Stressed millenials?

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Stressed millenials?

Post by dolomite »

“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Re: Stressed millenials?

Post by twocoach »

News flash. The life of every generation was more stressful at 22-37 than it was at any other point in their life prior to that because they were kids with zero responsibilities prior to that.

And every generation was self absorbed in their mid twenties and felt that their stresses were more than anyone else's. It's called a lack of experience and perspective.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Millennials now have small children. They (we) should be more stressed
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

they have no sense of how to operate/function in the real world

helicopter/bulldozer parents and social media

smh
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Basically, everyone who doesn't like Trump is a pussy it appears.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:29 pm they have no sense of how to operate/function in the real world

helicopter/bulldozer parents and social media

smh
All the ones I know are functioning just fine other than the standard life, job, spouse, money, kids stresses that I had at that same point in life.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, good! Some baby boomer penning some patronizing antagonistic piece about younger generations!

In other news...

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But for real this reminds me of a frequent convo I have with my dad. He lectures me and my generation about how we’re slacking cuz everyone he knew growing up owned a house by age 25, many with wages from their factory jobs, lulz.

How much of the snowflake millennial stress is socio-economic?

I know it’s sooo millennial to blame yer parents, but didn’t the boomers in many ways screw up an economy for us that was otherwise prosperous for them?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The economy is pretty gosh darn prosperous right now. No excuses. If you desire to prosper and grow this is a pretty good time to do so.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:45 pm The economy is pretty gosh darn prosperous right now. No excuses. If you desire to prosper and grow this is a pretty good time to do so.
It's prosperous for some, sucky for others. Just like always. Just depends on what your role in the economy is.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

For those whose role in the economy is to work and make a better life, this is a pretty good time to do so.

For those whose role in the economy is to do nothing cept supple up to the teet, this is a pretty good time to do so.

Who are you referring to that this is a sucky time for? Those that wanna work can work. Those that wannna supple the teet can supple the teet. Seems alright.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:51 pm Basically, everyone who doesn't like Trump is a pussy it appears.
^^^^^^^^^^
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:56 pm For those whose role in the economy is to work and make a better life, this is a pretty good time to do so.

For those whose role in the economy is to do nothing cept supple up to the teet, this is a pretty good time to do so.

Who are you referring to that this is a sucky time for? Those that wanna work can work. Those that wannna supple the teet can supple the teet. Seems alright.
There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who think there are two kinds of people in this world, and those that don't.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:56 pm For those whose role in the economy is to work and make a better life, this is a pretty good time to do so.

supple:
adjective (suppler, supplest)
bending and moving easily and gracefully; flexible: her supple fingers | figurative : my mind is becoming more supple.
• not stiff or hard; easily manipulated: this body oil leaves your skin feeling deliciously supple.
___________________________________________________________________________________

suckle:
verb [with object]
feed (a baby or young animal) from the breast or teat: a mother pig suckling a huge litter.
• [no object] (of a baby or young animal) feed by sucking the breast or teat: the infant's biological need to suckle.

teat:
| tēt |
noun
a nipple of the mammary gland of a female mammal, from which the milk is sucked by the young.
• British a thing resembling this, especially a perforated plastic bulb by which an infant or young animal can suck milk from a bottle.

teet:
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

Pretty generalistic view you have there.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Dualism at work.
Deleted User 62

defixione wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 pm Dualism at work.
Be quiet, I am trying to figure out how to supple up to the teet.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Folks that live in communities that are seeing plants close. Folks who are negatively impacted by the tariffs. It's childish to say that because the overall unemployment rate is low that everyone is doing great.

Go tell a GM worker facing plant closure that all he has to do to work is "want to".
Deleted User 62

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Folks that live in communities that are seeing plants close. Folks who are negatively impacted by the tariffs. It's childish to say that because the overall unemployment rate is low that everyone is doing great.

Go tell a GM worker facing plant closure that all he has to do to work is "want to".
Just wait until gets that sweet new gig.
Part time, no benefits, shit pay.