Carter

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Carter

Post by DCHawk1 »

Also, I will never not laugh at this picture.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:17 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:15 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:00 pm

"The economy was amazing under Trump, and, as I have long said, that's really all I care about. I get that, for some, mean Tweets and the like are a big deal, but it seems more than outweighed by the positives".

I'm trying to think of a respectful way to ask this.
If the economy was "amazing" under Trump and that's all you care about - and you didn't vote for Trump the 2nd time - then why wouldn't someone be right for feeling you are stupid - in that regard?
He started making stupid choices toward the end of his term. Choices that were hurting the economy, and which made his personality a lot less tolerable. I assumed he would still win, but then there was the whole ballot stuffing snafu, and here we we are three years later in just the kind of mess you’d expect.
There is zero evidence of the last part of this, which undercuts the credibility of everything else you say.
I can’t really convince someone who trusts the system to be honest, play by the rules, or do what is in the best interest of the American people. We are working from two completely different foundational premises.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:42 pm

He started making stupid choices toward the end of his term. Choices that were hurting the economy, and which made his personality a lot less tolerable. I assumed he would still win, but then there was the whole ballot stuffing snafu, and here we we are three years later in just the kind of mess you’d expect.
There is zero evidence of the last part of this, which undercuts the credibility of everything else you say.
I can’t really convince someone who trusts the system to be honest, play by the rules, or do what is in the best interest of the American people. We are working from two completely different foundational premises.
I don't disagree that we are working from two completely different foundational premises.

However, your foundational premise is based on a suspicion that has found absolutely zero legal traction - not even among Republican-appointed judges, not even among Trump-appointed judges - despite very very very smart and well-resourced people trying and trying and trying, dozens of times in dozens of places on dozens of theories.

It simply isn't, and never was, there.

This is not a difference of reasoned opinions.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Trump was and Biden is a shit POTUS. Carter was also a shit POTUS. But he's been pretty decent on the world stage doing what most see as 'positive' actions for humanity in general.

I mean, we can compare which pile of poo smells the worst, but they are all still piles of poo. I do think it's safe to say, that other than 'economic prosperity' felt by some during the Trump years, the smell of the shit things he did in office will (or have) lingered longer, and more profusely than what may come of Biden's legacy or Carter's, regardless of how you may argue Carter's issues were mitigated post-term.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Hefner, creator of the Playboy empire, died Wednesday at 91. Perhaps the most famous one-liner from the many interviews in his magazine was uttered by Democratic presidential candidate Jimmy Carter, who confessed during the run-up to the 1976 election, “I’ve looked on a lot of women with lust. I’ve committed adultery in my heart many times.”

He was just a man.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:16 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:30 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:20 am

Carter was easily the worst POTUS of my lifetime. Easily. He was living proof that one can be a good man and also be a lousy Commander in Chief.
Giggle.

I'll go with the beholden-to-Russia, wannabe-dictator reality TV star who, for political reasons, tried to wish a global pandemic out of existence and, in so doing, is responsible for hundreds of thousands of American deaths that didn't need to happen. And then tried his damnedest to block the peaceful transfer of power to a guy he knew had beat him. And who now is telling you, out loud, that if you put him back in the big chair, he will ignore the Constitution and usher in a religion-clothed autocracy.
I'm just old enough (early grade school) to remember gas lines, cold classrooms at school, and eating rice with milk for dinner during the Carter years. I also remember the complete lack of respect Iran had for the U.S. and the resulting hostage crisis that only ended when a strong POTUS came into office.

Things were really good under Trump until the plandemic. BTW, am reading The Real Anthony Fauci by RFK Jr., who is no fan of Trump. Pretty damning indictment of the powers that be and the lengths they went to to get rid of the sitting POTUS and steer money back into their own pockets.
Today In: Deeply Closeted Jew Hatred, aka. "anti-Semitism"?

More than 3 years before Carter assumed office as President in Jan of 1977, in Oct 1973, after then-President Nixon’s decision to provide Israel with $2.2 billion in emergency aid in support of the Yom Kippur War, OPEC approved an oil embargo on the U.S. This effectively shut off the exports of Arab crude oil to the U.S., followed by a series of steep production cuts in output. Before the embargo, a barrel of oil traded for around $2.90, quadrupling to $11.65 per barrel by January 1974.

But yeah, that and the resulting inflation was Carter's fault.

Or, when you consider your frequent admissions to being so selfish, is your problem with Nixon coming to the aid of one of our closest allies, Israel, triggering the embargo, and contributing to inflation?

Even before the Arab coalition led primarily by Syria and Egypt attacked Israel in '73 with the support of the Soviet Union, commodity prices had been increasing ~ 10%/year since 1970.

Was that Carter's fault, too?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:22 pm

Yes.
So many times this.
If the response is something like, 'believe what you want to believe' or 'you aren't looking at the right sources' then, well, that just smashes the whole 'undercuts the credibility' statement home.

What if I was all like, 'Bill Self directly paid, out of his own bank account, Silvio De Sousa, Josh Jackson, Billy Preston and Cheick Diallo' and then when challenged, responded, 'trust me bro'.
I’m not trying to convince you of anything. Believe what you want. It doesn’t change the truth.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:20 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:16 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:30 am

Giggle.

