KU's DeSousa SHOULD be ruled eligible but the NCAA blows....

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KU's DeSousa could be ruled eligible...

Post by pdub »

What happened to this?
Is this still a thing?

https://twitter.com/SethDavisHoops/stat ... 6742844416
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Didn't things go sort of like this with Preston?
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Only real difference would be Preston and his mom were causing delays and further complications by lying to the NCAA and KU.

Catch flies with honey, not poop.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Wonder if we aren't having similar issues with SDS handler?

And LOL @ Seth Davis. He's independant now isn't he? Probably just trying to hit a home run so he can say he told us so first.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:31 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:28 am

We've has those types too.
do we?

I mean, sure, we've had our issues, but have any measured up to the McMansions and jewelry and cash-in-hand that have been alleged at other schools?
Josh Jackson's mother was mentioned during FBI stuff and it was directly related to her running an AAU team...."she's well taken care of..." iirc was a direct quote.

Zions family wanted employment and to move to town.....sound familiar?

We can't keep pretending we are cleaner than everyone else. It's foolish. We aren't dirtier than Duke or UK or wherever you're talking about, but we are equal. That seems fairly apparent. This is widespread and common.
The only person pretending is you trying to equate “well taken care of” with tangible documented benefits.

The whole institution is dirty.

If there’s a difference with us, it’s that other schools throw caution to the wind and get away with it while we play it with much more discretion yet end up much more disadvantaged cuz of it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 am Only real difference would be Preston and his mom were causing delays and further complications by lying to the NCAA and KU.

Catch flies with honey, not poop.
Right. We sent stuff in for reinstatement, NCAA came back and said give us more, then Billy's mom stopped cooperating.

Of course we found this all out after the fact. Perhaps we are at the point w/ De Sousa where NCAA is saying: "give us more," but that is pure speculation.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 pm

do we?

I mean, sure, we've had our issues, but have any measured up to the McMansions and jewelry and cash-in-hand that have been alleged at other schools?
Josh Jackson's mother was mentioned during FBI stuff and it was directly related to her running an AAU team...."she's well taken care of..." iirc was a direct quote.

We can't keep pretending we are cleaner than everyone else. It's foolish. We aren't dirtier than Duke or UK or wherever you're talking about, but we are equal. That seems fairly apparent. This is widespread and common.
The only person pretending is you trying to equate “well taken care of” with tangible documented benefits.

If there’s a difference with us, it’s that other schools throw caution to the wind and get away with it while we play it with much more discretion yet end up much more disadvantaged cuz of it.
I don't get why illy is bringing this all up, anyway. Josh Jackson was cleared and played a full season. That was your original point: the inequality of it all and the NCAA's seemingly thumbs up to the AAU team loophole. God Save the Rules!
Deleted User 75

do we?

Ummm...well taken care of was a direct quote from one of the Adidas guys....there was also doumentation about how much Jackson's mom was getting iirc...but like has been said, all done thru an AAU team so hard to prove improper.

There aren't tangible well documented benefits when it comes to Zion yet you've been referencing him. Lance Thomas was caught up because a company filed a lawsuit against him....that got the NCAAs attention...but then they obviously got paid and dropped the lawsuit and didn't cooperate with the ncaa because why would they? Until the last 12months the ncaa wasn't the fbi. So the jeweler likely said fuck off because they cared about their money, not stupid amateurism rules.
Deleted User 75

The ncaa isn't going to catch everyone. That doesn't mean they shouldn't punish anyone.

I understand why it's unfair to SDS. But that's life.

We could have played him and just taken the risk. Maybe we should have...but we can't expect him to be cleared because of other situations. That's just not how it works. Playing the victim card seems lame to me. The only real victim is SDS, but everyone knows the ncaa rules and what you're signing up for. His camp knowingly broke rules.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

SDS is the victim of a number of things, it seems like.

Certainly of Falmagne's actions. And of KT's. And of UA's and Adidas'. And of our past history with the NCAA. And, more than anything else, of the NCAA and its member institutions.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Miles Bridges also was knocked for a $40 dinner albeit, in the grand scheme of things $2,500 isn't all that much either.

Blame, IMO, is 50/50 between Self and the NCAA. Self, you gotta know better WTF is going on with your staff and the players they are 'crootin. NCAA, you are just making up rules as you go. Establish clear and concrete guidelines and stick with them.

One of the biggest reasons why I am so disconnected with this current team: the 'crootin scandal at the beginning of the year and the year after year eligibility dance with players.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:26 pm SDS is the victim of a number of things, it seems like.

Certainly of Falmagne's actions. And of KT's. And of UA's and Adidas'. And of our past history with the NCAA. And, more than anything else, of the NCAA and its member institutions.
Yup. Makes it obvious the rules are not to protect the players from shady characters. The rules are designed solely to keep the money with the NCAA and it's members.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:28 am

We've has those types too.
do we?

Wake me up when Duke or UK have a player miss any games let alone the number of players we have. That's the point you continue to miss.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

To be fair, Kanter never played.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:47 pm

do we?

Wake me up when Duke or UK have a player miss any games let alone the number of players we have. That's the point you continue to miss.
Enes Kanter.

The point you continue to miss is apparently they're not getting caught with the same frequency are. Good for them. We should do better at not getting caught.

And/or just play our guys and say fuck the NCAA.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:05 pm

I don't get why illy is bringing this all up, anyway. Josh Jackson was cleared and played a full season. That was your original point: the inequality of it all and the NCAA's seemingly thumbs up to the AAU team loophole. God Save the Rules!
Save ‘em good and hard!

If Kansas is unique in any way, it’s that we seem to do much more self-governing and self-reporting than any other school, to the benefit of...well, no one at all?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Because we are the victims of fraud, you see.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:03 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Enes Kanter.

The point you continue to miss is apparently they're not getting caught with the same frequency are. Good for them. We should do better at not getting caught.

And/or just play our guys and say fuck the NCAA.
Thats why I wish Kansas would switch to Nike. They dont screw over their schools by being lousy at The Game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Because he will argue anything.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Save ‘em good and hard!

If Kansas is unique in any way, it’s that we seem to do much more self-governing and self-reporting than any other school, to the benefit of...well, no one at all?
LOL

The spin doctor.

I don't really pay enough attention to other schools to know when there's an eligibility issue whether it was originally self reported or the ncaa caught them.

I do know that guys like Cliff who do shit in stupid ways do not help our cause...

I don't expect our coaches to follow rules that nobody follows, but I do expect that they be elite at cheating so that we don't look so dirty.

The only 2 instances where I can remember us self reporting and holding players out voluntarily are Preston and SDS....maybe Darnell Jackson?

The Diallo thing was grade related, and even more stupid than this SDS mess. As if it really matters what his grade school course work contained. Come the fuck on.

The good news is this is all likely going to force the ncaa to undergo major reform. The bad news is that SDS is likely to be collateral damage from rules never designed to help or protect him.