Contributor

Re: Och

Post by TDub »

He'll be fine. Hes active enough he doesnt have to score to help
Just Ledoux it
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It is a whole different ball game when you are suddenly appearing on everyone's scouting sheet. Right now he needs to play great defense, hit the boards and hit open jump shots off of penetration. He can spend the entire off season working on his handles.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:42 am It is a whole different ball game when you are suddenly appearing on everyone's scouting sheet.
I think it's a combination of this as well as the two down games were against great defensive teams.

I'm not worried about a wall. That doesn't look like the issue to me. The energy and fatigue level looks fine. Even Dotson had trouble getting downhill last night.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

he needs more lobs
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

He has hit the wall.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

What does hit the wall even mean?

He's only been active for a month or so. He shouldn't have dead legs already.

Or do we just say freshman hit the wall when they have some bad games?....do we say that with sophomores? Juniors?

Has Moore hit the wall yet/too?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Moore hit the wall at birth, and the wall won.

That's a harsh way of saying that he's not talented enough to play for this program and Self was desperate to offer him a ride. Or, less likely, the staff were completely duped by his game film.

I know jfish likes to pound the drum that Bill has to have multiple ballhandlers. I think it certainly helps, but having one seems to be better than having Moore be the second one. Similar to last season, if you have a warrior like D'Tae, you can get away with it. Thank god Devon is ahead of schedule.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 am Moore hit the wall at birth, and the wall won.

That's a harsh way of saying that he's not talented enough to play for this program and Self was desperate to offer him a ride. Or, less likely, the staff were completely duped by his game film.

I know jfish likes to pound the drum that Bill has to have multiple ballhandlers. I think it certainly helps, but having one seems to be better than having Moore be the second one. Similar to last season, if you have a warrior like D'Tae, you can get away with it. Thank god Devon is ahead of schedule.
I think we probably bought into his numbers thinking, wow, a freshman putting up numbers like that at a Power 5 school!

Forgetting that the Pac 12 is a fucking trash fire.
Deleted User 75

And chased Sam out of town in the process. A guy who loved KU...and was a decent outside shooter and had length.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 pm And chased Sam out of town in the process. A guy who loved KU...and was a decent outside shooter and had length.
How much did he "love" KU, though? Are you just going by the generic recruit/commit comments about how getting offers from KU are like dreams coming true?
Deleted User 75

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:08 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 pm And chased Sam out of town in the process. A guy who loved KU...and was a decent outside shooter and had length.
How much did he "love" KU, though? Are you just going by the generic recruit/commit comments about how getting offers from KU are like dreams coming true?
I'm going by the fact he comments daily on our players posts with positive/encouraging comments....his girlfriend went to Kansas. He's best friends with mitch, still.

Which is more than any of them do for Vick....and more than Vick does for any of our guys....while he is away dealing with his "personal matter" (insert eye roll)
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Dude, go watch the NBA. We follow kids who make mistakes here. I don't care if they are 26-year old kids. You will be the first to say that adults make mistakes too. We do.
Your eye roll on Vick is crude and rude.
Deleted User 75

LOL

You hardly follow. You have trouble remembering players names.

Also, you respond a lot to someone on ignore!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Charlie moore's lack of production is just completely bizarre.

On paper he looked like a huge pick up:

4 star guard recruit coming out of high school. fringe top 50 guy. from chicago. was supposed to be able to really score the ball. Played a year at a power 5 conference. started as a freshman. averaged 12/4. Came to KU sat out his redshirt year and played against guys like devonte graham and malik newman everyday in practice.

That sounds like the making of a player who should be ready to explode on the scene and compete to be a multiyear starter. not a guy struggling to crack the rotation of a young team
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Mr. Illinois basketball 2016.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We just have to make sure to recruit over him for the 2021 season. He might turn out to be a fine rotation player.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He hit a wide open three pointer last night after an offensive rebound.
I mean, that was after some sort of bizarre mid range pull up jumper that he had no chance of making, but he did hit that three.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:10 pm He hit a wide open three pointer last night after an offensive rebound.
I mean, that was after some sort of bizarre mid range pull up jumper that he had no chance of making, but he did hit that three.
that jumper was horrible...fading back and to his side
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:37 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:10 pm He hit a wide open three pointer last night after an offensive rebound.
I honestly think he is so lost on the offensive sets that he doesnt know what else to do but throw up some junk. Hes so used to being the guy that gets by in accumulation of stats by pure volume of shots, hes never had to be just a cog in the wheel. Some of his decisions are mind boggling poor. Perhaps the biggest miss of the self era. Perhaps I'm being overly critical. Im open to commentary to the contrary.
Just Ledoux it
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:37 pm
With 26 seconds left on the shot clock and no one within 7 feet of him. The location and time of the shot wasn't awful, it was side stepping fade away aspect that made it awful.