I'll go with the beholden-to-Russia, wannabe-dictator reality TV star who, for political reasons, tried to wish a global pandemic out of existence and, in so doing, is responsible for hundreds of thousands of American deaths that didn't need to happen. And then tried his damnedest to block the peaceful transfer of power to a guy he knew had beat him. And who now is telling you, out loud, that if you put him back in the big chair, he will ignore the Constitution and usher in a religion-clothed autocracy.
I'm just old enough (early grade school) to remember gas lines, cold classrooms at school, and eating rice with milk for dinner during the Carter years. I also remember the complete lack of respect Iran had for the U.S. and the resulting hostage crisis that only ended when a strong POTUS came into office.

Things were really good under Trump until the plandemic. BTW, am reading The Real Anthony Fauci by RFK Jr., who is no fan of Trump. Pretty damning indictment of the powers that be and the lengths they went to to get rid of the sitting POTUS and steer money back into their own pockets.
Today In: Deeply Closeted Jew Hatred, aka. "anti-Semitism"?

More than 3 years before Carter assumed office as President in Jan of 1977, in Oct 1973, after then-President Nixon’s decision to provide Israel with $2.2 billion in emergency aid in support of the Yom Kippur War, OPEC approved an oil embargo on the U.S. This effectively shut off the exports of Arab crude oil to the U.S., followed by a series of steep production cuts in output. Before the embargo, a barrel of oil traded for around $2.90, quadrupling to $11.65 per barrel by January 1974.

But yeah, that and the resulting inflation was Carter's fault.

Or, when you consider your frequent admissions to being so selfish, is your problem with Nixon coming to the aid of one of our closest allies, Israel, triggering the embargo, and contributing to inflation?

Even before the Arab coalition led primarily by Syria and Egypt attacked Israel in '73 with the support of the Soviet Union, commodity prices had been increasing ~ 10%/year since 1970.

Was that Carter's fault, too?
Carter was weak and was not respected by the rest of the world. That was ultimately the reason for the economic woes he caused.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Carter helped shut down a nuclear reactor from going critical by being lowered into the core sensor area. He gave the approval for Stealth technology. His equating human rights with foreign policy in Poland helped finish off the Soviet Union. Reagan pulled off a deal with the devil to prevent the American hostages from being released until after the election. Then sold Iran much of the technology that vexes us to this day. Weak is not Carter, but conservative grasp of reality.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:41 pm

Yes.
So many times this.
If the response is something like, 'believe what you want to believe' or 'you aren't looking at the right sources' then, well, that just smashes the whole 'undercuts the credibility' statement home.

What if I was all like, 'Bill Self directly paid, out of his own bank account, Silvio De Sousa, Josh Jackson, Billy Preston and Cheick Diallo' and then when challenged, responded, 'trust me bro'.
I’m not trying to convince you of anything. Believe what you want. It doesn’t change the truth.
Ok.
So you ARE a moran.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:20 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:41 pm

Yes.
So many times this.

Ok.
So you ARE a moran.
That’s just sad, Pdub. I thought you were better than that.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“It doesn’t change the truth.”

You said that.
With no proof.
Sorry man, call em like I see em.

Can you provide proof?
Like legitimate proof?
How do you know? Where did you learn this? Could you maybe possibly ( definitely ) consider you have been duped?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The NFL is all staged.
The players are all in on it.
They get contracts and sign NDAs and then just basically pro wrestle all season.

Trust me bro.

Believe what you want.
It doesn’t change the truth.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:33 pm “It doesn’t change the truth.”

You said that.
With no proof.
Sorry man, call em like I see em.

Can you provide proof?
Like legitimate proof?
How do you know? Where did you learn this? Could you maybe possibly ( definitely ) consider you have been duped?
I don’t care if you agree or disagree. I care about being disrespected when you disagree. I can lay out arguments and provide you with sources, but you’re not going to consider them. It’s not worth the energy.

I’ll tell you the same thing I told the Mean Girls: if you can’t extend me the same level of respect that I’m showing you, don’t talk to me. It’s not that hard.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The world is flat in the shape of a disc. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole like a spotlight. You shouldn’t be able to see skylines if the world was round.

I can layout arguments and provide you with sources but you aren’t going to consider them.

Believe what you want.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:45 pm The world is flat in the shape of a disc. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole like a spotlight. You shouldn’t be able to see skylines if the world was round.

I can layout arguments and provide you with sources but you aren’t going to consider them.

Believe what you want.
Great. Your beliefs don’t impact my life in any way and don’t justify me being rude, hateful, or belittling to you. You are welcome to them.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My belief that you are a moran for believing that the election was rigged is my belief. It doesn’t impact your life. I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just telling you what I believe.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:52 pm My belief that you are a moran for believing that the election was rigged is my belief. It doesn’t impact your life. I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just telling you what I believe.
That’s what I figured. You’re as bad as the rest of them. Maybe worse. Peace out.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

good riddance

at least psych’s iq is high enough that he knows how to read the room
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it's important to continue to call out bullshit to keep the bullshit from gaining any relevancy.
The election wasn't stolen.
If you're insisting it was and standing on a soapbox saying that only you know the real truth and then get upset when someone calls you out for it, well, that's on you.