KU's DeSousa SHOULD be ruled eligible but the NCAA blows....

Kansas Basketball.
holidaysmore

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled eligible...

Post by holidaysmore »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am Comments from Bill last night didn't sound too promising on SDS...
What did he say?
Holidaysmore - 2005
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:09 am
sdoyel wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am Comments from Bill last night didn't sound too promising on SDS...
What did he say?
Something like, “we haven’t heard crap on that front.” He was basically implying he thinks or is working as if the current roster is the roster and we gotta deal with it.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'm tired of this shit.

Year after year of not knowing what our team will be, well into conference season.

Someone should start a "Fuck the NCAA" thread.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Fair enough.

Someone should also start a follow the rules thread so we're not in the situation. We're in at as much as any other team.

And when you've got coaches texts/phone calls being presented in FBI related trials that make your program look dirty then I doubt the NCAA is rushing to bend over backwards and give the benefit of doubt.

We're in this shit by our own doing to a large extent. Play with fire long enough you're going to get burned.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:37 am Fair enough.

Someone should also start a follow the rules thread so we're not in the situation. We're in at as much as any other team.

And when you've got coaches texts/phone calls being presented in FBI related trials that make your program look dirty then I doubt the NCAA is rushing to bend over backwards and give the benefit of doubt.

We're in this shit by our own doing to a large extent. Play with fire long enough you're going to get burned.
None of what you're saying is wrong, but there's an Ayton-, Zion- and Nassir-shaped shadow that hangs over your points. It is incongruous that Silvio is sitting while others haven't.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah if the ncaa has any dignity and actually cared about the hearsay, then why aren’t they flipping every rock about Zion?

and Lol Ayton...wasn’t he in for six figures?

even the fucking COACH sat out, but not him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Remember when Miles Bridges said, "Yep you caught me, I'll pay this back." And the NCAA was like "OK, you good!"
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:43 am

None of what you're saying is wrong, but there's an Ayton-, Zion- and Nassir-shaped shadow that hangs over your points. It is incongruous that Silvio is sitting while others haven't.
But that's not an acceptable defense to the NCAA or an acceptable excuse to breaking the rules....even though you know I think the rules are dumb.

Also, we could play him if we wanted to. We'd just have to risk the consequences of doing so. We declared him ineligible and then tried to get him reinstated from what I understand.

Duke/Zion apparently just said fuck it, punish us later if you can prove any of these allegations, or if you think they are true since nothing really needs to be proven. But probably helps when there is no evidence from the Duke staff or Nike employees... even if the evidence is similar to what was leaked about our staff. No duke coaches mentioned or referenced. That can't hurt.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:50 am Remember when Miles Bridges said, "Yep you caught me, I'll pay this back." And the NCAA was like "OK, you good!"
The temperature in my office just went up six degrees.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:50 am Remember when Miles Bridges said, "Yep you caught me, I'll pay this back." And the NCAA was like "OK, you good!"
Wasn't that for like a meal at Mcdonalds?

They didn't say "okay you good" to the Miami player...so it's not like everyone except us is getting away with this.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:51 am

But that's not an acceptable defense to the NCAA or an acceptable excuse to breaking the rules....even though you know I think the rules are dumb.

Also, we could play him if we wanted to. We'd just have to risk the consequences of doing so. We declared him ineligible and then tried to get him reinstated from what I understand.

Duke/Zion apparently just said fuck it, punish us later if you can prove any of these allegations, or if you think they are true since nothing really needs to be proven. But probably helps when there is no evidence from the Duke staff or Nike employees... even if the evidence is similar to what was leaked about our staff. No duke coaches mentioned or referenced. That can't hurt.
I'm not arguing with you. Up until the latest stages of the trial, I strongly advocated that we dare the NCAA to come after us on Silvio. I get why we took a different path.

I'm just saying it's extraordinarily frustrating that we're suffering more for what was - on the ground - the same conduct as everyone else was engaged in.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 am
Wasn't that for like a meal at Mcdonalds?

They didn't say "okay you good" to the Miami player...so it's not like everyone except us is getting away with this.
Jesus, the lack of consistency/precedent is the point.

The NCAA was combing through De Sousa's AAU tournament meal per diem receipts in fucking Africa a year ago.

Bridges got an answer within 24 hours.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Or when Wendell Carter’s name came up in the Dawkins investigation, 45 minutes later Duke tweeted that they “just completed a thorough investigation” that “totally clears his name.”
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:54 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:51 am

I'm not arguing with you. Up until the latest stages of the trial, I strongly advocated that we dare the NCAA to come after us on Silvio. I get why we took a different path.

I'm just saying it's extraordinarily frustrating that we're suffering more for what was - on the ground - the same conduct as everyone else was engaged in.
Makes me wonder what our coaches are so scared about. They might be feeling lucky they didn't get caught as badly as Sean Miller, because judging by the texts/calls that were leaked involving Kansas coaches, we appeared dangerously close to crossing that line.

Although, miller isn't really that much worse off at this point as far as I know.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 am
Or when Wendell Carter’s name came up in the Dawkins investigation, 45 minutes later Duke tweeted that they “just completed a thorough investigation” that “totally clears his name.”
We could've done that too.

Still can.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"Jesus, what took so long?"

- Lance Thomas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:57 am

Still can.
Except we've painted ourselves into a corner by playing the game with the NCAA.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bill Self = NABC Prez.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PortlandHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:29 am
holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:09 am
What did he say?
Something like, “we haven’t heard crap on that front.” He was basically implying he thinks or is working as if the current roster is the roster and we gotta deal with it.
"We havent heard crap" doesnt imply that at all.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:57 am

Still can.
Except we've painted ourselves into a corner by playing the game with the NCAA.
Yup.

My guess is Self knows we got caught in a very unlucky way. He probably wants to play nice because he's got a reputation and coaching record to protect and probably doesn't want to push his luck on a case where he likely knows violations were made....even more so if he thinks the Under Armour/Maryland booster money thing is probably true because that'd be hard for him to investigate and deal with if SDS camp isn't forthcoming to the KU staff. The fact Adidas was willing to pay the money back makes me think it's likely true, even if impossible to prove.