Royals

Other Sports.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Royals

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah that's true. For some reason, I thought this was his last year under club control.

On a side note. Went to the Royals/Angels game a week ago Sunday. A good 5-1 win. Duffy pitched well. The Royals are fun to watch. Their pitching just stinks.

The infield of Gutierrez, Mondesi, Lopez and Dozier is going to be really good for years to come. Nicky and Mondesi in the middle are smooth fielders. Fun to watch.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hey Newton, our 2 year old granddaughter saw her first Royals game that day. My son said only 26 more years for her to wait for a championship.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gore is a complete waste of roster space. He must be close to a record for being picked off.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 pm Gore is a complete waste of roster space. He must be close to a record for being picked off.
Gore does not belong on a regular season roster.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

.788 OPS is 5th on the team!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Having a triple and a double among your ten hits will do that for a guy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gore, Duda and Owings should be gone this summer.

Get Bubba, Bonifacio and Gutierrez/Cuthbert up here and let them get some time.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Geezer wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:31 pm Hey Newton, our 2 year old granddaughter saw her first Royals game that day. My son said only 26 more years for her to wait for a championship.
Angels have a decent stadium and it was a beautiful day. 67 or something along those lines and sun shining plenty.

On a side note, Trout is fun to watch in person. Made a nice catch against the wall, didn't have a bad AB and the fans there love him.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:49 am Gore, Duda and Owings should be gone this summer.

Get Bubba, Bonifacio and Gutierrez/Cuthbert up here and let them get some time.
Agree completely. Also some pitching.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:51 am
Geezer wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:31 pm Hey Newton, our 2 year old granddaughter saw her first Royals game that day. My son said only 26 more years for her to wait for a championship.
Angels have a decent stadium and it was a beautiful day. 67 or something along those lines and sun shining plenty.

On a side note, Trout is fun to watch in person. Made a nice catch against the wall, didn't have a bad AB and the fans there love him.
Angels have a decent stadium but my goodness is Anaheim terrible.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, thankfully the area we were in was OK. Close to Disneyland. We showed up to the game a few minutes late and still got parking maybe a 5 minute walk to the stadium. They have a ton of parking there.

But that was my first time going to a game with the Royals as the visiting team. So that was cool, wanted lower seats to maybe be on TV for the Royals side, but upper deck tickets was a much better deal (4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks for $60)

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Billy is a friend of a friend. He thinks he's gone.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:59 pm Billy is a friend of a friend. He thinks he's gone.
Considering he's been hitting a bit better as of late, he's definitely gone. Some team will need a baserunner come playoff time.

That's what the Royals wanted when they signed him, and that's what they'll get. A prospect for an expiring 1-year contract.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Owings DFA. Cuthbert up

thebones

Post by thebones »

Fucking Duffy. Gives up six runs. I'm not convinced the guy hasn't given up substances. His face just has that coked-out look.

And he had a massive dip going on. Didn't the league ban chew during games?

I watch every game, each night, but I'm frustrated and incensed to the point of reading literature instead.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Duffy is one in a very long line of headcase pitchers in the system.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Rangers threw out shit pitching and the Royals found a way to lose the series. 24K in 21 innings at one point. Zero walks. The coaching, effort and GM all suck at once. Bring up kids. The fear they tanked their future on reckless trades has come to pass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Royals are in a great spot today. Can't possibly screw up the pick (unless they get clever and try to play slot games).
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

BW2
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Did we win yet?