KU's DeSousa SHOULD be ruled eligible but the NCAA blows....

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled eligible...

Post by ousdahl »

Well if I’m the spin doctor, then that must make you little miss can’t be wrong?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

anywho!

I kinda wanna ask when does Self leverage some media pressure on the ncaa, but I’m kind of afraid of the answer.

At this point don’t it seem likely that the ncaa is gonna say something like, oh we’re just waiting on KU to somehow provide documented evidence that disproves some payment that may have never happened in the first place?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:16 pm Well if I’m the spin doctor, then that must make you little miss can’t be wrong?
I'll be signing that song all night now.

I'm not trying to come at you in a disrespectful manner. My bad if it seemed that way.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:26 pm anywho!

I kinda wanna ask when does Self leverage some media pressure on the ncaa, but I’m kind of afraid of the answer.

At this point don’t it seem likely that the ncaa is gonna say something like, oh we’re just waiting on KU to somehow provide documented evidence that disproves some payment that may have never happened in the first place?
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what Seth Davis was used for. Little chance those leaks didn't come from our staff.

We've admitted the 1 payment....I'm assuming we're having issues explaining away other stuff. Or they're saying you haven't shown enough or they're just not saying shit because they don't know what to do.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

“He comes in every day, asks what’s new... arrives happy and leaves sad” #FreeSilvio
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

IF, boy do I mean IF KU has nothing to hide and there is nothing else to do on their end I would call up the NCAA and say enough is enough. You have until Friday evening at 5 PM to make a decision. If I don't hear from you SdS will play for the remainder of the season.

It does seem odd, that his 'handler' was very adamant when this first came out that they did nothing wrong. Haven't heard anything from him since.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Our chances are pretty slim of getting to the final four without him. We need someone who can take the pressure off Lawson and he's the best person. I say, just fucking play him and let the chips fall where they may.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

They can take away the banners but they can’t unplay the games.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 pm They can take away the banners but they can’t unplay the games.
No doubt. Hell they don't even mention it when they bring up Memphis national championship appearance. Nobody gives a shit about the rules. Only the money.

I'm not sure they even take vacate the wins from the coaches? Just the teams?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wut Memphis national championship appearance?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You know the math gets kinda easy: if we don’t play Silvio, there is definitely no banner this year. If we play Silvio, maybe there is a banner this year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and maybe we’d have to forfeit a few games down the stretch that we’d prob loose without him anyway?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“You can’t take away my Tour de France titles!”

-Lance
Deleted User 75

We maybe should have done that from the beginning.

The Roger Stone strategy: Admit nothing. Deny everything. Seems to have worked for other elite programs.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PortlandHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pm “He comes in every day, asks what’s new... arrives happy and leaves sad” #FreeSilvio
I’m not liking the direction the quotes have taken this week.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 pm They can take away the banners but they can’t unplay the games.
No doubt. Hell they don't even mention it when they bring up Memphis national championship appearance. Nobody gives a shit about the rules. Only the money.

I'm not sure they even take vacate the wins from the coaches? Just the teams?
Boeheim had over 100 wins taken off his record.
noosh

Post by noosh »

LOL at this "we have no shot at a banner this year w/o Silvio" as if the insinuation is that we do have a shot with him.

CRACK IS WHACK KIDZ
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:42 am
PortlandHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pm “He comes in every day, asks what’s new... arrives happy and leaves sad” #FreeSilvio
I’m not liking the direction the quotes have taken this week.
Me either. The question I have in regards to what Bill said is, hasn't Silvio learned that no news is bad news?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

December 14:

"Kansas basketball coach Bill Self says he is 'optimistic” that [he] will be able to play in games for KU during the upcoming Big 12 season.

“The thing about it, from an optimism standpoint, we don’t know how other people will view what we have done,” Self said, ostensibly referring to the NCAA’s opinion of KU’s findings."

December 19:

“Hopefully it (information on the case) is in the proper people’s hands,” Self said, not specifically saying the NCAA. “That is coming to a point we will know pretty soon as far as what the next move is because our people have worked hard on it (looking into the situation). Certainly I think it’s close to being … I don’t know if a decision is close to being made but everybody having the information needed to make a decision.”

January 3:

"Bill Self says Kansas’ basketball program will find out “very, very soon” if and when [he] will be able to play in games for the Jayhawks.

"'It’s a situation right now where we think we could know any minute on what his situation is,” said Self, KU’s 15th-year coach, Wednesday night on his weekly Hawk Talk radio show. 'We actually feel very good about what the NCAA has in their hands what we submitted,' Self added.

"Kansas recently submitted to college’s governing body findings over an issue that that KU has said concerns [alleged benefits the player may have received].

"'We were hopeful for one (answer) last week,” Self said of final word from the NCAA on whether or not [he] can play. 'The reason we didn’t get it … it’s not the NCAA’s fault folks. They way it (KU’s findings) had to be submitted, it had to be turned in after it was completely done with corrections so that way the NCAA doesn’t come back and say, ‘We need more information.’ We tried to make it a complete file.'

January 8:

"That clearance could come at any time. Self has said [he] would immediately be used in games if and when [he is] cleared.

“I am confident that we’ll have some news soon,” Self said just after 2 p.m. Monday during a meeting with media to preview the [upcoming game]. “I’m not saying today (Monday) positively, but I think we’ll have a better idea of where everything is today.”

January 20, 2018:

Billy Preston’s career at Kansas is over.

The freshman forward signed a contract with BC Igokea of Bosnia on Saturday, ending a long process of him waiting for his amateur status to be cleared by the NCAA.

KU coach Bill Self said he knew for about three weeks that Preston was considering the overseas contract. That offer came with a specific deadline.

“We were just hoping we could have (NCAA) closure to eliminate that outcome,” Self said. “With the uncertainty of it, it didn’t come as a shock to us.”
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Timeline similarities are mere coincidence, IMO. School starts about the same time, season starts about the same time, holidays happen about the same time every year. The process for reinstatement should theoretically be the same.

Unless Silvio's camp is fucking around like Preston's was. Then the situations are pretty much exactly alike.