2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
Cascadia

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Cascadia »

They are in court based on an accusation.

A kid was removed based on an accusation
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That the judge found credible and ruled on against mom and dad.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

A credible accusation is not a fact
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:18 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm I don't think it is implausible.
I think it very well be shitty.
And if you're gonna be a dick ( your first comment ) then I will too - ya'all sure are some shitty lawyers with all this presumption.
I'm just being honest - you seem to tie yourself up in knots to make yourself feel better about supporting institutions that take advantage of kids/young adults (and predominantly black/poor ones at that), or about teams that employ people responsible for their kid's broken arm, where it suits your rooting interest.

I'm aware that there's something very hypocritical about me buying KU tickets despite my feelings about amateurism, or Chiefs tickets despite them employing Hill. But at least I'm honest about it, with myself and otherwise.
Then i'm just being honest too.
You are ( currently ) being a dick and you ( currently ) seem like a shitty lawyer.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:20 pm
And if you're gonna be a dick ( your first comment ) then I will too - ya'all sure are some shitty lawyers with all this presumption.
I'm just being honest - you seem to tie yourself up in knots to make yourself feel better about supporting institutions that take advantage of kids/young adults (and predominantly black/poor ones at that), or about teams that employ people responsible for their kid's broken arm, where it suits your rooting interest.

I'm aware that there's something very hypocritical about me buying KU tickets despite my feelings about amateurism, or Chiefs tickets despite them employing Hill. But at least I'm honest about it, with myself and otherwise.
Ugh.....come on man. Enough with the underhanded racism claims
It's obnoxious.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If amateurism is wrong, then it is undeniably disproportionately wrong toward groups other than affluent white people.

Does supporting amateurism, then, make one a racist? I think maybe that's a bridge too far, but one doesn't help oneself here by denying the disproportionate effects of the system.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:28 pm A credible accusation is not a fact
I don't think that will get Tyreek's kid back.

The judge (the adjudicator in these courts) ruled against him and thinks his kid is not safe around him and believes DCF's version of events which is that one or both of mom and dad are responsible.That's all fact.

You're going down a slope of "it's not fact the he killed her even though he was convicted of her murder." Perhaps so, but what are the overwhelming odds here?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Then i'm just being honest too.
You are ( currently ) being a dick and you ( currently ) seem like a shitty lawyer.
It's here I'd remind you that I'm not being anyone's lawyer. I have no dog in the fight.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:33 pm

If amateurism is wrong, then it is undeniably disproportionately wrong toward groups other than affluent white people.

Does supporting amateurism, then, make one a racist? I think maybe that's a bridge too far, but one doesn't help oneself here by denying the disproportionate effects of the system.
I don’t know if anyone disagrees with this.

Just stop inferring that other people are racist just because they don’t agree with you. It’s unbecoming
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:34 pm

The judge (the adjudicator in these courts) ruled against him and thinks his kid is not safe around him and believes DCF's version of events which is that one or both of mom and dad are responsible.That's all fact.

You're going down a slope of "it's not fact the he killed her even though he was convicted of her murder." Perhaps so, but what are the overwhelming odds here?
I’ll bet you a steak/sushi dinner and whiskey the next time your in PDX that Tyreek Hill gets his kid back
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:37 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:34 pm

I’ll bet you a steak/sushi dinner and whiskey the next time your in PDX that Tyreek Hill gets his kid back
I haven't said anything to the contrary. I genuinely hope he does and think he absolutely should provided he participate in the services he likely needs.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Also, back to semi football related, I don't know why I didn't think about this until now, but because Tyreek's son is in the custody of the state of Kansas (DCF), he's going to have a hard time getting his kid back if he moves out of state.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Just stop inferring that other people are racist just because they don’t agree with you. It’s unbecoming
I didn't introduce that word into this conversation.

What I said - and what you don't seem to disagree with - is that amateurism is disproportionately bad toward black/poor kids. And I don't think anyone would disagree that pwhit supports amateurism.

Of course I don't think pwhit is actively racist. I do think that he is wrong (though well-meaning and genuine) in considering amateurism to be fair, and in being wrong about that, he necessarily turns a blind eye toward the disproportionate effects amateurism has on black/poor kids.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 pm
Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:35 pm

I didn't introduce that word into this conversation.

What I said - and what you don't seem to disagree with - is that amateurism is disproportionately bad toward black/poor kids. And I don't think anyone would disagree that pwhit supports amateurism.

Of course I don't think pwhit is actively racist. I do think that he is wrong (though well-meaning and genuine) in considering amateurism to be fair, and in being wrong about that, he necessarily turns a blind eye toward the disproportionate effects amateurism has on black/poor kids.

I’m sorry if you don’t see this, but one of your common moves when you get frustrated is to play the underhanded racism card. Honestly, it’s without question your worst quality as a poster
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm certain there's a laundry list of ways/things you ( JFish ) support or believe that could be twisted into making you actively/inactively racist.
I don't know whether your consistent implications are more insulting to me or embarrassing for you.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I PM'd cascadia on this (and am happy to do so with you). I certainly don't believe you are a racist, and I don't mean to imply otherwise. I won't hide, though, from my opinions on the ultimate effect of the present economic construct of college sports, but it's difficult (if not impossible) to have that conversation right here and right this second with the nuance and perspective it deserves.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fair.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And I will shift the Hill discussion to the Chiefs picking up Steven Sims Jr. He would have been a high pick if Kansas had had a semblance of a QB with an arm the last few years. Will probably even be undrafted. But worth a later pick IMHO
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Highly skilled. Bad size. 40-time not good enough to catch anyone's attention.

But, he's a guy that will get phone calls right after the draft.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Apparently Hill phone conversation will be posted on KCTV in 15 minutes. Producer from KCTV5 tweeted to hold on to your seats.

First glance, he seems done.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG