Game Of Thrones

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:17 pm I have to believe that there is more to the brann stark/3 eyed raven storyline that what we were given last night.

There has to be.
Are you saying that you're fine with last night's episode on the assumption that there's another shoe to drop on that plotline?

I don't know why you'd give the show that much credit. It is simply not plausible that an uber-demon who has been thinking about this for 6,000 years (and who, mind you, has the wherewithal/luck/alchemy skill to have dragon-grade chains lying around) falling for a trap that could have been pulled from a random episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:24 pm Are you saying that you're fine with last night's episode on the assumption that there's another shoe to drop on that plotline?
Yes. I am fine with last nights episode even if we never see the 3 eyed raven again.

It's time to move on and deal with the real bitch of westeros and the world. Because obviously cersei is smarter than the night king.

Someone had to win the battle at winterfell. Someone had to lose the battle at winterfell. I am glad it was the living.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I was in total awe of the stealthy and acrobatic attack on the Night King. A "fumble" for the win.

https://youtu.be/7NkjEm5Nsq8
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

When the sun comes up and the smoke clears, be curious to see what kind of army is left at winterfell to deal with the queen B.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:19 pm He's actually cersie.
Some people say Cersei is "hotter than a two dollar pistol".

'People Thought I Was Less Of An Actress Because I Didn't Get My T*ts Out': Lena Headey Slams Body Double Critics

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

had no idea a body double was used
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:09 pm
There is the not-very-fun possibility that the show lost its fastball for good when it surpassed the source material.
Bingo; around season 5 it's like Sussmayr valiantly trying to finish the Mozart Requiem, albeit with a first rate conductor and orchestra.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:24 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:17 pm I have to believe that there is more to the brann stark/3 eyed raven storyline that what we were given last night.

There has to be.
Are you saying that you're fine with last night's episode on the assumption that there's another shoe to drop on that plotline?

I don't know why you'd give the show that much credit. It is simply not plausible that an uber-demon who has been thinking about this for 6,000 years (and who, mind you, has the wherewithal/luck/alchemy skill to have dragon-grade chains lying around) falling for a trap that could have been pulled from a random episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
fish I find I enjoy the show much more when I shut my brain off, watch the spectacle and treat it like fan fiction.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
abyrain

Post by abyrain »

Guys, I don't get. Was the main villain REALLY killed not in the last episode? And no explanation. What was his motivation? He literally did not say a word for the entire series lol
So what characters are going to do the next 3 episodes? I do not see Cersei as the main villain of the show. I read books, and Cersei is one of the most stupid characters there
abyrain

Post by abyrain »

Also their battle tactics were really poor. Knowing fire was a great weapon, why did the defenders of the wall not have any burning oil to pour on the attackers? No logs, rocks to throw down on the walker "ladders"?
The defenders really needed to have played some TW games before planning this defense.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

shoulda just made armor for the dragons
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Good point!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Real bummer for the translator lady.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am
jhawks99 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:38 am wth is up with Bran? They devoted a lot of screen time to him just sitting there.

And I know it was a battle at night, but I spent the majority of time trying to figure out who was getting killed and is that the zombie dragon.

Pretty cool that there is a zombie dragon though.
*SPOILERS - THOUGH THAT SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY HERE*

Obviously it's possible for there to be some sort of reversal (perhaps the show ends with a dead Cersei opening an ice-blue eye), but I think the resolution of the entire Night King/winter-is-coming arc was dissatisfying and dumb. We spend the entire show working on a fundamental problem of ultimately-petty human squabbles obscuring the real existential threat that's out there...only to have the existential threat perfunctorily (and - stupidly) dismissed?

It reminds a lot of Lost, when the show just sort of got tired of the thornier plot elements, and punted on them in a rushed final season.
THIS.
Unless Bran has an all of a sudden twist in how the story works out, his whole path is diminished.
And the Night King just walks up and dies by Arya?

The battle v the White Walkers should have been more of a thing then this skirmish with Cersei.
Meh.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, boom, fearsome dragon dead from some harpoons on a ship.

Also why didn't Dany just make another swoop and attack all those ships from the rear/sides?
They were trapped in a cove/line and wouldn't have been able to turn in time - those harpoon guns can't shoot through sails.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I was waiting for Danny to turn and fire as well.
Also, why didn't Cersei just kill everyone in the last scene? Or is that next week's first scene?
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cersei hires Bronn to kill Tyrion and Jamie.
Tyrion walks up to the gates within range of arrows and she's all, nah, imma let him live, again.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Bah humbug. Was on the fence after Season 6-7, and now I'm off it. Where do I get my Chapter 11-F form? I'd like to declare fan bankruptcy.
I've had it with this show. Yes at mile 26 of the marathon I quit the race. I will watch the rest with no emotion for the characters and story that I loved. It was supposed to be a glorious adaptation of GRRM's novels but because he inexplicably chooses to not finish things, it is just aimless TV writer schlock now.