Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Post by Deleted User 863 »

🤣🤣🤣

You know better than to go back and read this stuff TDub!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:36 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:02 am so last night I heard an interesting angle on the whole pro-life thing:

It’s mostly about maintaining cheap labor.

Sure, maybe some average Joes really do care about pro-life. But to the conservative economic elites, it’s about the working class being too busy raising kids to pursue education and realize the value of their labor.

Cuz the whole “pro-life” thing, as has been mentioned, is not so much about protecting life and lives, so much as it is just about forced-birth radicalism.

It’s painting with a broad brush, and there are inevitable exceptions and whatnot. But I’m more inclined to accept some underlying economic motivation, than I am able to believe the “pro-life” movement as it is currently aligned really is that concerned about fetuses.
Oh my god.

So i finally decided to read back through this instead of just talking about Bob Ross.

This is probably the dumbest fucking comment on this site. Seriously. Good god, this might take the lead from "Fry cookers have a tougher more stressful job than the CEO"
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I know. I shouldve stuck with Bob Ross
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am TDub, does the pro-life movement strike you as sincere?

(This would be a lot more fun if you guys made the effort to contribute something more substantive than petty personal attacks.)
There are probably some devout religious people whose feelings on the topic are sincere but they seem to be a tiny portion of the Pro-Life argument.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:43 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am TDub, does the pro-life movement strike you as sincere?

(This would be a lot more fun if you guys made the effort to contribute something more substantive than petty personal attacks.)
There are probably some devout religious people whose feelings on the topic are sincere but they seem to be a tiny portion of the Pro-Life argument.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You knew hear?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

You guys seriously don't know any non religious people who are pro life?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Me?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 am

You knew hear?
My favorite part is how quickly they go MIA when actually asked about anything.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:53 am

You knew hear?
Seriously how can anyone really respond to what you presented in your original post?

That people aren't actually pro life, they are all pro cheap labor? That's about as Q as it gets.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Itd be a lot more constructive if you didnt spew out total blathering nonsense.

What it is i dont pretend to know. What it isnt is some sort of grand scheme to ensure future cheap labor force. That is absurd and not worthy of a a continued discussion.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MIA? paper airplanes?
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:55 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:53 am

You knew hear?
Seriously how can anyone really respond to what you presented in your original post?

That people aren't actually pro life, they are all pro cheap labor? That's about as Q as it gets.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am pro-life, imo, is the worst kind of virtue signaling due to the hypocrisies that inevitably come out after birth
Nothing wrong with this opinion. I'm certainly and unequivocally pro choice, particularly in certain circumstances. But you need to calm down Qusdahl.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Qusdahl! I am fucking dying right now. 😆
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am pro-life, imo, is the worst kind of virtue signaling due to the hypocrisies that inevitably come out after birth
Nothing wrong with this opinion. I'm certainly and unequivocally pro choice, particularly in certain circumstances. But you need to calm down Qusdahl.
you don’t see anything wrong with the hypocrisy of viewing life as sacred while in the womb, but then letting that ideal go out the door after birth?

and i know that doesn’t describe all pro-lifers

for me, i just don’t think abortion should be used as a means of birth control...i’m proud-choice, but generally anti-abortion
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man. Even illy says my posts aren’t worth responding to.

And yet, look at all the responses I get!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:13 am
you don’t see anything wrong with the hypocrisy of viewing life as sacred while in the womb, but then letting that ideal go out the door after birth?

and i know that doesn’t describe all pro-lifers

for me, i just don’t think abortion should be used as a means of birth control...i’m proud-choice, but generally anti-abortion
I was agreeing with you.
Just Ledoux it