This Team

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: This Team

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:10 am I’d take Conner Teahan over Jamari for this team.
Odd as it sounds. This team could a lot better with connor and Kevin young
Just Ledoux it
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 am We could use some of this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtPTrP7lCbn ... 83ca79iqvt
Are you saying Vick should be on the end of the bench?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 am We could use some of this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtPTrP7lCbn ... 83ca79iqvt
Are you saying Vick should be on the end of the bench?
He's better suited in that role if your team has final 4 aspirations that's for sure....problem is he's got to actually be worse than the other players on the team, and unfortunately for us he's 1 of our 3 best players. That's not a recipe for success.

Lots of guys in the NBA in that short clip. Even some sitting on the bench.

At this point I think Ochai may be the best NBA prospect on our team. Dotson 2nd. And then after that I just don't know.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NBADraft.net, although far from the best mock, has Ochai being a lottery pick next year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

have we really fleshed out why guys like Mitch, Charlie, and KJ aren't further along by now?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:44 am have we really fleshed out why guys like Mitch, Charlie, and KJ aren't further along by now?
Yes, recruiting misses. Charlie and Mitch should not be in the program.

I guess KJ is fine. You take the brother to get the 2 brothers you actually want.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 am NBADraft.net, although far from the best mock, has Ochai being a lottery pick next year.
Where do they have Crimes? Never-mind. I looked it up myself. 30. LOL! Actually, COL!
NEVER EVER should have stepped foot on the KU campus if that's the case?

https://www.nbadraft.net/2020mock_draft
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I think Ousdahl's question is more like, why have Charlie and KJ regressed from where they were at other schools and why hasn't Mitch improved.

I get that a guy is going to have better numbers at Cal or Memphis than at KU...but jesus. You'd think that productive starters at those places could at least be productive reserves.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I've never been big on Mitch. I'll give dude credit for a hustle play here and there, but the hustle plays don't even offset the bonehead plays, not to mention how bad he gets abused out there in general.

Charlie and KJ were both double digit scorers as freshmen at other schools. In a sense they shoulda been even surer recruiting bets than an a burger outta high school, yet they look like lost puppies here, wtf?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 am I've never been big on Mitch. I'll give dude credit for a hustle play here and there, but the hustle plays don't even offset the bonehead plays, not to mention how bad he gets abused out there in general.

Charlie and KJ were both double digit scorers as freshmen at other schools. In a sense they shoulda been even surer recruiting bets than an a burger outta high school, yet they look like lost puppies here, wtf?
Lost so badly I am always like...what the fuck were you doing the last 18 months?

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

exactly!

They had a whole year off to get better, and for the staff to coach 'em up.

We could use an alpha. Somebody to lead by example and set the tone. And as goofy as it sounds, at this point I actually think our best hope for the role might end up being Agbaji.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mitchs lack of development into being at least a "serviceable" junkyard dog type reserve has really negatively impacted this team
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 am NBADraft.net, although far from the best mock, has Ochai being a lottery pick next year.
I think the kid who runs that is a Kansas fan.

He had Jamari getting drafted late 2nd round after his JUNIOR year. He hisotircally way overrates where Kansas players will be drafted.
Deleted User 75

We chased off Cunliffe so that Moore could warm the bench?

I get why KJ is here. Without him we don't have dedric, and without dedric we might not even make the tournament.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:09 am We chased off Cunliffe so that Moore could warm the bench?

I get why KJ is here. Without him we don't have dedric, and without dedric we might not even make the tournament.
Moore was a primary ball handler...that's all I got. I wonder at what point after getting to campus Self went "fuck"...I think it must not have been until during this season based on his preseason talk about Moore and the fact that he didn't scramble to find another PG late in recruiting or via Grad transfer.

Deleted User 75

Thank god Dotson has been so good. I can't imagine watching Charlie Moore have to lead this team.
Deleted User 75

In all seriousness though, we're fine. Last night showed us nothing new. We knew what to expect. Apparently so did Vegas.

Now we can just accept who we are and try to grind out some wins. We're still plenty good enough to get hot and make a final 4 run. Ochai is getting better. Dotson getting better. Garrett getting better. Dedric and Vick aren't getting any worse. And we may get SDS back.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 am I've never been big on Mitch. I'll give dude credit for a hustle play here and there, but the hustle plays don't even offset the bonehead plays, not to mention how bad he gets abused out there in general.

I just think there are a lot of guys that could put up average numbers like KJ and Moore did on bad Power 5 teams with 25-30 minutes.

Mitch would put up an average line somewhere like Stanford. Hell, he put up an average line here last year when he played.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:17 am In all seriousness though, we're fine. Last night showed us nothing new. We knew what to expect. Apparently so did Vegas.

Now we can just accept who we are and try to grind out some wins. We're still plenty good enough to get hot and make a final 4 run. Ochai is getting better. Dotson getting better. Garrett getting better. Dedric and Vick aren't getting any worse. And we may get SDS back.
So....we're NOT fine.

I mean, if last night showed us who we are, we're not good...at all.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I can't remember the timeline order of when they happened. Was it Langford commits, Cunliffe announces transfer, then Vick comes back?

I was higher on Cunliffe jumping in last year than I was Charlie this year. He was a starter, double digit scorer on a good team, while Moore was doing it on a bad Cal team. Not only was Cal bad, it seemed like more often than not one of their best players was out. Raab and Byrd both missed time, as well as both sitting out post season tourney, IIRC. I think Sam would be a great guy to have back on this years team. It just wasn't in the cards for him last year with coming in mid-season with the 4 guards who were already ahead of him. Wish he would have stuck it out.