Things That Annoy Me

Coffee talk.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Things That Annoy Me

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:29 am
JKLivin wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:14 pm
Feral wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:30 pm Does it make me a bad person to want to hurl every time, checks notes, Kelly Clarkson comes on in a commercial for Wayfair?

How about this "I'm going to somewhere, anywhere" booking . com commercial?

https://youtu.be/epYt5y8aV1Q
Thin Kelly Clarkson was hot.
Fat Kelly Clarkson annoys me to no end.
Crazy thought about what you posted.
I was going to respond by asking if you feel that way about most women who went from "thin" to "fat" and then ask you if there have been any fat women in your life that you have loved.

Here is what's crazy, I don't recall having a single fat female close relative (mother, sister, grandmother, aunt, cousin) other than my Aunt Marie. I did love her.
Have I ever loved a fat woman other than Aunt Marie? Maybe at the time I knew them I thought I loved them but looking back - probably not.

Moving on.......

At the moment it annoys me that I have a beautiful view of the sunrise over the lake (Michigan) and I know a year from now there is a decent chance I will no longer have the view because the rent price where I live will be too high for me and I will be "forced" to move in to an apartment that I will prefer NOT to live in over my current apartment.
Call it what you will but the current cost of living sucks for me.
If I knew I was going to die in the next 5 years I would actually be happy. I would retire and live somewhat happily ever after. Problem is if I retire I know I will end up living much longer than 5 years and will/would inevitably end up "trying to make ends meet" in my later years.

Perfect set up for someone to respond that long posts and sob stories annoy them.
You're welcome!

I feel much the same about my retirement prospects and the current economic outlook. It is discouraging. But, hey, it's probably just our imagination, cuz inflation is under control and the economy is the best it's ever been.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

maybe you shoulda chose a different profession
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I think you are/were addressing JK. If so, yeah - my guess is he had other options.
I would have chosen to be a professional hockey or fottball player if it was a realistic option for me. Instead I chose "finance". You would think that is a pretty good choice - for most people. Wasn't such a good one for me. Should have gone in to the short fat bald old male model industry. I could have made serious $.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:35 am maybe you shoulda chose a different profession
I make a good living in the context of reasonable inflation rates.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:37 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:35 am maybe you shoulda chose a different profession
yet you’re adjuncting at numerous schools

ok
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:41 pm
JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:37 pm
I enjoy what I do.
yet you’re adjuncting at numerous schools

ok
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:30 pm Does it make me a bad person to want to hurl every time, checks notes, Kelly Clarkson comes on in a commercial for Wayfair?

How about this "I'm going to somewhere, anywhere" booking . com commercial?

https://youtu.be/epYt5y8aV1Q
The clothing she wears makes her look even fatter.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Those jerks in their big Ram or Ram-like pickups who think they own the road, and lay on their horns whenever they don’t like your driving.

(Beeping your horn inappropriately can see you fined In Australia.)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan