Self Made

Kansas Basketball.
JayhawkInIowa726

Re: Self Made

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

I’m there. Woulda been down a lot more than 22 without little.

Landen Lucas has looked super slow. Compared to how slow he looked in college. Can’t board. Can’t defend.

Looks like toast.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Tyshawn had on long sleeves and put on short sleeves LOL
JayhawkInIowa726

Face ass not playing releford nearly enough. Travis the only one to really get the crowd going at the end of 1st Q
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, not impressed with Brady’s coaching.

They had a mic on the huddle there and he’s just like, “sooo let’s, uhh, run a play for, uhh Elijah?”
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Brady is faceASS!
My mother could have coached this team as well (I mean poorly) as he did.

Unfortunately this pretty much set the tone for the evening.
href="https://t.co/Mcr8suTwzL">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Hayden Kyle Barber (@HK_Barber) <a href="https://twitter.com/HK_Barber/status/11 ... Etfw">July 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Last edited by Deleted User 266 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Pretty embarrassing. Glad no one will pay attention.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Losing Ellis was the buzz kill. As was Fran
Deleted User 266

Kansas City Kansas Community College sure got themselves a heck of an assistant coach this week.
Last edited by Deleted User 266 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 266

Where is the meltdown thread?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I watched about a minute. We look awful.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What is this thread about?
Self Made?
Deleted User 276

Post by Deleted User 276 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:37 pm Yeah, not impressed with Brady’s coaching.

They had a mic on the huddle there and he’s just like, “sooo let’s, uhh, run a play for, uhh Elijah?”
You can't be serious. Must be one of "those guys" that hate Brady more than is deserved.

At least 2 or 3 times the announcers mentioned we were running too many plays....so obviously Brady was doing more coaching than the other coach (whose team didn't even practice).

Brady had Brennan and Case both on this team. Both who have worked under Self. It most definitely wasn't coaching. It was the fact the other team probably made 10 more 3s than us, and we really had no shooters. We were slow on defense. Took it to the hole weak. Etc.

Cool idea for a team. Bad roster. Case and Landen are probably not on the level of a lot of these guys, and especially the teams that'll eventually be in the final 4-8 type range.

:-( better luck next year..I was hoping for a deep run
JayhawkInIowa726

At the game the obvious thing is you need youth and energy in this thing. Truth told, KU’s team was too old.

Sideline cancer much younger (same with the Iowa team playing now).

Hard to put together a younger KU team though when most are still chasing the NBA dream.

I couldn’t think of a lot of younger players we should’ve had on the squad off the top of my head.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If I’m Perry’s Japan team, I’d be pretty pissed. Wouldn’t be a shock if they invalidate his contract.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Former University of Kansas basketball forward Perry Ellis suffered a torn patellar tendon in his right knee in the opening moments of Self Made’s 87-63 loss to Sideline Cancer in The Basketball Tournament on Thursday at Koch Arena in Ellis’ hometown of Wichita.

Ellis told The Star late Thursday night he indeed has a torn patellar tendon and faces surgery sometime next week.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:40 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:37 pm Yeah, not impressed with Brady’s coaching.

You can't be serious. Must be one of "those guys" that hate Brady more than is deserved.

At least 2 or 3 times the announcers mentioned we were running too many plays....so obviously Brady was doing more coaching than the other coach (whose team didn't even practice).

Brady had Brennan and Case both on this team. Both who have worked under Self. It most definitely wasn't coaching. It was the fact the other team probably made 10 more 3s than us, and we really had no shooters. We were slow on defense. Took it to the hole weak. Etc.

Cool idea for a team. Bad roster. Case and Landen are probably not on the level of a lot of these guys, and especially the teams that'll eventually be in the final 4-8 type range.

:-( better luck next year..I was hoping for a deep run
Yes, he/she can be serious. When they showed him during the game and interviewed him - Brady seemed to be pretty much clueless.
Sure, he was an Assistant at Texas Wesleyan and they had success but there is a reason why he's now an ASSISTANT at a COMMUNITY COLLEGE. I could get a gig as an assistant at a community college and I never played HS ball let alone for KU.
You said he was coaching more than the other coach. BINGO. Can you tell us how his coaching helped the team? What did he do to help the team more than you would/could have?

I'll tell you some "facts" (other than what you mentioned) why we lost the game.
They out rebounded us, had more fast break points, more steals, 6 blocks to our 0, more second chance points, more fast break points, more points in the paint, more points from turnovers, and yes, the other team made 6 more 3s in 9 more attempts than us.
T2 who was drafted and played NBA ball, and perhaps should have been our most important player, was a game worst -30. Many reasons why the other team won and we lost but another fact is, Brady Morningstar coached the team and they lost. As I often say, if people want to give guys such as Self credit when they win, they should also place blame when they lose.

Of course I am being overly harsh for dramatic affect but let's call a spade a spade.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

gutman wrote:I could get a gig as an assistant at a community college and I never played HS ball let alone for KU.
Doubtful.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:18 am If I’m Perry’s Japan team, I’d be pretty pissed. Wouldn’t be a shock if they invalidate his contract.
Depends a lot on what was in contract. Surely he had to clear it with them before playing. But even then, I’m sure they aren’t happy.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 266

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:28 am
gutman wrote:I could get a gig as an assistant at a community college and I never played HS ball let alone for KU.
Doubtful.
Not "doubtful". Connections help but I might not even have to rely on them.

As far as getting a gig as an assistant at a Community College, maybe not as an assistant head coach but I am pretty sure could get a job holding a dry erase board and telling kids what time to get on a bus.
Heck, I'm not saying I could land an "assistant coach" job at a major university but I am fairly confident I could get at least a piddly job. Through "connections".
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Did not watch, but just now hearing we were beat by cancer? I mean, of all the things these guys were beat by in their careers, this is by far the most understandable.