Things That Annoy Me

Coffee talk.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Things That Annoy Me

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:13 pm Or scream into it like they are calling in an airstrike
I laughed way too hard at this. This is good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The dood who walked into a restaurant wearing leather straps with hooks for all of his cameras. I thought he was wearing lederhosen at first. Just screamed "look at me, imma yelper".
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Waking up on Monday morning of the second week of the NCAA tournament and realizing that there is no KU game to look forward to Thur/Fri
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

An iPhones inexcusable and horrible attempt at voice recognition. I suspect they made the software 10 years ago and never have tried to improve on it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They work very hard on improving that. Amazon, Google, Apple. Millions of dollars a year of software investment.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

An iphone’s ability to correctly type what someone says is horrid. You see it’s little algorithm change what I say to what it thinks I should say.
I work with AI. This is a bad application of AI. It would be better to just dictate rather than guessing wrong so often.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

So, there are lots of different promotions encouraging me to upgrade my 6S+ to one of the newer iPhones. There's $700 in bill credits! BOGO so Mrs. Fish can upgrade too!

Except - the promotions are only available if you add an entirely new line to your account.

THAT, friends, annoys me.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’s a conspiracy
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

People who I very much don't like who also like the same music I do.

"How can this piece of shit have good taste in music?"
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:05 am People who I very much don't like who also like the same music I do.

"How can this piece of shit have good taste in music?"
I feel this way about a lot of people on this board. Mainly gutter and sdoyel
Deleted User 89

people that don’t speed up to merge onto the highway
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:35 am people that don’t speed up to merge onto the highway
Add that to:
Going below or at the speed limit in the passing lane.
Going below the speed limit in a single lane.
No turn signal.

One of the worst things that drives me crazy is the people who, when a single lane highway has a temporary two lane for passing, and there's a line of a few cars. One of the cars decides he/she wants to go into the passing lane and just casually block everyone else from having the chance to pass.

Rules on tailgating: if the person is going well below the speed limit, i'll allow it.
If you are being tailed and you are going above the speed limit, I approve intentionally going slower than the speed limit.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:00 am Rules on tailgating: if the person is going well below the speed limit, i'll allow it.
If you are being tailed and you are going above the speed limit, I approve intentionally going slower than the speed limit.
Truer words never been typed on this bored.

But not using your blinker is a complete asshole move. If you have a car that has a functional blinker, use it. If you don't, you are a complete asshole and I hope you wreck your car every time you turn or change lanes without a blinker.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

utah drivers are definitely worse than kansas drivers
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:35 am people that don’t speed up to merge onto the highway
The worst is when people do it when the lanes don't merge...you know where two single lanes come together into a double lane, and the person still yields.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I said this after my first time dealing with LA Traffic, California drivers are really bad as well.

They always talk about this heavy traffic, but yet, I've never seen so many ride their brakes and drive conservatively than those in California, specifically southern California.

Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 am
The worst is when people do it when the lanes don't merge...you know where two single lanes come together into a double lane, and the person still yields.
similar situation just up the road from me...exiting freeway and turning right onto the cross street, which goes from two lanes to three in order to prevent people from slowing down and backing up the off-ramp. there’s even a sign saying not to slow down and merge and that the lane continues. some people suck
Deleted User 89

let’s talk merging from two lanes to one

fuck the zipper merge. it isn’t more efficient and just pisses off those of us that are actually paying attention and get over as soon as we see it’s necessary
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Merging here is always an adventure.
Merging in, everyone wants to move into the lane as fast as possible, no speed up/slow down to merge smoothly, it's bang; over as soon as the ramp ends. Nevermind there is a long acceleration lane.
Exiting is the same way but less dangerous.
People will not speed up or slow down to let you in. They just drive the same speed as if you're not there. Sometimes they speed up or slow down to keep you from merging.
I think it's because most of the highways are not divided and they're just not used to it.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was coming down a mountain pass early this morning when a semi truck was crawling <20mph when the speed limit is 45 with slow car turnouts along this pass.

Dude accumulated a dozen or so cars behind him waiting to pass.

Then when we get to a passing lane, dude is suddenly going 60.

I went 75 and honked as I passed.