Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Ugh.
Deleted User 289

Re: Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Define "birth control". Aborting a fetus controls a birth.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

U.S. Executes Dustin Higgs In 13th And Final Execution Under Trump Administration

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/16/95755956 ... nistration
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Ridiculous but goes right along with the surge in gross legislation from the Right. Also seeing a surge in anti-LGBTQ+ bills as well.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

It’s Utah.

Kansas is poised to pass a Constitutional amendment stating there is no constitutional right to an abortion, responding to a 4-3 court ruling that there is one.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa there, Arkansas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

gonna have a run on coat-hangers
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so last night I heard an interesting angle on the whole pro-life thing:

It’s mostly about maintaining cheap labor.

Sure, maybe some average Joes really do care about pro-life. But to the conservative economic elites, it’s about the working class being too busy raising kids to pursue education and realize the value of their labor.

Cuz the whole “pro-life” thing, as has been mentioned, is not so much about protecting life and lives, so much as it is just about forced-birth radicalism.

It’s painting with a broad brush, and there are inevitable exceptions and whatnot. But I’m more inclined to accept some underlying economic motivation, than I am able to believe the “pro-life” movement as it is currently aligned really is that concerned about fetuses.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

LOL

That's what it's "mostly" about?

Where are you getting your "news" from?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hippie chicks?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Does the pro-life movement strike you as sincere?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:27 amHippie chicks?
I am sure your theory is right for some people and wrong for many others. That is a person specific topic. I do not think it is some grand conspiracy for cheap labor. Lots of pro life people in my area and that is a reason i have never heard mentioned a single time. So there's that. Seems pretty far fetched to me, but to each their own.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:28 am Does the pro-life movement strike you as sincere?
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

Usually yes, even if i disagree with them and their beliefs / the logic behind some of the main stream arguments / the hypocrisy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:30 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:28 am Does the pro-life movement strike you as sincere?
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

Usually yes, even if i disagree with them and their beliefs / the logic behind some of the main stream arguments / the hypocrisy.
so they’re sincere even when they’re hypocritical?
Deleted User 863

Yes?

Some of the hypocrisy (that i was thinking of) comes when a pro life person about abortion isn't very empathetic to people already born. Why does pro life stop at the moment of birth? That would be my question for them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You make em sound kinda insincere.

Almost like they’re not “pro-life” so much as they are “forced birth,” and almost as if there’s some ulterior motives at play here…

where have I heard this one before?
Deleted User 863

I think the majority of people are sincere in general. But i know we are supposed to hate whoever we view as the "other side".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, sure, sincere in the sense they sincerely think their belief is sincerely held, particularly for average Joes.

But at the same time, how many “pro-life” average Joes are also some combination of pro-gun, pro-war, pro-capital punishment, anti-healthcare reform, and any other number of things that seem to contradict a belief that all life is sacred, just like you said! Their “pro-life” argument starts and ends at birth.

And sure, I’m sure some wealthy elites sincerely believe they are pro-life, according to whatever way they choose to define it. But I also think that for many wealthy elites, at some point the only issue they really care about is their own wealth…or perhaps rather, every other issue is viewed through the lens of their own wealth.

So even if they feel sincerely “pro-life,” and even if they don’t consciously come out and say it, the whole pro-life movement may be more about some kinda economic exploitation than it is about protecting life.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.