Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: This Team

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:33 am

Gotcha.

Dedric and KJ don't seem like hard workers either, but impossible to know without inside knowledge.
Dedric is a legitimate 1st Team AA candidate.
No doubt.

Doesn't mean he's a hard worker. Just means he's an awesome college player.

I look at how some of our guys bodies transform under hudy and I wonder why dedric hasn't changed more. Mason, graham, dok, selden, hell even Svi, were all ripped and dedric looks soft to the touch.
It absolutely does mean he's a hard worker. There is MAYBE one guy a year that can just fall into college basketball and sleep walk their way into being a first team AA. Most guys with Dedric's ability and athleticism don't do anything--a lot of times because they won't put in the work.

As for his body, his transformation under Hudy has been shown at least a couple of times during games. He's switched to a vegan diet and has added a ton of muscle, but more importantly, lost a lot of fat.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:38 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 am

Dedric is a legitimate 1st Team AA candidate.
No doubt.

Doesn't mean he's a hard worker. Just means he's an awesome college player.

I look at how some of our guys bodies transform under hudy and I wonder why dedric hasn't changed more. Mason, graham, dok, selden, hell even Svi, were all ripped and dedric looks soft to the touch.
Dedric has some of the most striking before and after photos of anyone.

It's just that the before picture looked like someone who'd never seen the inside of a gym and subsisted on nothing but Mt. Dew and cheetos.
^^^^^

What an idiotic say to thing that they're not hard workers. Lawson is getting 15 boards a night with 2 guys all over him in the paint. KJ provides high energy. Not great basketball, but great energy and diving on the floor for loose balls and whatnot.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

TBH, Dedric was probably worn out last night from the UK game. This guy has absolutely carried this team on his back.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

If dedric is worn out 3 days after a game then that's a problem.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:49 am If dedric is worn out 3 days after a game then that's a problem.
I just heard he's vegan. He might not recover for shit.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

I don't trust vegans.
Deleted User 75

Added Self, with just a hint more realism: “Based on where we’re at right now, I think (calling it) a rut is too strong, but I don’t think our ceiling is near as high as it’s been in years past. That’s not being negative. That’s being factual.”

We've been putting off a down year for over a decade. We were due for 1. The preseason ranking was not accurate without Dok. Maybe even with Dok. But not having Dok is more of a disaster than we thought it'd be.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Again, the preseason ranking was considering Dok AND DeSousa.
A totally different game where we can bully opponents like Kentucky bullied us.
And when you can bully inside, get offensive rebounds, get opponents in foul trouble, and suck in the defense for easier perimeter shooting, you're a far better team, and not unreasonable to expect to be one of the top 5 teams in the nation.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 am Again, the preseason ranking was considering Dok AND DeSousa.
And when you can bully inside, get offensive rebounds, get opponents in foul trouble, and suck in the defense for easier perimeter shooting, you're a far better team, and not unreasonable to expect to be one of the top 5 teams in the nation.
De Sousa, Dok, Dedric, David, and Mitch (plus KJ if you want) is better than any frontcourt in the country. Too bad fate wasn’t on our side.
Deleted User 75

Weren't we fully aware SDS was going to be held out prior to the season?

Didn't that fbi stuff break during the summer? Hard to keep it all straight honestly.

Yes with Dok and SDS we'd be better. Way better. But still not one of our better teams talent wise. Got to agree with Self on that.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 75

PortlandHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:31 am
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 am Again, the preseason ranking was considering Dok AND DeSousa.
De Sousa, Dok, Dedric, David, and Mitch (plus KJ if you want) is better than any frontcourt in the country. Too bad fate wasn’t on our side.
Better than Dukes front court? Don't Zion and Barrett basically play the 4 and 5 a lot of the time? Plus Bolden?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:33 am Weren't we fully aware SDS was going to be held out prior to the season?
Preseason rankings came out in September/October.
Voters unclear whether his eligibility would be affected or, if it was, how long he'd be held out.
I'd imagine most thought he'd be playing by now.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:38 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:33 am Weren't we fully aware SDS was going to be held out prior to the season?
Preseason rankings came out in September/October.
Voters unclear whether his eligibility would be affected or, if it was, how long he'd be held out.
I'd imagine most thought he'd be playing by now.
True. I thought he'd be playing or I thought he'd be gone. I feel badly for him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KU didn't announce him out until the night before the first exhibition.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would also take Mitch over Marques Bolden.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:41 am I would also take Mitch over Marques Bolden.
I'd take the 6'11 guy who was ranked in the top 20 of his class even though at this point his HS ranking is worthless.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I think we dodged a bullet not getting Bolden.

Deleted User 75

Marques Bolden is playing 20mpg averaging 2blocks per game and 5pts/5rebs. Not great, but enough to make me believe he's better than mitch.

6'11...2 blocks per game..we could use that size and rim protection.

Mitch is good at blocking shots for a smaller big, but he's not a paint presence defensively.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

With Mitch, at least when he screws up you're just kind of like, well, he's white, weak and unathletic.

Bolden is an even bigger p*ssy and a 5* bust.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 am With Mitch, at least when he screws up you're just kind of like, well, he's white, weak and unathletic.

Bolden is an even bigger p*ssy and a 5* bust.
Plus Mitch isn't gonna scare off another potential recruit.