) game.
Hmmmm. Might be interesting, if not fun.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watched Minnesota high school championship tonight. The dude that has called the games for the last 60 years retired after the game. Sold out the Minnesota Wild's arena for a great game. I don't know shit about hockey, but kudos to Edina on the win.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:32 pm Watched Minnesota high school championship tonight. The dude that has called the games for the last 60 years retired after the game. Sold out the Minnesota Wild's arena for a great game. I don't know shit about hockey, but kudos to Edina on the win.
NICE
Fuck Chanhassen. :lol:

Side note.
When I was 11 or 12 years old I played in a tournament in St.Paul. Got our asses kicked. No 'ship for us.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sc just did a feature short on the “michigan”

pretty cool story
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:54 am sc just did a feature short on the “michigan”

pretty cool story
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=39940081
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

At some point you might think they wouldn't want to score any more - because all it does is prolong the game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6HxDXIP0wG ... _copy_link