Och

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Och

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:00 pmBut he was contested no matter where he went. I don't remember him being left wide open. He shot 34% because that was the scouting report.
Defenses left him alone in the Ft. Myers tournament, but after that, that was it.

It was clear to us as fans that this team needed to make 3 pointers to win. Other coaching staffs aren't stupid. We were one of the easiest teams to scout.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I agree I didn’t think Braun would be getting big starter minutes until senior year either. That’s largely due to not recruiting over him. But not sure what being underranked out of HS would have to do with it.

I’ll admit, I’m being guttery. It’s just hard to not criticize after the kind of season we had.

And yeah, we were way too easy to scout. Dunno if that’s cuz of stagnant coaching schemes, or cuz the guards were wont to standing around. Some combo, I guess.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:04 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:00 pmBut he was contested no matter where he went. I don't remember him being left wide open. He shot 34% because that was the scouting report.
Defenses left him alone in the Ft. Myers tournament, but after that, that was it.

It was clear to us as fans that this team needed to make 3 pointers to win. Other coaching staffs aren't stupid. We were one of the easiest teams to scout.
And we didn't have guys that could just win their matchups. Hence, a pretty damn stale offense.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:09 pm But not sure what being underranked out of HS would have to do with it.
Just that I was not surprised he played himself into the rotation in 2020. I recall making several posts about him being closer to Top 50 than the 130's where he was ranked at. I thought he would be our best freshman even after Jalen committed--and, while you will likely disagree, I see he and Jalen as pretty close in terms of NBA potential.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We had lots of guys who were C+/B- at a lot of things. Braun would seem like a better guy off the dribble if it was not relied upon, if you had a Frank Mason type who you could rely on to get to the rim, than Braun doing it would be icing on the cake. Jalen Wilson shooting 33% would seem fine if we had a couple sharpshooters out there at the 1-3 spots, but when Wilson is your teams third biggest 3 point threat, you have a problem.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:10 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:04 pm

And we didn't have guys that could just win their matchups. Hence, a pretty damn stale offense.
Yes, and I love the guy, but we don't have the perfect coach to come up with an out of the box offense on the fly to get all the easy buckets.

We went all in on MG and David from the beginning and never really shied away from that. It both won us games and lost us games.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:02 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:45 pmdon’t ruin CnB’s bro crush you guys.
I have liked CB for a long time before he moved to Lawrence
I just realized Braun’s middle name is Nicholas.

So his initials are CnB?

Could it be that CnB is...whoa
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:12 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:09 pm But not sure what being underranked out of HS would have to do with it.
Just that I was not surprised he played himself into the rotation in 2020. I recall making several posts about him being closer to Top 50 than the 130's where he was ranked at. I thought he would be our best freshman even after Jalen committed--and, while you will likely disagree, I see he and Jalen as pretty close in terms of NBA potential.
Yes because neither has much NBA potential. could be on an NBA bench if everything goes well