2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by pdub »

Yes.
No punishment at all would cause a ruckus.
2-4 you have done SOMETHING, the players union is satisfied enough, and Chiefs and Tyreek deal.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:36 pm Yes.
No punishment at all would cause a ruckus.
2-4 you have done SOMETHING, the players union is satisfied enough, and Chiefs and Tyreek deal.
And, if you structure all of this a certain way, the NFL won't have locked itself into a precedent for a situation that can be looked at to support almost ANY conclusion: it is not unreasonable to argue that there is no evidence Tyreek did anything truly wrong besides saying some bad words; it is also not unreasonable to argue that Tyreek is an objectively evil person who should be shot into the sun.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yup.
I don't like how the NFL is the extra judge and jury to these guys ( I get the reasons why, I just don't like them ) - but they need to cover their bases.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So 610 in KC just dropped the entire audio. Not snippets. The entire thing. And Hill is continually adamant against any violence he's been accused of dating back to 2014.

When he pushed back against her, she didn't necessarily push back when he said he didn't do it.

Listen online at 3:30 and at 5. That's the only time it'll be aired today. Podcast might be up tomorrow.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I cannot figure out who stands to benefit by leaking this now.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The general consensus I've gathered on twitter is that Hill is gaining more positive vibes in this whole thing and it seems like the mom has been seemingly trying to set up Hill for the last 5 years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

But that's been the trendline for several weeks now, with a good (for Hill) resolution seeming ready to drop within days. I don't get why anyone thought it was smart to leak this.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think 610 had been digging deep for a while now. And I think once they felt comfortable after getting the whole thing, they decided to run with it.

Although the Chiefs are good for 610 and KC sports radio as a whole, they are still a "journalistic platform" and are expected to report things both good and bad.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Tyreek Hill will not be suspended per multiple National NFL writers.

NFL did a thorough investigation and believe Tyreek was not in the wrong.

I'm surprised, but the latest audio (Which Chiefs and NFL had for a while) showed just how crazy she was and how he was so frustrated and pissed about it all.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:06 amNFL did a thorough investigation and believe Tyreek was not in the wrong.
Well this isn't true.

Honestly, it puts the Chiefs in a tough spot.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Hill did something to get suspended. I think he's an overall decent guy with a bad habit of doing some dumb things. I think the Chiefs did it as well as they could. Kind of like KU and Pooka. Suspended him from all team activities. Let the legal process and whatnot kind of fade out.

It is interesting that the NFL suspended Zeke for 6 games for something deemed arguably less.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NFL needed to step up here and didn't.
It's not on the Chiefs.
I'm pretty surprised he didn't get at least 2 ( and figured 4 ) games.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 amI think he's an overall decent guy with a bad habit of doing some dumb things.
That's called being a fan.

Tyreek HIll is an amazing football player, but he and his fiance' are trash.

Their kid is safe because he no longer lives with them.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This is a bad outcome for the Chiefs. Hangs them out to dry with the local fans (of principle, anyway), and puts them in a position of negotiating with a player who can say (truthfully) he's got a clean slate.

I am very surprised the Chiefs did not want, or were not successful in getting the NFL to hand down, a suspension of 2-4 games.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

What a complete swing from when this story initially broke. I didn't believe that 'Reek would play another down of football.

I'm surprised that he didn't get a two game suspension to appease the general public but when I hear that despite repeated attempts by the NFL to speak to Crystal and she was unresponsive I am also not surprised he didn't get anything. The whole situation is a bad look for all parties involved and I really hope that ALL parties involve seek help moving forward.

I believe this is a GREAT outcome for the Chiefs. He isn't suspended. They get a top five WR (arguably) in or heading into his prime who they have the financial control over. If they give him a new deal, which I believe they will it will most likely be cheaper than what he would have commanded if none of this would have come to light. 'Clean' slate or not his name will be forever attached to this and I would believe that is always going to stick in the back of a teams mind when presenting a six figure deal.

As far as the local fans are concerned with all of the new information that has come out Chiefs fans have mostly sided on 'Reek's side.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I agree that it's not the best solution for them because their track record with previous incidents and Reid at Philly hasn't been the best. I think the Chiefs could have afforded to have the NFL suspend him for 4 games or so. Their easiest games of the season.

But I also believe that 610 really helped change the perception of Hill in this whole case. Fans that were against him and against the Chiefs for not cutting him have been flipped over quite a bit to where they agree with the Chiefs letting him stay there.

Shitty situation for all parties. But I think the Chiefs played it as well as they could after the Hunt ordeal where they cut him fast and he's signed and only suspended for half the season.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Great news if you ask me. I’ve never believed that sports should punish athletes for off the field conduct. That’s what the law is for
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 am What a complete swing from when this story initially broke. I didn't believe that 'Reek would play another down of football.

I'm surprised that he didn't get a two game suspension to appease the general public but when I hear that despite repeated attempts by the NFL to speak to Crystal and she was unresponsive I am also not surprised he didn't get anything. The whole situation is a bad look for all parties involved and I really hope that ALL parties involve seek help moving forward.

I believe this is a GREAT outcome for the Chiefs. He isn't suspended. They get a top five WR (arguably) in or heading into his prime who they have the financial control over. If they give him a new deal, which I believe they will it will most likely be cheaper than what he would have commanded if none of this would have come to light. 'Clean' slate or not his name will be forever attached to this and I would believe that is always going to stick in the back of a teams mind when presenting a six figure deal.

As far as the local fans are concerned with all of the new information that has come out Chiefs fans have mostly sided on 'Reek's side.
I couldn't agree with this any more. The NFL reached out MULTIPLE times to Espinosa and she declined every time. The NFL talked to multiple members of Hill's and Espinosa's family.