Race to 15!

Kansas Basketball.
surly

Re: Race to 15!

Post by surly »

Remember Statie losing to Aggie when they could have won and gone to the football national championship?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

no
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:33 amRemember Statie
We could stop there.

The odds are long that KU gets a share, but they are much better that statie does not get a share.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Gutter wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 am What would be a "classic Weber fuck up"? Besides not knowing how to spell his name?
Sorry man, I'm not from Chicago like you. The "Weber fuck up" is a random loss at home that makes no sense. Don't rule it out.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn't realize Oklahoma was 6-10 in league.
They have two chances ( tonight and @ ksu ) to get one more top 25 win ( beat TCU when they were 25th ) on their resume which they'll very much need as a bubble.
They drop both of those, it's looking NIT - they'll be hungry tonight.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

lobster wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:43 am
Gutter wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 am What would be a "classic Weber fuck up"? Besides not knowing how to spell his name?
Sorry man, I'm not from Chicago like you. The "Weber fuck up" is a random loss at home that makes no sense. Don't rule it out.
KSU is absolutely capable of losing at home to Oklahoma.
I would venture to guess if they do lose, it won't be any more Bruce Weber's fault if they lost than it was Bill Self's fault we lost to KSU at KSU - or any other of our losses.
It's the American college basketball fan way, a coach tends to get too much glory when his team succeeds and not enough blame when his team fails.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I don't know how we are so confident KU will take care of business tonight...
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:35 pm I don't know how we are so confident KU will take care of business tonight...
Heard some random thoughts from people on twitter that they believe the weight of the streak is now off the shoulders.

Self will now spend the next 3-5 games (Close out Reg Season and then Big 12 Tourn) prepping his team for a tournament run. Not worried as much about the streak and winning conference. Just getting guys to continue to play together.

Don't know how true that is, but I don't think it's that inaccurate.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OU is 6-10.
Could be another close one but we should be able to get a W.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:55 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:35 pm I don't know how we are so confident KU will take care of business tonight...
Heard some random thoughts from people on twitter that they believe the weight of the streak is now off the shoulders.

Self will now spend the next 3-5 games (Close out Reg Season and then Big 12 Tourn) prepping his team for a tournament run. Not worried as much about the streak and winning conference. Just getting guys to continue to play together.

I asked a friend of mine the other day which scenario he would take...

1. Title 15 with an Elite 8 loss
2. Streak stops at 14 but KU gets to the FF4

My point being that KU can still salvage this season. Other than the blowout at Tech this team has looked better. Maybe they got there collective lumps out of the way in the middle of the year and are ready to now make a run. If freaking Loyola can do it why not this KU team...
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Ugh. I hate this question. Of course everyone would rather have a Final Four now that the record is ours.

For me, anything beyond the Round of 32 will be seen as a good tourney for this roster.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, if getting 15 somehow meant getting something like 20 down the line, I'd sacrifice a Final Four for that.
But if then you said, OK, well how about 5 Final Fours or 20 straight, then i'd choose the Final Fours since we already have the record ( and 5 more Final Fours would be crazy town ).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But next year, after very likely not having a conference title, we know we'll be itching to win one again.
I certainly will be.
And next year, at the beginning of the year, if you ask me, let's get back on track in the Big 12, or win four games in a single elimination, I'm gonna likely say, 'let's start the streak back at number 1."
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

And make no mistake, KU will be the favorites to win the league next year...

Baylor probably 2nd.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Depends on who leaves but reading tea leaves, I would agree.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:21 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:55 pm

I asked a friend of mine the other day which scenario he would take...

1. Title 15 with an Elite 8 loss
2. Streak stops at 14 but KU gets to the FF4

My point being that KU can still salvage this season. Other than the blowout at Tech this team has looked better. Maybe they got there collective lumps out of the way in the middle of the year and are ready to now make a run. If freaking Loyola can do it why not this KU team...
And nobody was stopping Tech that night. This team has been MUCH better over the last month. The Tech game in AFH kind of put this team in a good stride. 6 and 2 since that game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:36 am
surly wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:33 amRemember Statie
We could stop there.

The odds are long that KU gets a share, but they are much better that statie does not get a share.
Lol.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:41 pm And make no mistake, KU will be the favorites to win the league next year...

Cyclowns probably 2nd.
FYP
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:47 pm Depends on who leaves but reading tea leaves, I would agree.
ISU has everyone back except Shaylok, assuming Horton-Tucker doesn't go. They may be favored to outright win the league.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

lobster wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:43 am
I get you, lob. Thumbs-up
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...