Kansas Football.
Deleted User 104

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by Deleted User 104 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:27 pm
lobster wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:07 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Textbook sociopath.
I found this on Wikipedia about Burfict.

"Burfict was born in South Los Angeles. His father, a gang member and convicted cocaine dealer, was incarcerated most of the time and never had a relationship with his son."
So what you are saying is that he’s a giant success story? Which, he is.
Um....

I was saying, sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You mean the kid who grew up fatherless because his biological father was in jail but managed to make $30 million and counting?
Deleted User 104

If you want to look it with rose colored glasses. Or you can look at it as someone throwing most of it all away due to a pattern of stupid decisions.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

None of that makes sense. Nor does Burfict's suspension have any logical correlation to his biological father's life. Everything I wrote about Burfict is factually true.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 pm None of that makes sense. Nor does Burfict's suspension have any logical correlation to his biological father's life. Everything I wrote about Burfict is factually true.
You're telling the truth, but only some of it.

Also, since when did you become the new Illy?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

CNB & Lobster - We all make assumptions and assessments.
We don't know what does and doesn't make him tick.
I could go ahead and assume Burfict has anger issues that stem from his difficult childhood.
A lot more than "just" his father being in prison during his childhood could set him off.
Instead of acting out off the field, he chooses to act out on it.
Well, he did act out in a locker room at ASU.
I believe he had 17 personal foul penalties in 35 games at ASU.
Then came his NFL career. If I am not mistaken, 14 suspensions and fines?
I can be and often am a sympathetic person. It's hard for me to be sympathetic when the guy intentionally tries to take people's heads off, has been told numerous times not to do the things he's done, has been punished numerous times for repeatedly doing it, and continues to do it.
The final straw came at Indy. As I mentioned, not only was his hit on Doyle cheap and dirty, the guy took pride in it and then felt the need to smile about it and taunt the Indy fans.
Plenty of professional football players have had shitty childhoods. The majority of them don't try and take other player's heads off, (as well as intentionally trying to break ankles, hitting someone in the groin, taking out a QBs knee/s, kicking and stepping on opponents, poking someone in the eye, etc.) because of it.
Two wrongs don't makes a right but if they do - more than fines and suspensions, this was the ultimate fuck you to Burfict. The irony is Gruden is ripping on Smith-Schuster for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOfIObh ... r_embedded
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

lobster wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 pm None of that makes sense. Nor does Burfict's suspension have any logical correlation to his biological father's life. Everything I wrote about Burfict is factually true.
You're telling the truth, but only some of it.

Also, since when did you become the new Illy?
Fucking classic.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:47 pm If you want to look it with rose colored glasses. Or you can look at it as someone throwing most of it all away due to a pattern of stupid decisions.
Burfict has found an acceptable channel for his rage and aggression and has been wildly successful at it. Some guys play football because they love it and are good at it. A small minority of guys do it because it allows them to try to hurt other people. Frankly, it's the same mentality that leads a minority of people to become police officers.

He has obviously lost several million dollars on fines but it doesn't seem that he really cares about that. Some people that grow up without any money simply do not value it like other folks.

So long as the NFL continues to allow him to return to the field, Burfict is succeeding. CNB is 100% right. Even a piece of shit NFL player is a massive success story when compared to a broken home full of drug dealers and scum bags.

I'm not going to cheer the guy and I hope he gets kicked out of the league before he paralyzes or kills someone but facts are facts.
Deleted User 62

A lot of the stuff that Burfect does now was considered good hard football not too long ago.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Spearheading with the helmet to the helmet is just dirty but I agree jeep that some of the 'leading' with the helmet penalties or the roughing the passer penalties have gone too far.
Deleted User 62

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:28 pm Spearheading with the helmet to the helmet is just dirty but I agree jeep that some of the 'leading' with the helmet penalties or the roughing the passer penalties have gone too far.
When I played football as a young man, our Head Coach had played for the NY Giants.
We were taught to tackle with the top of your helmet directly into the numbers.

One of the reason why I can barely move my neck side to side at 55 years old.
Deleted User 62

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:28 pm Spearheading with the helmet to the helmet is just dirty but I agree jeep that some of the 'leading' with the helmet penalties or the roughing the passer penalties have gone too far.
Watch some Ray Lewis highlights.
He was more 60/40 than 50/50 on hits that could end careers.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He also maybe/likely got away with helping murder two people.
Deleted User 62

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:17 pm He also maybe/likely got away with helping murder two people.
No doubt.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski is out for the season after hip surgery. Could be nothing, could be something. Will be interesting which one it ends up being.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Always a great kicker, especially in that stadium in Foxboro where the wind can be brutal.

He's struggled this year with extra points, but he doesn't miss much in the playoffs. 89% FG and 96% XP in playoffs. Damn good.

That's a big weapon gone for them considering he's used to the playoff conditions in New England.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

They worked out Kai Forbath, Mike Nugent, Elliott Fry, Blair Walsh and Matthew Wright and are not expected to name the replacement until later today at the earliest.

There's not much a genius coach can do to scheme around a kicking problem. I will definitely be following this as the season rolls along.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You know you're relevant when your damn kicker is a national storyline.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I had to find the details on a New England area news site. But as the Bears proved, contenders need to have reliable kicking. So yeah, it is a story.

Edit: Sounds like Mike Nugent, a 37 year old on now his 8th team, is expected to sign with the Pats.