Islamic terrorism vs, white nationalism

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Islamic terrorism vs, white nationalism

Post by dolomite »

Both are bad but why does Rashida Tlaib condem only white nationalism? I guess she forgets about 9/11. et.al.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... st_attacks

"No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith." Winston Churchill (Obama, not a fan of)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Re: Islamic terrorism vs, white nationalism

Post by defixione »

Ummmm . . . because more than 2/3s of the domestic terrorism that occurred last year were carried out by white supremacists?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:24 pm Ummmm . . . because more than 2/3s of the domestic terrorism that occurred last year were carried out by white supremacists?
So the remaining third is just to be ignored. Got it.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Maybe just addressing the most ominous threat?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:51 pm Maybe just addressing the most ominous threat?
more ominous than 9/11.
Taylor Sheridan
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

How many attacks since?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:10 pm How many attacks since?
One is too many.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:16 pm
One is too many.
NM
Last edited by Deleted User 62 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 62

Ok, I see 3 attacks attributed to Islamists since 9/11 on US soil.

Weren't there 3 attacks attributed to white nationalists in March, 19?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:16 pm
One is too many.
Name one.
LOL, now I know your pushing my buttons man, but here's just one, you asked for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_San_ ... ino_attack
Taylor Sheridan
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

That one, the nightclub in Orlando, don't recall another.
Meanwhile on the white shooter front....
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:53 pm That one, the nightclub in Orlando, don't recall another.
The one I mentioned, in San Bernadino. Ah well, I guess they don't matter.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Actually, San Bernadino terrorists were home grown violent extremists, inspired by foreign and domestic terrorist groups but not directed by any of those groups, and were not part of any terrorist cell or network.
Deleted User 62

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:21 pm Actually, San Bernadino terrorists were home grown violent extremists, inspired by foreign and domestic terrorist groups but not directed by any of those groups, and were not part of any terrorist cell or network.
Ummm, were they brown?
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Geezer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:53 pm That one, the nightclub in Orlando, don't recall another.
It's not that they don't matter. It's that they are fairly small in numbers compared to the actions of some right wing radicals.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:44 pm
defixione wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:24 pm Ummmm . . . because more than 2/3s of the domestic terrorism that occurred last year were carried out by white supremacists?
We did something in the days/years following, such as enhanced screening, taking shoes off at the airport etc. What have we done about white nationalists stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

San Bernardino
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:21 pm Actually, San Bernadino terrorists were home grown violent extremists, inspired by foreign and domestic terrorist groups but not directed by any of those groups, and were not part of any terrorist cell or network.
The same applied to the white supremacists, who pioneered the "cell" organization that al Qaeda studied and sought to duplicate.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:05 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:58 pm
It's not that they don't matter. It's that they are fairly small in numbers compared to the actions of some right wing radicals.
This is just bullshit.

The overwhelming majority of hate crimes in this country are carried out against one people and are notably NOT carried out by anyone associated with "the Right."
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:27 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:44 pm
We did something in the days/years following, such as enhanced screening, taking shoes off at the airport etc. What have we done about white nationalists stocking up on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines?
This is the same bullshit that was peddled in the 1990s -- when it was my job to follow it. It was untrue then, and it's equally untrue now. Most of it -- then and now -- is based exaggerated data created specifically for the purpose of raising funds by one organization, featured, interestingly enough, in the "feel good story of the year!"