This Team

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 183

Re: This Team

Post by Deleted User 183 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:34 am
PortlandHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:31 am
pdub wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 am Again, the preseason ranking was considering Dok AND DeSousa.
A totally different game where we can bully opponents like Kentucky bullied us.
And when you can bully inside, get offensive rebounds, get opponents in foul trouble, and suck in the defense for easier perimeter shooting, you're a far better team, and not unreasonable to expect to be one of the top 5 teams in the nation.
De Sousa, Dok, Dedric, David, and Mitch (plus KJ if you want) is better than any frontcourt in the country. Too bad fate wasn’t on our side.
Better than Dukes front court? Don't Zion and Barrett basically play the 4 and 5 a lot of the time? Plus Bolden?
Are you asking Kansas fans or Duke fans? Heck, I think Zag fans might try and argue their front court > KU's.
From top to bottom I would take KU's over anyone else's but I'm biased and if you are going to consider Barrett and Reddish as playing in Duke's "front court" - I'll take them over anyone else in a heartbeat.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 am With Mitch, at least when he screws up you're just kind of like, well, he's white, weak and unathletic.

Bolden is an even bigger p*ssy and a 5* bust.
Plus Mitch isn't gonna scare off another potential recruit.
Good point.

Last year in our game against duke, Bolden played 12 minutes, went 1-3 from the field and had 1 single rebound against a 4-guard team.

Mitch played 0 minutes.

Give me Mitch.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This team is not very good, which is bad enough. But making it worse is that it's fucking boring. There are very few cool basketball plays being made, on offense or defense. No shooting, no dunks, no steals, no blocks. There's not really a ceiling to get excited about.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:46 am With Mitch, at least when he screws up you're just kind of like, well, he's white, weak and unathletic.

Bolden doesn't seem to be scaring them off at duke. LOL
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:50 am This team is not very good, which is bad enough. But making it worse is that it's fucking boring. There are very few cool basketball plays being made, on offense or defense. No shooting, no dunks, no steals, no blocks. There's not really a ceiling to get excited about.
and wtf happened to the lobs?
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:50 am This team is not very good, which is bad enough. But making it worse is that it's fucking boring. There are very few cool basketball plays being made, on offense or defense. No shooting, no dunks, no steals, no blocks. There's not really a ceiling to get excited about.
We can't set the screens as well, hide the plays as well, or execute the play as well...plus we've usually only got 1 or 2 guys out there who regularly dunk. A lot easier to throw lobs when you've got Graham dropping dimes to Dok.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:58 am
I'm not saying this as a criticism, because it happens to a lot of guys: Vick looks less bouncy to me this season. Agbaji is pretty clearly our best athlete.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Right. At least on the recent crappier teams we've had, there was cool shit like Ben playing basketball the way you or I would if we rolled out of bed one day and could jump 44".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, is it this season, or just compared to November/December Vick in general?

Dude has regressed every season he’s been here EDIT, from the beginning of a season til the end.

He, Grimes, Garrett, Agbaji have all thrown down oops. KJ prob has the ability too. Yet it’s like they, or coach, forgot how to score in the back door like it’s tj’s ex.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:54 am

Are you sure? I mean, I see what you're saying, but Zion's as much a wing as a big, and Barrett and Reddish are wings and Tre Jones is a PG. No bigs in their most recent haul. When Carter committed, Bolden was the only other big and he only played one game as a freshman...Bagley was going to play no matter where he went or who was there.

Duke hasn't had a high 4* or low 5* big commit since Bolden's been there...those are the guys who would consider that type of thing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Carters were absolutely pissed at K when Bagley committed.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:54 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 am Plus Mitch isn't gonna scare off another potential recruit.
Are you sure? I mean, I see what you're saying, but Zion's as much a wing as a big, and Barrett and Reddish are wings and Tre Jones is a PG. No bigs in their most recent haul. When Carter committed, Bolden was the only other big and he only played one game as a freshman...Bagley was going to play no matter where he went or who was there.

Duke hasn't had a high 4* or low 5* big commit since Bolden's been there...those are the guys who would consider that type of thing.
I see what you're saying...although like you pointed out Carter and Bagley came. But those are elite type guys, so like you said they're not really the type that can be scared off by another player on the roster. So I get why those don't really apply to what we're talking about.

I like the highly ranked guys who aren't scared to play with other good players or earn their minutes. Even better are the ones that actually help recruiting...but that's rare these days.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So at this point can we go 7-3?
Home games: Tech, OSU, WVU, ksu, Baylor
Road games: @ ksu, @ TCU, @ Tech, @ OSU, @ OU

If you can win 3 of those roadies, it's still doable.

Because I think that 12-6 might get you a share.
Ideally 8-2 of course because I think 13-5 is a guaranteed lock for at least a share.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Obviously taking the next 2 ( Tech, @ ksu ) would give us a huge boost towards that goal.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think there is 2 games you could "afford" to drop.

@kstate and @Tech. Other than that, you better win the rest.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Could afford still, or could have afforded?

The good news is that none of the three losses are to teams I'd expect to challenge for the title.

The bad news is we're losing games to shit-ass teams like West Virginia and Texas.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:35 pm I think there is 2 games you could "afford" to drop.

@kstate and @Tech. Other than that, you better win the rest.
Aren't those the two we most need to win?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we just loose those two games ( probably our toughest ) than we finish 13-5.
That'd do it.
I don't think ksu and Tech will finish 7-2.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Ranked No. 1 in the beginning now we're 11th after no Dok. Sucks
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

Don't care how we do it, but we probably can't lose more than 2 more games to feel safe. 6 losses might share, but that'll make me nervous.