Och

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Och

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:21 am don't forget your power towel.
:24 seconds in just takes it to another level.
also god what a lazy half of a mascot.
FYP

their mascot might as well be a donut!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:45 pm Well if Grimes finishes this season as poorly as most of it has gone, and then bolts for the NBA, yes, that's a miss that rivals about anyone in the Self era.

But, there could be a lot more to the Grimes story. Plays like he did Monday for the rest of the season, then comes back and is a first team all league guy as a sophomore, suddenly Grimes lives up to expectations, just a year late.

The miss with Moore is that the staff had the evaluation all wrong. For chrissakes, Bill redshirted Ochai because of Moore. With Grimes, it's in there somewhere, it's just going to take time.
Agreed. And there could be more to the Charlie Moore story as well. I doubt it but stranger things have happened. Svi went from WTF guy who shot 28% from 3 that couldnt guard a chair to a Duke killing legend in his time at KU so no improvement from a player surprises me any more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'd be shocked. Moore is 21, right?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:20 pm We needed and expected Grimes to be serviceable this year.
We have started seeding the B12 tournament, but Grimes isn’t looking like a B12 player worthy of 20+ minutes yet.
Agbaji has scored a total of TWO points in his last 2 games. 46 minutes, 1-7 from the floor, TWO points.

Should we bench him?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 am I'd be shocked. Moore is 21, right?
Yes, just turned a month ago. I agree that Grimes is more likely to have a better future. But Grimes impact on this season is unquestionably a bigger miss that Moore's. We needed him to be really good and he simply hasnt been. If he was playing at the level he was projected to be, KU is likely comfortably atop the Big 12 standings.

Grimes just isn't there yet. Maybe the KSU game is him starting to clock and maybe it was just him getting a few to drop, I dont know. I hope it's him starting to click.

Regardless, I think a good offseason of hard work can result in a "that's the guy we thought we had" season from Grimes next year and I am rooting hard for the kid to find "it". He has worked hard and weathered a lot of hate from a lot of KU fans.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:38 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 am I'd be shocked. Moore is 21, right?
Yes, just turned a month ago. I agree that Grimes is more likely to have a better future. But Grimes impact on this season is unquestionably a bigger miss that Moore's. We needed him to be really good and he simply hasnt been. If he was playing at the level he was projected to be, KU is likely comfortably atop the Big 12 standings.

Grimes just isn't there yet. Maybe the KSU game is him starting to clock and maybe it was just him getting a few to drop, I dont know. I hope it's him starting to click.

Regardless, I think a good offseason of hard work can result in a "that's the guy we thought we had" season from Grimes next year and I am rooting hard for the kid to find "it". He has worked hard and weathered a lot of hate from a lot of KU fans.
Has he? I'm old enough to remember J.R. getting booed in the fieldhouse.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I would suspect that the venom towards Grimes on the game threads here is minor compared to the social media venom aimed at him but I have not done any research on it to verify it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:38 am

Grimes is getting his points from 3, which is good an all in our offense, but when he drives he doesn't drive hard. In the last game he backed off from going to the rack and did some sort of half ass floater.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 am I would suspect that the venom towards Grimes on the game threads here is minor compared to the social media venom aimed at him but I have not done any research on it to verify it.
I would hope (but am not naive enough to expect) that our guys would know better than to read the comments.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Q is soft. Needs to grow out of that.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:06 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 am I would suspect that the venom towards Grimes on the game threads here is minor compared to the social media venom aimed at him but I have not done any research on it to verify it.
I would hope (but am not naive enough to expect) that our guys would know better than to read the comments.
Message board always nastier than social media where it's not anonymous.

I have seen tons of encouraging comments towards grimes (and SDS), and very little negative...and it appears most of our guys do read comments. Which they shouldn't, but hell even KD does. Just goes with the terroritory nowadays.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:22 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:06 am
Message board always nastier than social media where it's not anonymous.

I have seen tons of encouraging comments towards grimes (and SDS), and very little negative...and it appears most of our guys do read comments. Which they shouldn't, but hell even KD does. Just goes with the terroritory nowadays.
I think Durant has forfeited the right to that "even".
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

punkrockhawk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:09 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 pm aww Russ!

I was also thinking about him in that other thread about the k state rivalry stuff.

that 9/11 alien thing might be the most k state thing of all time.

This one too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4
funniest thing i’ve seen/heard/watched today
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:31 am
DrPepper wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:20 pm We needed and expected Grimes to be serviceable this year.
We have started seeding the B12 tournament, but Grimes isn’t looking like a B12 player worthy of 20+ minutes yet.
Agbaji has scored a total of TWO points in his last 2 games. 46 minutes, 1-7 from the floor, TWO points.

Should we bench him?
I did not say to bench anybody. I was responding to the theme of ‘who did we NEED to pan out that hasn’t.’ IMO, the staff was hoping Grimes would be more of a 1-and-done this year than a Bambi in the headlights. I assume Grimes is a great person and will turn a corner someday.
Regarding Agbaji, staff expected him to be a redshirt this year. Anything we are getting from him is bonus.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grimes has played some pretty good defense...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Och came about six inches from permanently marring what has otherwise been a great surprise season.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:28 pm Och came about six inches from permanently marring what has otherwise been a great surprise season.
i wonder if they were supposed to switch...looked like he thought Q was gonna take the shooter
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

In that situation, nobody switches.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Totally planned. Waters was so confused.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He did have that WTF look on his face
Defense. Rebounds.