Contributor

Re: Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Post by jhawks99 »

No it isn't. Top 5 maybe.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:58 am Yeah, sure, sincere in the sense they sincerely think their belief is sincerely held, particularly for average Joes.

But at the same time, how many “pro-life” average Joes are also some combination of pro-gun, pro-war, pro-capital punishment, anti-healthcare reform, and any other number of things that seem to contradict a belief that all life is sacred, just like you said! Their “pro-life” argument starts and ends at birth.

And sure, I’m sure some wealthy elites sincerely believe they are pro-life, according to whatever way they choose to define it. But I also think that for many wealthy elites, at some point the only issue they really care about is their own wealth…or perhaps rather, every other issue is viewed through the lens of their own wealth.

So even if they feel sincerely “pro-life,” and even if they don’t consciously come out and say it, the whole pro-life movement may be more about some kinda economic exploitation than it is about protecting life.
That's a broad brush you've got there!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s like you just keep reiterating my original post this morning.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its like Bob Ross....his broad strokes look like a complete messand you think that no way in hell is that going to be anything. But soon, im sure, he'll come in with narrow strokes and happy trees and we'll see his beautifully created landscape
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont even know what we're talking about, i just saw an opportunity to talk about Bob Ross and took it
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

I always loved those happy little trees!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:11 am No it isn't. Top 5 maybe.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The best part about Bob Ross is his super chill demeanor.

Then you learn he was like a drill sergeant, and when he ended that chapter, he promised he’d never raise his voice again.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's not even top 5 dumist on this site until lobbie posts in it.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

On that note, maybe it’s a good day to bump the half donuts thread.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:22 am It's not even top 5 dumist on this site until lobbie posts in it.
This is lobster level conspiracy shit, mixed with Illannoy being the voice of reason.

Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:25 am
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:22 am It's not even top 5 dumist on this site until lobbie posts in it.
This is lobster level conspiracy shit, mixed with Illannoy being the voice of reason.
I am always the voice of reason around here. 🥴
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 am Its like Bob Ross....his broad strokes look like a complete messand you think that no way in hell is that going to be anything. But soon, im sure, he'll come in with narrow strokes and happy trees and we'll see his beautifully created landscape
ever see the episode/s where he had a pet squirrel?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 am
TDub wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 am Its like Bob Ross....his broad strokes look like a complete messand you think that no way in hell is that going to be anything. But soon, im sure, he'll come in with narrow strokes and happy trees and we'll see his beautifully created landscape
ever see the episode/s where he had a pet squirrel?
Haha. Yes
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How is it a conspiracy?

Do you feel the pro-life movement is sincere?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

On both sides of any issue.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:33 am
On both sides of any issue.
Well, when goal posts keep moving, you never know which side you'll end up on.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:02 am so last night I heard an interesting angle on the whole pro-life thing:

It’s mostly about maintaining cheap labor.

Sure, maybe some average Joes really do care about pro-life. But to the conservative economic elites, it’s about the working class being too busy raising kids to pursue education and realize the value of their labor.

Cuz the whole “pro-life” thing, as has been mentioned, is not so much about protecting life and lives, so much as it is just about forced-birth radicalism.

It’s painting with a broad brush, and there are inevitable exceptions and whatnot. But I’m more inclined to accept some underlying economic motivation, than I am able to believe the “pro-life” movement as it is currently aligned really is that concerned about fetuses.
Oh my god.

So i finally decided to read back through this instead of just talking about Bob Ross.

This is probably the dumbest fucking comment on this site. Seriously. Good god, this might take the lead from "Fry cookers have a tougher more stressful job than the CEO"
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pro-life, imo, is the worst kind of virtue signaling due to the hypocrisies that inevitably come out after birth
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub, does the pro-life movement strike you as sincere?

(This would be a lot more fun if you guys made the effort to contribute something more substantive than petty personal attacks.)