KU's DeSousa SHOULD be ruled eligible but the NCAA blows....

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled eligible...

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:36 am So...would this be the starting five or does SdS come off the bench?

Dotson
Grimes
Agbaji
Lawson
SDS
I think this is what I'd prefer. Grimes over Vick to start but Vick plays way more minutes and finishes game.

You could also throw in Garrett over De Sousa if we stay with a 4-guard lineup. Either way, De Sousa can at least trim the rotation down to like 7 players.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:36 am So...would this be the starting five or does SdS come off the bench?

Dotson
Grimes
Agbaji
Lawson
SDS
I think De Sousa starts...maybe not game 1 but ultimately.

I think your starting 5 is probably right, but I bet both Garrett and Vick would get more minutes than Grimes.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:46 am

Dotson
Grimes
Agbaji
Lawson
SDS
I think this is what I'd prefer. Grimes over Vick to start but Vick plays way more minutes and finishes game.

You could also throw in Garrett over De Sousa if we stay with a 4-guard lineup. Either way, De Sousa can at least trim the rotation down to like 7 players.
I guess if you think you can fire Vick up and/or save some sort of sliver of confidence in Grimes, this would be the best bet.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We wouldn't get shoved around as much under the cup.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dotson
Agbaji
Garrett
Lawson
Sds

Vick
Grimes
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

No way garrett doesnt start
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 am No way garrett doesnt start
I agree he's been better than Grimes and would, based on merit, deserve to start.

But I don't think Self doesn't start Grimes.

Garrett would get more minutes and end games, but I think Self would bring him off the bench.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Self says he's not comfortable unless Garrett is in the game. I dont think he wants to start the hame uncomfortable.

Although, i do every game this year. Ugh. Sorry, im being ectremely negative today. That game sucked the optimism out of me. I keep waiting doe this team to develop some sort of cohesion and fire. Thought the kentucky loss might stimulate something.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And i cant spell on this phone
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

My guess is Vick won't be coming off the bench anymore. Who was playing at the end of the game is a good indication. It was grimes sitting.

I'd like a starting lineup of:

Dotson
Ochai
Vick
SDS
Lawson

End of games Garrett will be in over either SDS or whoever is playing the crappiest of the guards.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:00 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 am No way garrett doesnt start
I agree he's been better than Grimes and would, based on merit, deserve to start.

But I don't think Self doesn't start Grimes.

Garrett would get more minutes and end games, but I think Self would bring him off the bench.
Right, if Grimes gives us what he’s given us so far, I don’t think anyone would be upset if Bill punted him into the sun.

But, for minutes distribution, he’s going to get his 15-20 and the large majority of those need to come in the 1st half. Might as well keep starting him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:04 am My guess is Vick won't be coming off the bench anymore. Who was playing at the end of the game is a good indication. It was grimes sitting.

I'd like a starting lineup of:

Dotson
Ochai
Vick
SDS
Lawson

End of games Garrett will be in over either SDS or whoever is playing the crappiest of the guards.
Grimes hasn’t finished a game in a long while, yet he’s never missed a start.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Garrett's such a good complimentary player. Tenacious D, facilitates, takes what comes to him.

The issue is, there's just not the personnel around him to compliment.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I would like to see Self play more situational to the teams he is playing. Play a team like Texas that plays 3 guards and 2 bigs why try and play a four-guard line up and also consistently switch on all screens. If Texas had half a brain they would have won the game last night by 20+ from post scoring alone when Garrett or Dotson got caught on the wrong end of a switch.
Now you play a team like TT that plays four guards then match that. Last year that line up worked so well because three of those guards could flat out shoot the ball. This year, while I love Garrett's game it is like playing four on five on the offensive end.

All of you guys are right that really it doesn't matter who starts it is who finishes the game. Save for foul trouble and situational FT I can't remember a game that Grimes closed out.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Maybe WVU when ochai couldn't get off the bench
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:11 am Garrett's such a good complimentary player. Tenacious D, facilitates, takes what comes to him.

The issue is, there's just not the personnel around him to compliment.
I'm not a big Garrett guy. A good guy to have off the bench.

I've been touting for a couple seasons now that he's pretty good driving to the rim, and I still think he is, but last night showed how limited a player in today's game is if they can't shoot at all. Shaka Dumb figured Garrett out after just one outing.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:13 am I would like to see Self play more situational to the teams he is playing. Play a team like Texas that plays 3 guards and 2 bigs why try and play a four-guard line up and also consistently switch on all screens. If Texas had half a brain they would have won the game last night by 20+ from post scoring alone when Garrett or Dotson got caught on the wrong end of a switch.
Now you play a team like TT that plays four guards then match that. Last year that line up worked so well because three of those guards could flat out shoot the ball. This year, while I love Garrett's game it is like playing four on five on the offensive end.

All of you guys are right that really it doesn't matter who starts it is who finishes the game. Save for foul trouble and situational FT I can't remember a game that Grimes closed out.
Yeah, Bill didn't do a lot for me last night other than his always inevitable ability to close gaps in the last 4 minutes of the game.

Coming out of the locker room, he told Holly that he was going to play 2 bigs for most of the 2nd half and he came out with the same starting lineup and we immediately went down by 2-3 possessions instead of just 1. That was in part due to Ostetowski bullying Garrett.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Comments from Bill last night didn't sound too promising on SDS...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what will the headline about Silvio read either way?

"issues at question include $2500 for an online class, plus maybe that rumored other $20 grand from some Maryland booster."

?

what else could be taking so long? and what will the NCAA's explanation be?

"though we were never able to verify as much, we're just too caught up in the he-said-she-said to let this kid have a college career at this point."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If they feel there's enough smoke linking our assistants to larger cash advances, then I get it ( unfair that other recruits who have been linked to high dollar get to play but I get it ).
But just release the information already.