Carter

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Carter

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:34 am Well, i'd say there's a decent chance you are in that 22%, and if so, I most definitely would not want any help from you, for anything, ever.
Ouch. Why the hostility?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you are in that 22%, the second time ( I will forgive the first ), then yea, after seeing how he was in his first four years, why would I want help from you?*

If you aren't, then jury is still out.

*I guess if I was drowning or something and you had a life preserver, I would want help from you. But regarding advice or information on a subject, no, that's very much a hard pass forever, thank you.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:21 pm If you are in that 22%, the second time ( I will forgive the first ), then yea, after seeing how he was in his first four years, why would I want help from you?*

If you aren't, then jury is still out.

*I guess if I was drowning or something and you had a life preserver, I would want help from you. But regarding advice or information on a subject, no, that's very much a hard pass forever, thank you.
Disagreement is not a big deal, but in my book, calling someone stupid is unnecessarily hostile. That's what I was asking about.

The economy was amazing under Trump, and, as I have long said, that's really all I care about. I get that, for some, mean Tweets and the like are a big deal, but it seems more than outweighed by the positives.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you voted for Trump the second time, you are stupid.
You might be book smart, possibly nice to certain people, fun to hang out with at the bar etc. but you lack all sense of wisdom and awareness, so no, I don't need advice from that group, thanks.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:23 am Trump is easily the worst thing that this country has done to itself since slavery.

There's no debate.
Cleaned up your post a bit.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:42 pm If you voted for Trump the second time, you are stupid.
You might be book smart, possibly nice to certain people, fun to hang out with at the bar etc. but you lack all sense of wisdom and awareness, so no, I don't need advice from that group, thanks.
Well, I didn't vote for Trump the second time - I actually chose not to vote at all, since I couldn't bring myself to vote for either one, and I doubt I would vote for him this time around, unless it were a choice between him and Biden - who is demonstrably incapable of fulfilling his duties - or someone equally objectionable.

I hope whatever has got you so bent out of shape gets better soon. You're better than this.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So jury is still out then.
I didn't call you stupid - I said decent chance you voted for him, since it seems you tend to defend him here.
And your no vote at all I completely understand and have zero issue with.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:53 pm So jury is still out then.
I didn't call you stupid.
And your no vote at all I completely understand and have zero issue with.
So, "moran" is a compliment, then?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn't call you a moran.
I said there's a decent chance you could be.
It was predicated on actions in late 2020 regarding the election.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:55 pm I didn't call you a moran.
Well, I'm not, and I don't think you or anyone else here is, either, regardless of whether I agree with your political views.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if you have to tell people, and try to convince them, that you aren’t a moran…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:00 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:55 pm I didn't call you a moran.
Well, I'm not, and I don't think you or anyone else here is, either, regardless of whether I agree with your political views.
And that's fine.
I think people who voted for Trump in 2020 are morans.
We all have different opinions.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:48 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:42 pm If you voted for Trump the second time, you are stupid.
Well, I didn't vote for Trump the second time - I actually chose not to vote at all, since I couldn't bring myself to vote for either one, and I doubt I would vote for him this time around, unless it were a choice between him and Biden - who is demonstrably incapable of fulfilling his duties - or someone equally objectionable.

I hope whatever has got you so bent out of shape gets better soon. You're better than this.
"The economy was amazing under Trump, and, as I have long said, that's really all I care about. I get that, for some, mean Tweets and the like are a big deal, but it seems more than outweighed by the positives".

I'm trying to think of a respectful way to ask this.
If the economy was "amazing" under Trump and that's all you care about - and you didn't vote for Trump the 2nd time - then why wouldn't someone be right for feeling you are stupid - in that regard?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

“The Trump economy was awesome before Covid” is one of the wackier myths that millions and millions and millions of people deeply and truly believe. And that’s BEFORE you parse whether Trump could realistically take credit for whatever his policies (whatever they actually ARE) had manifested halfway through his term.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:00 pm

"The economy was amazing under Trump, and, as I have long said, that's really all I care about. I get that, for some, mean Tweets and the like are a big deal, but it seems more than outweighed by the positives".

If the economy was "amazing" under Trump and that's all you care about - and you didn't vote for Trump the 2nd time - then why wouldn't someone be right for feeling you are stupid - in that regard?
He started making stupid choices toward the end of his term. Choices that were hurting the economy, and which made his personality a lot less tolerable. I assumed he would still win, but then there was the whole ballot stuffing snafu, and here we we are three years later in just the kind of mess you’d expect.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:15 pm

He started making stupid choices toward the end of his term. Choices that were hurting the economy, and which made his personality a lot less tolerable. I assumed he would still win, but then there was the whole ballot stuffing snafu, and here we we are three years later in just the kind of mess you’d expect.
There is zero evidence of the last part of this, which undercuts the credibility of everything else you say.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:17 pm

There is zero evidence of the last part of this, which undercuts the credibility of everything else you say.
Yes.
So many times this.
If the response is something like, 'believe what you want to believe' or 'you aren't looking at the right sources' then, well, that just smashes the whole 'undercuts the credibility' statement home.

What if I was all like, 'Bill Self directly paid, out of his own bank account, Silvio De Sousa, Josh Jackson, Billy Preston and Cheick Diallo' and then when challenged, responded, 'trust me bro'.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:17 pm

Yes.
So many times this.
If the response is something like, 'believe what you want to believe' or 'you aren't looking at the right sources' then, well, that just smashes the whole 'undercuts the credibility' statement home.

What if I was all like, 'Bill Self directly paid, out of his own bank account, Silvio De Sousa, Josh Jackson, Billy Preston and Cheick Diallo' and then when challenged, responded, 'trust me bro'.
It’s fairly simple: if you need to lie (or exaggerate or mislead or whatever you want to call it) to make your point, you are pretty much admitting that your point itself isn’t all that compelling.

If the point is compelling, it can stand on its own and there is no need to obfuscate/embellish/whatever.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Last edited by MICHHAWK on Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

This thread is a perfect encapsulation of American politics today.

Oh...and BTW:

RIP, Mrs. Carter. May her memory be a blessing to her family and friends.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto