Things That Annoy Me

Coffee talk.
Cascadia

Re: Things That Annoy Me

Post by Cascadia »

Oregon drivers are the worst. Bunch of defensive, scared snowflakes. The common rule in Portland is to merge onto a 55 mph highway at 38-41 mph
shindig

Post by shindig »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 am Women drivers are the worst. Bunch of defensive, scared snowflakes. The common rule in Portland is to merge onto a 55 mph highway at 38-41 mph
FYP...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I lived in Oregon, and can vouch that the drivers there are like obnoxiously timid, and just seem like they’re in their own world.

I thought it was cuz so many people there are stoned, but contrast that with Colorado, the only place I’ve lived where if you put on a signal to change lanes the other drivers will speed up in some apparent attempt to prevent you from merging in front of them.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

DC drivers are the opposite.

Everyone is more important than you are (just ask them) and so whatever they need to do, wherever they need to go, it justifies driving as if there are no rules at all.

#thunderdome
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HONKHONKHONK

speaking of driving as if there are no rules at all, tourists.

I’ve mentioned this before, but you wouldn’t believe how many folks on vacation will operate a vehicle on a public road without regard for the world around them.

Hey look y’all, a mountain! Let’s park in the middle of the highway and get out to take a selfie with it!
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

People and their cell phone addiction.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Texas driving is like NASCAR with blinkers
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:37 pm Texas driving is like NASCAR with blinkers
They use blinkers in Texas? Most in the city of Wichita have made the non-use of turn signals a smug-art form...same with littering.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Texas drivers are funny in that they'll exit the freeway through the grass. The "texit" as they say.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:44 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:37 pm Texas driving is like NASCAR with blinkers
They use blinkers in Texas? Most in the city of Wichita have made the non-use of turn signals a smug-art form...same with littering.
Not always, but when they do, they are coming over. Your position has no effect on their decision.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

lobster wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:46 pm Texas drivers are funny in that they'll exit the freeway through the grass. The "texit" as they say.
Went to a Cowboys game with my step-brother a couple years ago and got into some pretty major traffic on a highway on our way to the stadium...I noticed all these worn pathways in the grassy sections that separated the highway from the frontage roads and then noticed a bunch of pick-ups jumping the curb and taking these pathways; I was like "What the fvck?". My step-brother said "Texit".
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The car work commute is something I shed almost 2 years ago and trying my hardest to avoid it forever. So much stress/annoyance and there isn't anything we regularly do that's more dangerous.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Also, for the thread title's purpose: all of the "woke" non-Kansas Citians weighing in on the Paseo/MLK Blvd vote.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm Also, for the thread title's purpose: all of the "woke" non-Kansas Citians weighing in on the Paseo/MLK Blvd vote.
I read that the name change was supposedly a "white-led movement", but isn't the Paseo name a tip-of-the-hat to the street/avenue in Mexico City?

I don't care one way or another, but I never understood how naming a street after MLK was somehow considered a sign of respect or an honor, especially given that most MLK boulevards are in shitty parts of a lot cities.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

According to this, the people in the (mostly black) neighborhood didn't like it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/us/kansa ... index.html
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm Also, for the thread title's purpose: all of the "woke" non-Kansas Citians weighing in on the Paseo/MLK Blvd vote.
I really have no opinion on the subject, meaning I could care less what they name the street. To me, it's a freaking name. Why not call it "MLK Jr on The Paseo"? Or, what about Troost or Prospect? Or better yet, maybe a fountain?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I think I hate everything about cars. They’re one of the most expensive things we spend money on and are constantly depreciating. They sit idle for 95% of the time. They pollute (asthma, greenhouse gases, tires). A shit ton of my taxes goes to fix highways, patch roads, clear snow, and pay for police patrolling roads. A significant portion of my home and property are devoted to the car (driveway & garage). They are dangerous (in the US annually: 7M crashes, 2M injuries, 40k deaths). And as shared on these pages, they produce a lot of stress.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Right now what annoys me is people who you take to an event and you tell them what time to meet you and to please not be late - and they are late.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

My opinion is that if a boulevard needs to be named after MLK, it should be Ward Parkway.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

DrPepper wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 am I think I hate everything about cars. They’re one of the most expensive things we spend money on and are constantly depreciating. They sit idle for 95% of the time. They pollute (asthma, greenhouse gases, tires). A shit ton of my taxes goes to fix highways, patch roads, clear snow, and pay for police patrolling roads. A significant portion of my home and property are devoted to the car (driveway & garage). They are dangerous (in the US annually: 7M crashes, 2M injuries, 40k deaths). And as shared on these pages, they produce a lot of stress.
Cars are one of my favorite things in life.