Awesome.
Deleted User 863

Re: Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:28 pm John Lewis would be proud

good trouble
Proud of imaginary handcuffs?

🤣🤣🤣

Mentioning AOC and John Lewis in the same breath is laughable (and frankly disrespectful to John Lewis). You fell for the okiedok.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dangit illy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what’s funny is i couldn’t really care less about AOC (and wasn’t referring to her)

but that doesn’t matter to dumb dumb
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

hmmm…

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna38956

Seventeen lawmakers were arrested at the demonstration near the Supreme Court, according to U.S. Capitol Police.

Among those arrested were Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Carolyn Maloney of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, Cori Bush of Missouri, Veronica Escobar of Texas, Jackie Speier and Barbara Lee of California, and Ayanna Pressley and Katherine Clark of Massachusetts. The lawmakers said they were engaging in an act of civil disobedience.

Speier, 72, said in a statement that she had “never been arrested before, but I can hear the late, great Congressman John Lewis imploring me to ‘make some noise and get in good trouble.’”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

She can hear dead people?

Sounds about right.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:30 am She can hear dead people?

Sounds about right.
I think you actually enjoy setting yourself up for rightful ridicule and suffer from gelotophilia.
Amiright?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:40 am

Sounds about right.
I think you actually enjoy setting yourself up for rightful ridicule and suffer from gelotophilia.
Amiright?
Not really, but I learned a new word today. So thanks gutter!

I think AOC is a clown. I think fake handcuffs for the cameras and made for TV arrests = clown show.

I do agree with their cause though. I do not agree with some abortions being illegal in certain states.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:13 am

Sounds about right.
Amiright?

I think AOC is a clown. I think fake handcuffs for the cameras and made for TV arrests = clown show.

I do agree with their cause though. I do not agree with some abortions being illegal in certain states.
Think, know, feel, whatever. In some ways I agree she's a clown.
In others, I feel she is well intentioned and SOMETIMES I agree with her.

I'm curious, I'm not trying to come up with a whataboutism but I'm wondering what you "think" of people such as MTG and Boebert and how often you express it publicly.

Anyway/s, let's get back to AOC and "fake handcuffs".
Her words.... “If I was faking that, why would I intentionally first pump somebody? It’s so silly.”

You and I and many/most others may feel she was faking being in handcuffs but.....Do we know for a FACT she was faking being in handcuffs? She probably was but I can't prove it.
Do we know if she was told to put her hands behind her back? She probably wasn't but I can't prove for a fact if she was or wasn't.
Regardless, it's probably not as uncommon as we may think - for people to put their hands behind their backs when being "detained" by law enforcement. Sort of as an expression of I'm complying and not resisting.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:45 am

Amiright?

I'm curious, I'm not trying to come up with a whataboutism but I'm wondering what you "think" of people such as MTG and Boebert and how often you express it publicly.

Her words.... “If I was faking that, why would I intentionally first pump somebody? It’s so silly.”

You and I and many/most others may feel she was faking being in handcuffs but.....Do we know for a FACT she was faking being in handcuffs? She probably was but I can't prove it.
Do we know if she was told to put her hands behind her back? She probably wasn't but I can't prove for a fact if she was or wasn't.
Regardless, it's probably not as uncommon as we may think - for people to put their hands behind their backs when being "detained" by law enforcement. Sort of as an expression of I'm complying and not resisting.
"Regardless, it's probably not as uncommon as we may think - for people to put their hands behind their backs when being "detained" by law enforcement. Sort of as an expression of I'm complying and not resisting."

That is exactly what I would do in that situation. There is no chance I would want to walk in my regular manner and risk having my hand accidentally brush a police officer. Hell, even the natural motion of your arm swinging away from the officer could be escalated to "they were trying to resist arrest and get away from me". They would be perfectly within their right to state that they felt I was making a move for their weapon and to forcibly escalate the situation or worse. Your best bet for not having that situation escalated by an overly zealous officer is over the top compliance and submission.

But people who have a problem with her will always see it through that lens and always assume her intentions were for attention. Such is life.
Deleted User 863

She got a $50 fine.

They stopped traffic for a whopping 20 entire minutes.

Good trouble.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:33 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:45 am

"Regardless, it's probably not as uncommon as we may think - for people to put their hands behind their backs when being "detained" by law enforcement. Sort of as an expression of I'm complying and not resisting."

That is exactly what I would do in that situation. There is no chance I would want to walk in my regular manner and risk having my hand accidentally brush a police officer. Hell, even the natural motion of your arm swinging away from the officer could be escalated to "they were trying to resist arrest and get away from me". They would be perfectly within their right to state that they felt I was making a move for their weapon and to forcibly escalate the situation or worse. Your best bet for not having that situation escalated by an overly zealous officer is over the top compliance and submission.

But people who have a problem with her will always see it through that lens and always assume her intentions were for attention. Such is life.
Looks like it was exactly what I thought it was.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-de ... rt-protest

"Putting your hands behind your back is a best practice while detained, handcuffed or not, to avoid escalating charges like resisting arrest."

The rules regarding resisting a police office are especially stringent in D.C. AOC was wise to do nothing that could be considered resistance.

https://revealnews.org/article/dcs-assa ... itics-say/
Deleted User 863

The spin doctors are working overtime on this one. Tells me all I need to know.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait times at Colorado abortion clinics hit 2 weeks as out-of-state patients strain system

https://www.cpr.org/2022/07/28/colorado ... mes-spike/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also, does anyone who reads this bored still actually live in KS any more?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-e ... -rcna40054
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If you’re registered in KS, hope you vote today