KU's DeSousa SHOULD be ruled eligible but the NCAA blows....

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: KU's DeSousa SHOULD be ruled eligible but the NCAA blows....

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:13 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Right, so we shouldn't be talking about it. Which is exactly what Nike and their schools (Dook and UK), and their fans (you) want.

It was only news when KU got caught, now it's nothing.
People are going to actual FEDERAL PRISON for breaking NCAA "rules". That's insane. And that's why it's a huge story.
False. They are going to federal prison because their violation of NCAA rules were also considered to be breaking federal law.
Under the dumbest possible theory, yes, but these are the times in which we live.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The sds appeal was officially filed on 04-18-19. The article in the LJW says this sort of appeal typically takes 7 business days to get a ruling. Getting close.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm so close.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:35 am The sds appeal was officially filed on 04-18-19. The article in the LJW says this sort of appeal typically takes 7 business days to get a ruling. Getting close.
Ah, interesting.

I can’t help but imagine the perceived delay in KU filing the appeal was strategic in a sort.

Guessing we filed it when the opportunity was best for us.

So I f the ncaa drags their feet, and we’re closer and closer to loosing Silvio to the draft, maybe that’s when Self will finally start calling them out in the press and stuff?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So, expect some bad news today at 4:55 pm. I luckily have plans to be at the bar at that time.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:32 am So, expect some bad news today at 4:55 pm. I luckily have plans to be at the bar at that time.
Because of something specific or because the NCAA in general likes to kick people in the nads right before business hours close so they dont have to answer irate phone calls about it for a few days?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The latter.

Or do you mean why I will be at the bar? d. all of the above.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

On the narrow chance that we could get SDS back.....

...this team takes on a whole different look.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I am a half-full guy...I think we get SDS back sometime before December.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:15 pm I am a half-full guy...I think we get SDS back sometime before December.
We are either going to get him back in full, or not at all.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:18 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:15 pm I am a half-full guy...I think we get SDS back sometime before December.
I agree with that, unless there's some deference in this appeals committee to not make this look like a complete overturn of the NCAA's ridiculous overreach.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 pm
I agree with that, unless there's some deference in this appeals committee to not make this look like a complete overturn of the NCAA's ridiculous overreach.
Well, he already served a full season suspension so it is guaranteed not to look like that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Well, he already served a full season suspension so it is guaranteed not to look like that.
I actually disagree - immediate reinstatement is a much sterner rebuke than merely shortening the duration of the remaining suspension.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I could totally see something like his suspension is reduced but he still has to sit out the first 10 games.

In which case, I'm not sure whether he'd return or not. I am of the opinion if he gets to play the whole season, he's most likely going to return....so I'm not sure how many games would be the tipping point. Obviously his feedback from the NBA would move that point.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:35 pm

I actually disagree - immediate reinstatement is a much sterner rebuke than merely shortening the duration of the remaining suspension.
Cutting the sentence by 50% is obviously a "sterner rebuke" than cutting it by 25%. That doesn't require any analysis to understand.

The whole point of a separate group hearing the appeal is that they shouldn't be worried about the impact of their decision. They should be weighing whether the punishment was appropriate or unnecessarily harsh, which most believe is the case.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"Should" is carrying a lot of weight there.
Lonestarjayhawk

I wouldn't expect to move from Two year to One year. I see the first 10 games like PhD said. They will said it was a partial two year ban. Save face. Send a message. Give the kid a break.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
Lonestarjayhawk

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:42 pm I could totally see something like his suspension is reduced but he still has to sit out the first 10 games.

In which case, I'm not sure whether he'd return or not. I am of the opinion if he gets to play the whole season, he's most likely going to return....so I'm not sure how many games would be the tipping point. Obviously his feedback from the NBA would move that point.
Playing the Big12 Season and post-season would probably be enough. Skipping the Directional States game would be okay.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:09 pm I wouldn't expect to move from Two year to One year. I see the first 10 games like PhD said. They will said it was a partial two year ban. Save face. Send a message. Give the kid a break.
If this is the case, any chance KU could argue the number of games he missed in 17-18 could be used as "time served"?
Lonestarjayhawk

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:40 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:09 pm I wouldn't expect to move from Two year to One year. I see the first 10 games like PhD said. They will said it was a partial two year ban. Save face. Send a message. Give the kid a break.
If this is the case, any chance KU could argue the number of games he missed in 17-18 could be used as "time served"?
I think HCBS would be overjoyed to have SDS miss 10 games in November and early December and be ready for the B12 Season. Not one peep of 'time-served'...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor