2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:49 am You probably wait one more season to say that, especially being able to evaluate him without Hill.

I think Mahomes ends up being close to a Rodgers impact: He's going to win the Chiefs a Super Bowl, but he's not good enough to be dominant and win multiple Super Bowls while overcoming a decade of awful football/personnel decisions. I mean, who really is?

It's up to the Chiefs whether or not Mahomes wears multiple rings and I would not commit a bunch of money to a guy like Hill, maybe ever.
Eh, the contract timing really just depends on where you want to load the biggest numbers (vis a vis the rest of your roster). The price is what it is at the top (and that's a reason why it's SO FUCKING HARD to win with a B+ guy, like a Stafford or a Rivers or an Alex Smith).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Should have been more clear: when you have Mahomes, pay for a guy with Tyreek's talent, but don't gamble and commit to a person like Tyreek.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sure, I was speaking only to the question about Mahomes' deal.

On Hill - I don't have a problem with AAVs that are at the top of the scale. But you cannot be locked into a problem if you end up having to cut him.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Brady did all right with cheap wideouts.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sure. And a head coach that has no superior as a defensive mind. I think these Chiefs have to skin the cat a different way. A "reliably score 35+/game" way.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wouldn't mind paying a elite wideout or tight end good money.
I don't think you spend that money, in today's NFL, on a running back though.
Get your running backs through the draft.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 am I wouldn't mind paying a elite wideout or tight end good money.
I don't think you spend that money, in today's NFL, on a running back though.
Get your running backs through the draft.
Or off the street. They're fungible and have very short shelf lives.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Speaking Thursday, Chiefs coach Andy Reid declined comment on the Tyreek Hill situation.

Hill is reportedly in the legal clear and is fully expected to rejoin the team before training camp. As we have learned in recent years, it is still quite possible he ends up facing league discipline, but it no longer appears that his Chiefs roster spot is in danger.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:18 pm Speaking Thursday, Chiefs coach Andy Reid declined comment on the Tyreek Hill situation.

Hill is reportedly in the legal clear and is fully expected to rejoin the team before training camp. As we have learned in recent years, it is still quite possible he ends up facing league discipline, but it no longer appears that his Chiefs roster spot is in danger.
What's that from?

I'm not sure there's any clarity on how this will play out. It would not be surprising for him to end up on the Commissioner's Exempt list during the pendency of the NFL's investigation (but he and his representatives are probably legally barred from saying anything about what happened to the kid during the pendency of the child protection services proceedings, which can take months if not years).
noosh

Post by noosh »

Good. Looks like the Queefs have learned from their moronic fucking kneejerk reaction to the Kareem Hunt love tap. This is the NFL. No one expects these gangbangers to be Boy Scouts. Dock him a little pay but good god dont fuckin cut him. It's human nature to forgive...especially when we gettin Ws
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tyreek Hill and the Chiefs "could potentially re-engage in contract negotiations for an extension in the not-too-distant future" if the investigation ends with a "positive outcome for Hill."
Yahoo Sports' Terez Pryor reports the Chiefs are hopeful a ruling will come down on Tyreek Hill before training camp. If it's favorable for Hill -- sources believe yesterday's meeting with Roger Goodell went well -- he'll join the team at the beginning of camp. Hill's suspension is reportedly a "maximum" of four games, not long enough to scare the Chiefs away from contract negotiations with their top receiver.

https://www.rotoworld.com/
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For a schedule perspective, the first four games, ( though 3 are on the road ) are probably one of the easier of pockets for the Chiefs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

If Hill is going to miss any games, the first 4 are the ones to ideally miss. Get Mecole Hardman in the flow and then as the gauntlet comes in the last half of the season, Hill will be fresh and Hardman will be acquainted to the offense and have a connection with Mahomes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

IF it is a four game suspension I could easily see the players union challenge that and get it reduced to two.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Eh. I think if it's four of fewer - maybe even six or fewer - Hill just accepts it and moves on. There's a lot of value, including with respect to his next contract, in just letting the story die.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd guess at this point, its four, and he takes that.
Week five, he's back and Hardman and Hill is a lot of speed for Mahomes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'd advise the Union that this isn't the one you go to Court over.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Damn, sad:

Kendrick Norton, a 22-year-old defensive lineman for the Miami Dolphins, had an arm amputation after a car wreck early Thursday in Miami, his agent says.

"With sadness, I can confirm that Kendrick Norton was in a car accident last night and suffered multiple injuries, including the amputation of his arm," Norton's agent, Malki Kawa, tweeted. "We ask that you continue to pray for him. His family also asks that the public respect Kendrick's privacy."

The Florida Highway Patrol said Norton had "severe injuries to his left arm."

Lt. Alex Camacho said Norton was driving in the early morning hours of July 4 on State Road 836, also called the Dolphin Expressway, a 15-mile stretch of highway that cuts across Miami.

Norton's Ford pickup ran into a concrete barrier wall for "unknown reasons," Camacho said. The vehicle flipped, coming to a stop on its roof.

The Florida native played football for the University of Miami Hurricanes. In 2017, during his junior year, he appeared in each of the team's 13 games, making 12 starts, and earned All-ACC honorable mention.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

A lot of whispers that Hill may not be suspended at all. Rog is positioning himself for the upcoming CBA with the Players Union who didn't think to kindly of his handling of the Zeke suspension in '17.

I have to believe that 'Reek might get his extension done this summer after all. How the narrative has dramatically changed.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:25 pm A lot of whispers that Hill may not be suspended at all. Rog is positioning himself for the upcoming CBA with the Players Union who didn't think to kindly of his handling of the Zeke suspension in '17.

I have to believe that 'Reek might get his extension done this summer after all. How the narrative has dramatically changed.
Speaking separately from my personal feelings - the smartest outcome for Hill, the Chiefs and the NFL is for (1) the Chiefs to suspend Hill for 2-4 games, (2) the NFL to say it will impose no further discipline and (3) Hill to agree (privately or publicly, not sure which) not to appeal.